Age Limit for IPS Examinations
- A candidate aspiring to apply for the IPS must have attained the age of 21 years.
- He/she must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August 2015 i.e., he /she must have taken birth not before 2nd August 1983 and not after 1st August 1994.
Relaxation of Age Limit:
- There is a relaxation of maximum 5 years for the candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Relaxation of maximum 3 years for the candidates who belongs to other backward classes provided he/she is eligible to avail such reservation.
For Hindi Version of IAS Paper Website http://www.ias.net.in/hindi Click here to visit
- There is special reservation for the candidates who had already been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to the day of 31st December 1989.The relation provided to them is the maximum of 5 years.
- In the case of Defence Sevices personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof; shall be provided with the relation of maximum 3 years.
- There is relaxation for up to 5 years where the candidate is an ex-serviceman including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/ SSOs who have delivered at least 5 years military Service till 1st August 2015 and have been released thereafter on completion of assignment including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August,2015 otherwise , than by way of dismissal or discharge on grounds of misconduct, or on if found inefficient to do the work, or due to physically disabled attributable to the Military service, or on invalidness.
You may love to read > UPSC Mains Exam – General Studies 1 Paper 2 Syllabus Civil Service
- There is relaxation up to a maximum period of 5 years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed the starting period of assignment of 5 years Military Service as on 1st August 2015 and also for those whose assignment has been beyond 5 years. This relaxation for 5 years is also for those in whose case the Ministry of Defence has issued a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date when he receives an offer letter for an appointment.
- In the case of physically disabled person i.e; blind, deaf-mute and also orthopedically handicapped candidates there is relaxation for up to the maximum of 10 years.
Eligibility Conditions. (b) A candidate must not have attained the age of 32 years for General Category, 35 years for Other Backward Classes category candidates and 37 years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.