The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE 2018-18) is one of the most standard state level examination controlled by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB).
The combined examination Bihar Combisted Entrance (BCECE 2018) is a state entrance examination. Through this examination, candidates can obtain admission to engineering, pharmacy and agricultural courses in the institutions of the State of Bihar. The BCECE takes place in two stages, Stage 1 and Stage 2.
It is mandatory for the candidate to appear for the first time in Phase 1 and then proceed to Step 2. The candidate must eliminate the two steps to get admission to the courses mentioned. Here we update all the details of the BCECE 2018 exam. Candidates can check here the details on the application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam template, curriculum, etc.
The BCECE entrance exam is conducted in two stages, namely Stage 1 and Stage 2. Aspirants need to be cleared the stage 1 exam to appear in stage 2 exam and to pass in both exam is essential to appear in the admission procedure. BCECE 2018 (Stage 1) Exam has been suspended.
Through this assessment, aspirants may get the admission to the first year UG courses in the field of engineering, pharmacy and agriculture offered by the colleges situated in Bihar state
BCECE 2018 Exam Date
Candidates can check here the tentative exam dates given below:
|Online application form available from||1st week of February 2018|
|Last date to submit the online application||Last week of February 2018|
|Last date to submit the fee through Challan||1st week of March 2018|
|Last date of submission of fee through net banking/credit card/debit card||1st week of march 2018|
|Last date to send the hard copy of online filled-in application form||3rd week of March 2018|
|Date of Admit Card availability for stage 1||1st week of April 2018|
|Commencement of the examination- First Stage||3rd week of April 2018|
|Second Stage||3rd week of May 2018|
|Result of Stage 1||Last week of April 2018|
|Admit Card availability for Stage 2||1st week of may 2018|
|Result of Stage 2||3rd week of June 2018|
BCECE 2018 Application Form
- Interested candidates can fill the BCECE application form 2018 from the official website of BCECEB.
- Candidates can fill the application form in online mode only.
- The application form will start from the first week of February 2018.
- The last date for submission of the online application form will be the last week of February 2018.
- It is required to send the hard copy of the completly filled-in application form to the board office.
- Candidates have to fill the Part A first. After payment of Part A application, candidates can fill the Part B further.
BCECE Registration fees:
- Payment of the application can be paid via credit / debit card / debit card.
- The fee may also be deposited with Challan Bank in a branch of the SBI.
- Candidates applying for a PCM / PCB group and belonging to the General, BC and CBO category must submit Rs. 660 / -.
- For ST / SC candidates, it will be Rs. 330 / – for a group of subjects.
- Candidates applying for the four courses, ie PCMB must pay Rs. 730 / – (For candidates SC / ST is Rs. 365 / -).
The candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility before applying for BCECE 2018. The eligibility conditions of BCECE 2018 is given below:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen and the must be the permanent resident of Bihar state.
- He/she must have attained the age of 17 years as on 1st July 2018. These age criteria are only for agriculture courses.
- No minimum age limit for the candidates applying for engineering courses.
- The candidate wants to apply for BCECE 2018 must have completed 12th as the qualifying examination from the recognised University with minimum 45% marks (for GEN category) and 40% marks (for SC/ST category) secured in the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology subjects.
BCECE Admit Card
The candidates will be able to download the admit card in the month of April 2018. It will be accessible from the official website of the board. The BCECE admit card 2018 bears the candidate’s detail as well as the details about the examination like exam date, time and venue. The students are not allowed to enter the examination hall without the valid admit card.
BCECE Exam Pattern
- Stages: BCECE 2018 is conducted in two stage examination (Stage 1 & Stage 2).
- Language: The question paper will have come in English & Hindi language.
- Subjects: Physics and chemistry are the mandatory sections while there is a choice between Mathematics and Biology section.
- Duration: The duration of the entrance examination will be 2 hours 15 minutes (for stage I) and 1 hour 30 minutes (for stage II).
- Type of Question: The question paper type will be objective type consisting of 4 alternative options.
- Marking Scheme: The candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect response one mark will be deducted.
The examination pattern for both the stages is given below in the tabular form:
BCECE Stage 1
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
Check BCECE Exam Pattern 2018 in detail.
BCECE Stage 2
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
- Qualifying Examination: Eligible applicants must qualify the intermediary or equivalent of a recognized board.
- The qualification exam must pass with the necessary subjects, such as physics and mathematics. The optional subjects that are also required are chemistry, biotechnology, biology and professional technical subjects.
- Minimum score: A candidate must be eligible with a minimum of 45% for the general categories and 40% for the reserve categories.
- Qualification examination: the minimum qualification is 10 + 2 or equivalent to the examination.
- Subjects: The compulsory subjects required in the previous university examination are Physics and Chemistry. In addition, it is compulsory to choose an optional subject between them, that is to say mathematical, biological or technical technical subjects.
- Minimum score: the candidate must obtain 45% of the qualifications (general candidates) in the qualifying examination and 40% (candidates SC / ST).
- Visible candidates: Principal applicants may also apply in either condition that they must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of referral.
BCECE Application Form
BCECE 2018 application form was invited from the 14th February 2018. The application form is released online and can be filled through the official website of the board. There are two parts in the application form as Part A and Part B.
Candidates have to fill part A and then fill the application form. After filling the application fee, they are able to fill the part B. After filling both parts, all need to send the hard copy of online submitted application form (Part-A & Part-B) along with paid Bank Challan & enclosures to the BCECE office address given below:
“Controller of Examination, B.C.E.C.E. Board
I.A.S. Association Building,
Near Patna Airport,
P.O.-B.V.College, Patna – 800014”
The application fee of Rs 1000/- was charged from the general & OBC candidates (Rs 500/- for SC/ST candidates).
The candidates want to appear in all subjects i.e. PCMB are required to pay Rs 1100/- (for GEN category) against the application form.
For SC/ST category candidates, the application fee was Rs 550/-. The candidates can make the payment using credit card/debit card/net banking or bank challan.
Candidates those will clear the BCECE 2018-18 entrance test with the cut-off marks will be required to appear in the counselling procedure organised by the board for the allotment of seats.
To appear in the BCECE 2018 counselling, the candidates have to register themselves so that he/she will be eligible for filling the choices for the college and branch.
The seat allotment depends upon various factors that include candidate’s rank in the entrance examination, seat availability in the preferred college and the choices exercised by the candidates.
|Category||Seat reserved (%)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Extremely Backward Class (OBC)||18%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3%|
Note: 50% seats are reserved for the General Category candidates.
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effects of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Some basic concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- General Introduction of P-Block Element
- Some Basic Principals and Techniques of Organic Chemistry
- Classification of hydrocarbons
- Environmental pollution
- Solid state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P-Block Elements
- D-and F-Block Elements
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday life
- Sets & Functions
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Calculus (I)
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics & Probability (I)
- Relations & Functions
- Algebra (II)
- Calculus (II)
How to prepare for the BCECE
- Increase your speed of solving questions by practicing various documents, series of tests, etc.
- You should study your subjects daily.
- Improve your concepts. If you find complex questions, you can only solve them if you know the basic concept.
- Follow effective and effective study materials.
- Make a schedule and do a smart study, plan your strategies and take the lead of experts, seniors, etc.
- Do not stress at the time of the test.