CAT 2018: Result, Answer Key, Score Card, Cut Off, Dates
CAT 2018 Result/Score Card has been released on 8th January 2018. CAT is known as (Common Admission Test) it is a national level test conducted for pursuing Postgraduate Programmer in Business Administration And MBA. Indian Institute of Management conduct (CAT) common admission test for the candidate and it is organized by IIM Delhi on a rotation basis.
Through this admission is possible into 19 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), Postgraduate Management Programmer (MBA) And Various B-Schools located across the country. To take admission into IIMs Candidates have to qualify CAT exams.There are Many Government and Private College and Institution which accept CAT marks for admission.
Every year’s candidate takes admission and appear examination and know admission and candidate appear examination is increasing years by year. As everybody knows that seat is limited for candidate and competition among students is high.
Candidate can check Eligibility Criteria, Application Form Syllabus Cut Off Marks Exams Pattern, Dates etc are provided in this article.
CAT 2018 Notification – Score Card Released
CAT 2018 Result/Score Card has been released on 8th January 2018. Click here for result details.
CAT 2017 Slot 1 Answer Key released – Download here
CAT 2017 Slot 2 Answer key – Download here
CAT 2018 Admit Card has been released on 25th October 2017. Click here to view admit card details.
CAT 2018 Mock Test is available for practice now. Check here for mock test & other preparation tips.
What is CAT?
- Common Admission Test or CAT is the only entrance exam for admission in MBA and PGDM programs in top MBA colleges of India such as IIMs, IITs FMS, and ISBs.
- 20 IIMs and more than 136 Management Institutes participate in Common Admission Test.
- CAT is open to all graduates who hold at least 50% marks in graduation.
- The duration of CAT exam is 180 minutes and consists 100 questions.
- Negative marking is also applicable in CAT
- CAT 2018 will be conducted in online mode in December.
- For admission to IIMs, CAT qualifying candidates need to apply for all the IIMs separately.
- Admission into IIMs is entirely based on marks secured in CAT and the performance of candidates in GD PI held at respective IIMs.
CAT Exam Dates
Candidate should know important exams dates of CAT examination. Important event and dates like Advertisement released, online registration starts, Last date for registration, etc below is given the schedule for understanding properly:
The tentative dates of CAT 2018 examination are mentioned below:
CAT Exam Dates
The official dates of CAT 2018 examination are mentioned below:
|Advertisement released||30th July 2017|
|Online registration starts||9th August 2017|
|Last date for registration||25th September 2017 (Extended)|
|Application correction||27th – 30th September 2017|
|Admit card release date||25th October – 26th November 2017|
|Mock Test Release||30th October 2017|
|Exam date||26th November 2017|
|Answer key & question paper release||7th December 2017|
|Last date to submit objection||9th December 2017 (2:00 PM)|
|Result announcement||8th January 2018|
CAT 2017 Registration has been started now. Candidates can register for this exam until 20th September 2017. Click here to register.
The candidate is provided application form on online. From 2nd week of August Online registration will be started starts and the Last date for registration will be Last week of September. If a candidate didn’t fill the application form before due date application will not be accepted. Through online, official portal Candidate can fill the application form.
Fill all detail properly according to required detail like Personal, Academic, Programmes & Other Relevant details in given format. The candidate has to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature & other required documents in the application form. Candidates are advised to keep printed copies of filled application form for further use and verification.
Below is given detail about application form:
- Candidates can register for this exam via online mode through the website.
- CAT Application Form 2018 will be released from the second week of August 2018.
- Go to the official website of CAT (link will be provided above).
- Enter your registration details and register yourself.
- A User ID and Password will be generated after registration.
- Fill all the required details like personal, academic, programs & other relevant details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature & other required documents.
- Candidates are required to pay the application fee through online mode only.
- Don’t forget to take a printout of the application form for further use.
Candidate can pay application form fees through online as well as offline. Through online candidates can pay by, net banking, credit card (Visa/Master/American Express)/ Debit card (Visa/Master).
Application fees for GEN/OBC category are Rs. 1700/- and for SC/ST/PWD category it is Rs.850/-
Below is given detail about application fees:
- The application fee will be 1700/-for General / NC-OBC candidates.
- SC/ST /PWD candidates are required to pay 850/- as an application fee.
- The application fee payment can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
Important documents to be uploaded with the application form:
- Scanned passport photograph of .jpg or .jpeg format with the dimensions of 35mm x 45mm and memory size less than 80 kb.
- Scanned signature of the candidate in .jpg or .jpeg format with the dimensions of 80mm x 35mm and memory size less than 80 kb.
- Self-attested scanned copy of NC-OBC/SC/ST / PWD/DA Certificate in pdf format.
Past Application Trend in CAT
|Year||No. of Registration||No. of Test Takers|
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for the amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for an amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
CAT Eligibility Criteria
Candidate should know about the eligibility of CAT exams. Candidate ignores eligibility that affects them at the time of admission process. Candidate should know basic information while taking admission like he/she should have passed and obtained Bachelor’s Degree in any recognized university or institute.
The minimum percentage of aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA to be obtained or secured by the candidate is 50 for GEN/OBC category candidates and 45 for reserved category candidates.
Candidate appearing for Final year graduation examination they have to fulfill the Bachelor’s degree cutoff and other factors within the stipulated schedule given by IIMs and other participating institutes.
The following detail with the table is given to you, Category wise:
- Qualification: Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- In the qualifying exam, students must have secured minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
- Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
Category wise seat reservation
CAT Exam Pattern
The candidate is provided exam pattern of CAT exams. Candidate will be given 3 hours to complete their paper, no extra time will be served to any candidate. The CAT syllabus which will come in exams is logical reasoning & data interpretation, verbal ability & Reading Comprehension and Quantitative ability.
Each question carries three marks. For each wrong answer, there will be negative marking of 1 mark. There is no negative marking for non-MCQs or unattempted questions by the candidate.
Below is provided detail of exams pattern and structure of CAT exams:
- This exam will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: The total exam duration will be 180 minutes. Sixty minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- The question paper will comprise of total
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple choice questions, one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
|S.No.||Section||No. of MCQs||No. of Non-MCQs||Questions from each section||Time allotted to each section (minutes)|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)||24||10||34||60|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||24||8||32||60|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||27||7||34||60|
|Name of Test||Common Admission Test|
|Purpose of Test||Qualifying Test for admission to 20 IIMs and 100+ B-schools|
|Conducted by||Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow)|
|Exam type||National Level|
|Periodicity||Once in a year (Usually in November/December)|
|Score or Grade Validity||1 year|
|Annual Number of Test Takers||1,95,000|
|Pattern of Test||MCQs and Non-MCQs|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Test Duration||3:00 hours|
|Negative Marking||Yes (1 mark for each wrong answer)|
|Syllabus||Questions are asked from VRC, QA, DI & LR|
|Mode of Conduct||Computer based test (Online mode )|
|CAT 2017 Convenor||To be announced|
|Application Fees||Rs. 1700 for General/NC-OBC category and Rs. 850 for SC/ST/PWD/DA category|
|Declaration of Result||January|
|Reservation of seats in IIMs and B-schools||As per the Government of India regulations|
Courses Offered through CAT
Candidate can take admission on basis of scored marks by the candidate. According to that Following courses are offered by 20 IIMs and other top B-schools in India:
List of courses offered via CAT:
|1||PGPEM (Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management)|
|2||PGPBM (Post Graduate Programme in Business Management)|
|3||PGP (Post Graduate Programme)|
|4||PGPWE (Post Graduate Programme for Working Executive)|
|5||PGPPM (Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management)|
|6||EPGPM (Executive Post Graduate Programme)|
|7||PGPSM (Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets)|
|8||PGDHRM (Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management)|
|9||PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)|
|10||PGPEX (Post Graduate Programme for Executives)|
|11||PGP-Mumbai (Post Graduate Programme at Mumbai)|
|12||PGP-ABM (Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management)|
|13||PGP-UAE (Post Graduate Programme at UAE)|
CAT Admit Card
Candidate can download admit card/hall ticket through online, official portal of authority. From 4th week of October, candidates can download their hall tickets. Hall ticket is a mandatory document it contains candidate-related detail such s candidate name roll number center address, a birth of date etc..
It is candidate responsibility to keep save their hall ticket till the completion of exams. Candidate will not be allowed to sit in the examination hall without the CAT Admit Card and a valid photo identity proof. The candidate is advised to keep printed copies of hall ticket for further use.
- Only those candidates will be able to get the admit card who have successfully submitted their online application form.
- CAT Admit Card will be provided to students through online mode.
- Candidates can download the CAT hall ticket by entering their User ID and Password.
- The admit card will contain details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card to the examination center on the day of the examination.
CAT Admit Card can be downloaded by following the given below steps:
- Log on to the official website of CAT
- Log in using your unique User ID and password, created at the time of filling CAT Application Form
- Download the CAT Admit Card
- Take the printout of the same
Candidate can check their result from the month of January. Candidates appear CAT score card will available via online through official portal of authority. Through login, window candidate can view their score card.
To see result candidate have to type Roll number and birth of date in official; portal if, in case candidate type wrong detail page will show error. Candidate can save the page in laptop/computer or can take the screenshot on the phone. Candidates are advised to keep printed copies of result for further use and admission process.
- Candidates can view their score through the login window on the official website.
- Candidates can check the CAT 2018 Result in the second week of January 2019.
- The authority may also intimate about the result to candidates individually.
- CAT score card will be made available via online mode through the website.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the result for further use.
Follow the steps provided below to check CAT Result:
- Visit the official website at iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on “Result link”.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth.
- Check your CAT result.
CAT Answer Key
Candidates attain entrance exams, after few days can check the CAT exams Answer key. Through online, official portal of authority, a candidate can check answer key of CAT exams. Candidate can estimate marks and roughly check answer written in the examination.
This will help the candidate to roughly check their marks/score of Entrance exams. This will help candidates to prepare for further steps.
Below is given detail of CAT answer key:
- The answer key will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the CAT examination.
- CAT answer key will be published within a week after the examination.
- Students can get the answer key via online mode through the website.
- Through answer key, candidates can have an idea about their performance in the examination.
Selection Procedure for CAT
CAT admission process will be started after the result announced to the candidate on the basis of cut-off marks candidate will be given admission. Merit list will be prepared according to candidates score marks in the examination. In those bases, a deserving candidate will be given admission.
IIMs and various b-schools shortlist the candidates, are further called for 3 round. First written ability test second Group discussion and last interview selected candidate will be called. On that basis, overall scores secured by the candidates in CAT score card, GD, PI and WAT candidate will be given admission.
- Written Ability Test: Candidates are given one or more topics on which they are required to write a brief essay in time duration 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Group Discussion: The second stage is a called GD in which 8-10 candidates are given a topic to discuss. This round is held to access the group dynamics of them.
- Interview: This is the final round of selection in which a candidate has to present himself before a panel of 4-8 interviewers. This round is set to test the academic background, work experience, hobbies, interests etc. of the candidates.
- CAT counseling 2018 will be started after the result announcement.
- Admission will be done as per the cut-off released by the IIMs.
- Each IIM consider their own procedures & eligibility for providing admissions.
- For admission, candidates have to go through various rounds like Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT).
- Admission will be done as per the candidate’s performance in the CAT exam & Interview organized by IIMs.
Candidate score above eligible cut-off marks set by IIMs will get admission in IIMs. All IIMs have different cut-off marks for admission. Scoring above cut-off marks is not only important candidate past academic record, work experience also matters in providing admission to IIMs.
Below is provided cut-off marks of the 2016 year which will give candidate rough idea to score in CAT examination. As well as it will help to select candidate favorite college.
The cutoff for CAT will depend on various factors such as:
- Difficulty level of exam
- Number of test takers
- Number of seats
CAT Cutoff of IIMs for 2016
|DI & LR||70||50||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||70||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||75||65||60||65|
|DI & LR||85||77||55||50||55|
Detail related to cut-off marks:
- Students will get admission in various IIMs on the basis of cut-off.
- CAT cut-off will be released after the declaration of result.
- CAT Cut-off will depend upon the various terms like a number of students, seat availability, exam difficulty, etc.
- Cut-off will be published separately for various categories like NC-OBC, ST, ST and DA/PWD.
The candidate is advice before preparing for exam go through syllabus and exam pattern, dates which will help to score satisfaction marks in the examination. While appearing exams paper write answer of that question which you know and after that write that confusing question this will help you to complete paper on time.
Below is provided the syllabus of Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Ability:
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Quantitative Ability|
|· Case lets and Tables|
· Bar Graphs and Column Graphs
· Venn Diagrams
· Line Charts & Pie Chart
· Combination of two or more types linked to each other
· Number and Letter Series
· Calendars, Cubes, and Clocks
· Binary Logic
· Seating Arrangement
· Logical Sequence
· Blood Relations
|· Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based)|
· Grammar or English Usage
· Correction in Sentence
· Fill in the blanks
· Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage
· Analogies and Reverse Analogies
· Meaning/Usage Match
· Verbal Reasoning
· Summary Questions
· Reading Comprehension
· Facts Inferences Judgements
· Number Systems
· LCM & HCF
· Profit, Loss & Discount
· Speed, Time & Distance
· Time & Work
· Simple & Compound Interest
· Ratio & Proportion
· Quadratic & Linear Equations
· Complex Numbers
· Binomial Theorem
· Sequences & Series
· Surds & Indices
· Probability, Permutation, and Combination
· Set Theory
· Functions & Geometry
· Mixtures &Alligations
· Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration
Detail is given related to syllabus:
- There is not any such fixed syllabus for CAT examination.
- Candidates may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- The syllabus comprises of four sections, i.e. Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning.
- Questions will be asked from the above-mentioned topics.
- To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole syllabus for exam preparations.
How to Prepare for CAT
- Correct strategy & time schedule is the key to crack any exam.
- Prepare a proper timetable according to your daily schedule and manage your time equally for all the subjects.
- Gather all the details about the syllabus and cover every single topic in your preparation.
- Find out the best books and study materials for preparations.
- Practice from previous year question papers it will help you to know more about the exam pattern.
- Take the healthy & nutritious diet and do exercise & yoga it will help you to remain physically fit.