AIPGDEE is All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination is the most popular and national level examination conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. It is a postgraduate examination. The entrance examination provides the admission to 3-full-years admission in Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) course offered by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
There are 50% all India quota seats in various government dental Colleges/Institutions of the country except Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir. The AIPGDEE is conducted against this quota.
Here, we are providing the significant details of AEEE for candidates through this article and those applicants who are interested and it may include AEEE Exam Pattern, Exam Dates, Exam Centers, etc.
AIPGDEE Important Dates
Now the examination AIPGDEE is replaced by the NEET PG 2018 and the examination will be conducted under the name of NEET PG even for the Dental PG admissions. The below table provides the tentative duration in which the important events can happen.
|Online Application Form Filling starts from||The second week of October 2018|
|Last date for the submission of Online application form||The first week of November 2018|
|Admit Card downloading Date||The last week of November 2018|
|Date of Entrance Exam||Second week of December 2018|
|Result Declaration||Last week of December 2018|
AIPGDEE Admit card
The admit card for AIPGDEE will be available online. The card will be available online and candidate wants to access the admit card will be through the official website of the AIPGDEE. The admit card will be available the last week of November 2018.
The date provided above is tentative and for the more updated date, the candidate should regularly visit the official site of the AIPGDEE. The admit card will contain details like name of the candidate, exam centre, date of the examination, venue of the AIPGDEE, etc.
The candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card and will not be able to appear for the examination. The admit card should be downloaded by the candidate and admit card for AIPGDEE will not be sent to anyone by post. It is advised that the candidate should carry a valid ID proof along with the admit card to the AIPGDEE admit card.
AIPGDEE Application Form
The very first step to give the AIPGDEE is the application form filling process. The applicant has to do this before the tentative last date as mentioned on the official website of AIPGDEE (AIIMS). The applicant has to make sure that the eligibility criteria is fulfilled by him or her based on the course he or she is applying for. The applicant has to fill the AIPGDEE application form online and then take a print out of the form.
The application form will be available online and the will start from the second week of October (tentatively).
Applicants must note that all the documents have to be self-attested. In case the documents are not attached or the documents are found to be invalid, the application will be rejected. Applicants should read the prospectus thoroughly before applying for the AIPGDEE examination.
Applicants must also note that the details once entered by him or her cannot be altered. The applicant should download the form and should take the printout of the application form. The candidate should keep the print out safely and must retain a copy of registration slip throughout the admission process.
The registration fee is Rs. 1000/- + Bank charges or transaction charges (if applicable) for General/OBC category Applicants and is Rs. 800/- plus bank charges or the transaction charges for reserved category (SC/ST Category) Applicants. For the OPH (Orthopedic Physically Handicapped), they are excused from application fee.
The fee can be paid through online mode (credit/debit card/net banking).It can also be paid offline through a challan that has to be generated from the official portal which can be submitted at any branch of SBI.
Above fees structure is mentioned below point wise:
- For GEN/OBC Category Candidates: Rs. 1000/- + Transaction Charges
- For SC/ST Category Candidates: Rs. 800/- + Transaction Charges
- Orthopedic Physically Handicapped (OPH): Exempted from application fee
AIPGDEE Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be noted by the applicants before applying for AIPGDEE 2018:
- Applicants must have passed or appeared in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or any equivalent exam conducted by a recognized board or university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- The aspirant must be an Indian National / Person of Indian Origin / Overseas Citizen of India Card holders.
- Candidates must have DCI recognized BDS degree and must have completed the one-year compulsory rotating internship.
- The condition of Compulsory rotating internship of one year is not applicable for those candidates who had passed their final BDS Examination on or before 1989.
- Candidates must have provisional or permanent registration from any of the State Dental Councils after passing the final BDS examination.
- Candidates who are currently undergoing 12-month compulsory training and is likely to complete by 31st March 2018 are eligible to apply for AIPGDEE 2017 but such candidates have to produce the certificate from the head of the institution that their internship will be completed until 31st March 2017.
- Those who have passed BDS examination from the institutes of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir will not be eligible for AIPGDEE 2017. If such candidates are nominated by the Government of India for the completion of the course from these states then, they will be eligible to apply.
AIPGDEE Exam Pattern
For AIPGDEE, the paper will be online that is the computer based test (CBT). The question paper for AIPGDEE will consist of all the topics that candidates study during curriculum of BDS course. The subject for AIGPDEE will include BDS basics that are sciences, para-clinical and clinical.
The time duration for AIPGDEE will be 3 hours and will consist of the total of 200 questions.Each question will carry 4 marks for a correct response. Negative marking of 1 mark will be applicable for each incorrect answer.
The medium of the paper will strictly be in English. Applicants can follow the table for AIPGDEE 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Question paper will consist of||BDS courses|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
|Marks for each question||4|
|Total marks for each section||200|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Computer based|
The date for the declaration of AIPGDEE 2018 result will be in the month December 2018, tentatively. Once the score card is made available online on the official AIPGDEE 2018 website by AIIMS, the applicant can download his or her score card from the website. The merit holders can download their rank letters from the official website of AIPGDEE (AIIMS). No separate score cards will be mailed to the applicants individually.
Applicants will have to follow the steps listed below to get their score card:
- First, open the official website
- Then click on the link for the AIPGDEE result 2018 “Click here to check AIPGDEE – 2018 Entrance Test Result”.
- Then select the stream the applicant has applied to and check the result for that stream.
Answer Key for AIPGDEE
The answer key for AIPGDEE 2018 will be published on the official website after the exam is over. This is done to maintain transparency between the University and the applicants. If an applicant feels that there is a disparity in their marking, he or she must write an official letter to the exam conducting body within 2 days of the declaration of the answer key.
AIPGDEE 2018 counselling process will be conducted by The Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). The applicants must fill their preferences online for admission in various courses. The available seats for the candidate will be 50% All India Quota MDS seats. The seats will be allotted on the basis of AIPGDEE 2018 Merit List. Some of the important points related to AIPGDEE counselling are listed below:
- The counselling schedule will be published on the official AIIMS website (AIPGDEE) or by the above-mentioned committee. The applicants must keep a check on that for accurate details.
- The applicant will have to submit the Counselling fee either through online mode (credit card/ debit card/ net banking) or offline at the University.
- The applicant will get a seat based on the AIPGDEE 2018 Merit List and Provisional Admission Letter.
- Applicants will have to report to the Counseling Centre in the provided time with all the required documents (10th and 12th Mark Sheet, Aadhar Card etc) and counselling fee.
- If the applicant fails to report on time or pay the counselling fee, his or her application will be rejected.
- Seats will be allotted online so applicants are requested to regularly check the official AIIMS website for AIPGDEE.
- Applicants should carefully fill in the preferences and options as no change will be entertained after they have locked in their preferences.
- The admission dates and timing of reporting will be displayed along with the Merit list on the official AIIMS website (AIPGDEE).
Documents Required for Admission
- Admit Card-cum – Confirmation Slip issued by AIIMS
- Rank Letter
- BDS Mark Sheets of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year
- BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate from the Head of Institution or College
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate issued by DCI OR State Dental Council
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate in proof of date of birth
- Identity Proof
- Category Certificate
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate issued from a duly constituted and
- authorized Medical Board
Applicants must note that AIPGDEE exams centres will be decided by the committee in AIIMS and candidate must check regularly on the official website.
Applicants can go through the tentative syllabus for AIPGDEE 2018 is as mentioned that it will consist of all topics that one have studied during the course curriculum of BDS course.