ASSO CET 2018 is the all India level entrance examination that will be conducted by the Association of Management of Unaided Private Medical & Dental Colleges of Maharashtra (AMUPMDC). This entrance exam is conducted for admission to postgraduate medical courses (APGMC) and dental courses (APGDC) in Associated Unaided Private Medical & Dental Colleges of Maharashtra.
In this article, we are providing detailed information about ASSO CET 2018 that is exam dates, Admit card, Application form, Eligibility Criteria and other important information.
|Online Registration from||April 2018|
|Last date for registration||May 2018|
|Last date for fee submission at bank||May 2018|
|Admit Card Downloading from||May 2018|
|Examination Date||In the month of May 2018|
ASSO CET Admit Card
The ASSO CET addmit card will be made available by the official authority of ASSO CET on the official website of AMUPMDC (ASSO CET). The admit card should be downloaded by the candidate from the official website of the ASSO CET. The admit card will be made available in the month of May 2018.
The admit card is obligatory for the candidates to take the examination of ASSO CET. Without the admit card the candidate will not be given the entry in the examination hall. Candidates should also carry the ID proof along with admit card. Identity proof is also important for the candidate to carry to the examination hall.
ASSO CET Application Form
The aspiring candidates can apply for ASSO CET 2018 from the last week of April 2018. The last date for the submission of online application form will be the last week of May 2018. Candidates are advised to read the information brochure thoroughly, before filling the application form. Candidates can fill the application form by accessing the official website of AMUPMDC.
The Application form should be filled properly with the given instructions on the official website of ASSO CET. There will be some application fees for the application form of ASSO CET.
The examination fee will be Rs. 3000/-. The fee can be paid through challan which is an offline mode. Candidates are required to visit any branch of State Bank of India along with challan and pay the requisite application fee by cash.
The candidates should have checked for minimum criteria in order to appear for the ASSO CET examination. The candidates who will be able to fit the given criteria will be eligible for the ASSO CET.
- Candidates must have passed MBBS/BDS examination from recognized medical/dental institution.
- Candidates should have completed the one-year compulsory rotating internship as on or before 31st March 2018.
- Applicant should be registered with MCI/DCI or State Medical/Dental Council.
- The candidates who have completed PG diploma is eligible for ASSO CET 2018 admission for PG degree in same subject
- A Candidates belonging to Reserved Category must have obtained not less than 40% Marks Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination.
- For Admissions to MBBS, BDS, B.Sc Nursing the candidate must be born on or before 31ST December 1998 to be eligible to appear for Asso-CET 2018. For admissions to BAMS candidate must be born on or before 1st October 1998. The Secondary School Certificate (i.e. SSC) or equivalent examination certificate endorsing the date of birth will constitute the valid proof.
For B. Sc (Nursing):-
- A candidate belonging to open category must have obtained not less than 45% Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination. A Candidates belonging to Reserved Category must have obtained not less than 40% Marks Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination
- For BPTh, BOTh, BASLP rule no. 6.4.1, 6.4.2 and 6.4.3 is not applicable to this course, passing at Std. XII or HSC or equivalent examination is necessary.
- No rounding off of the marks secured by the candidate will be done in individual subject or final total while converting marks of the individual subject out of 100 or total marks out of 300. For example, if the total of the marks in three subjects comes to 149 out of 300, percentage comes to 49.66 that will not qualify the candidate
The eligibility conditions may vary in accordance with Judicial Pronouncements and orders issued by appropriate Authorities from time to time.
ASSO CET Exam Pattern
The paper comprises of 300 multiple choice objective type questions.The paper consists of 4 sections: Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany. The time for the paper will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
Applicant 1 mark will be added for each right answer and no marks will be deducted for any wrong answer. The examination is generally conducted in Mumbai only.
The distribution of subject and questions is as follows:
|Subject||No of questions||Marks|
ASSO CET Result
The result and merit list of ASSO CET 2018 will be displayed on the official website of ASSO CET. Whenever the official date of result declaration will be announced, we will update it here.
After the declaration of Result, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the students or the candidates in the ASSO CET examination.
ASSO CET Counselling
The selection will be done on the basis of merit and preferences done by the candidates. The list of selected candidates for PG medical and dental courses will be displayed on the official website.
Candidates as per the allotment should report along with all Original Certificates and a set of attested photocopies of each document at the allotted College as per the schedule. All Original Certificates will be verified by the allotted College before finalizing the admission. Certificates & documents should be submitted as per the list given below:
- a)Asso-CET 2017 Mark Sheet
- b) Nationality Certificate or Valid Passport.
- c) Proof of Age (SSC Passing Certificate).
- d) Statement of Marks obtained in the HSC or equivalent examination.
- e) Passing Certificate of HSC or equivalent.
- f) Last School/College Leaving Certificate.
- g) Medical Fitness Certificate as per Annexure – G.
- h) Caste Certificate Caste Validity and non-creamylayer issued byappropriate authorities of the Govt. of Maharashtra
To prepares for ASSO CET entrance test, one has to study the same syllabus of Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) / Pre-Medical / Intermediate science or its equivalent, recognized by Maharashtra State Board. All the questions in the entrance test are based on the following science subjects:
- Units and dimensions
- collisions and centre of mass
- elasticity friction
- rotatory motion
- elements of vectors
- surface tension etc.
- Atomic structure
- classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- electro chemistry
- chemical bonding and molecular structure
- states of matter: gases, solid state
- chemical kinetics etc.
- Taxonomy of plants and animals
- microbes in human welfare
- cell structure
- cell cycle
- biotechnology and its application
- nervous system
- chemical coordination
- plant growth hormones
- environmental issues
- molecular basis of inheritance etc.
- Firstly, make a timetable for your studies.
- Manage your time as per the subjects mentioned in the syllabus.
- Choose the right study material available in the market or on the internet.
- Practice from previous years question papers it will help you to understand the exam pattern.
- To prepare well for the examination, you have to take care of your help.
- Take the nutritious diet and do exercise and yoga to stay fit.