Latest Applications Open 2023:
CAT 2022 Selection Process has been started through IIM Programmes Selection. The result/Score Card has been released on 21st December 2022. The CAT is an entrance exam that is held annually every year by the official authorities. The CAT entrance exam will be held as a national-level entrance exam. The official representative who will be responsible for organizing the CAT 2022 entrance exam will be the IIMs. The IIMs are also known as the Indian Institutes of Management. Applicants who want to get admission to different courses in the field of Management can apply for the CAT 2022 Entrance Exam.
The CAT is also fully known as the Common Admission Test. The Common Admission Test is an MBA entrance exam that is held to provide admission to deserving applicants into the top Business Schools located across the country like the IIMs. The official authorities will also provide admission to eligible applicants in Management Schools at different IITs, FMS, NITIE, MDI, SP Jain, and many others based on the performance of the applicants in the CAT 2022 entrance exam.
The applicants will be able to get the information about the CAT 2022 Entrance Exam in the below-given article as it includes all the important details about the important events and tentative dates, application form and application fee, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, exam syllabus, preparation tips, admit card, results, answer key, counseling session, merit list and much more information about the entrance exam.
CAT 2022 Notification – Selection Process Started
CAT 2022 Quick Links
|Notification (Released)||Information Bulletin|
|Important Dates (Announced)||Click Here|
|Application/Registration Form (Started)||Click Here|
|Candidate Login||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|How to Fill Application Form||Click Here|
|Exam Center||Click Here|
|Admit Card (Available)||Click Here|
|Answer Key (Released)||Click Here|
|Result (Declared)||Click Here|
|Score Card||Click Here|
|Cut Off||Click Here|
|Selection Procedure||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Preparation Tips||Click Here|
|Participating Institute||Click Here|
|IIM Selection Criteria (Started)||Click Here|
|CAT Percentile||Click Here|
CAT 2022 Highlights
|Exam Full Form||Common Admission Test|
|Exam Types||PG Level|
|Exam Courses||MBA/ PGDM Courses Management|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management Ahemdabad|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Exam Date||27th November 2022|
|Exam Duration||03 Hours|
|Official Website||www.him cat.ac.in|
A list of the courses offered by the official authorities with the help of the CAT 2022 entrance exam is mentioned below.
- PGP – ABM
- PGP – Mumbai
- PGP – UAE
CAT 2022 Important events and dates
The applicants will be able to get information about the CAT 2022 Important events and dates from the below-mentioned table.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
|Issue of notification||31st July 2022|
|Registration begins||3rd August 2022|
|Last date for registration||21st September 2022|
|Application correction window||23rd – 26th September 2022|
|Mock test available||3rd week of October 2022|
|Admit card release||27th October 2022|
|Exam Dates||27th November 2022|
|Answer key release||December 2022|
|Declaration of result||21st December 2022|
CAT 2022 Application Form
The basic information about the process of filling out the CAT 2022 Application Form is as mentioned below in this section for the reference of the applicants.
- The applicants who want to apply for the CAT entrance exam will have to first fill out and submit the CAT 2022 Application Form.
- For the reference of such applicants, the official authorities will release the CAT 2022 Application Form in August 2022.
- The applicants will have to apply for the CAT entrance exam through online mode.
- As the official authorities have not decided on any other mode for the applicants to apply for the CAT entrance exam other than online mode.
- The applicants will have to visit the official website that is his cat.ac.in and check the prospectus that is the information brochure along with the eligibility criteria and meet them.
- Then the applicants can fill out the CAT 2022 Application Form on the official website itself.
- At the time of filling the CAT 2022 Application Form, the applicants will be able to select their own choice of cities for appearing in the CAT Entrance exam.
- The applicants will have to use their academic documents to fill in the details in the CAT 2022 Application Form.
- All the details in the CAT 2022 Application Form should be filled in properly as it will be verified by the official authorities later.
- The applicants who are done with the part of filling out the CAT 2022 Application Form can upload the necessary documents and their scanned images on the official website.
- After that, the applicants must make the payment of the CAT 2022 Application Fee and submit the duly filled CAT 2022 Application Form on the official website.
CAT 2022 Application fee
The applicants who want to get information about the mode of payment of the CAT 2022 Application fee and its amount category-wise can refer to the information that we have mentioned below in this section about the CAT 2022 Application fee for the entrance exam
|Description/category of the applicants||Amount|
|Application fee for the General and OBC category applicants||Rs 2300/ –|
|Application fee for SC / ST / PWD category applicants||Rs 1150/ –|
- The only mode to make the payment of the CAT 2022 Application fee is online mode.
- Other than the online mode, the applicants will not be able to make the payment of the CAT 2022 Application fee.
- The applicants will be able to make the payment of the CAT 2022 Application fee through debit card, credit card, or net banking facilities.
CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants who want to apply for the entrance exam can go through the details we have mentioned below in this section about the CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria for the entrance exam and meet them before applying for the CAT Entrance Exam.
- Nationality: Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the entrance exam
- Age limit: The applicants must be above the age of 20 years at the time of the entrance exam.
- Educational Qualification: Those applicants who have completed their Graduation course or any equivalent in a relevant field are eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
- Minimum Marks: Minimum 50 % marks should have been secured by the applicants who belong to the General category and that of the Reserved category should have scored at least 45 % marks or more marks in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing Applicants: Appearing applicants are also eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The applicant will be able to get the information about the CAT 2022 Exam Pattern from the below-mentioned section.
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Online Test will be organized by the official authorities.
- Duration of Exam: Each applicant will be getting a three-hour duration that is 180 minutes to solve the entrance exam (each section will get 60 minutes)
- Language of Exam: The question paper will be prepared in the English language only.
- Total Number of Questions: 100 questions in total will be asked in the entrance exam.
- Total Marks: The question paper will contain 300 marks in total
- Type of Questions: Objective type Multiple choice questions, as well as Subjective type questions, will be asked in the entrance exam.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks for each correct answer given by the applicant in the entrance exam.
- Negative Marking: Each wrong answer given by the applicant in the entrance exam will deduct one mark for MCQs.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34 questions||102 marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34 questions||102 marks|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32 questions||96 marks|
|Total||100 questions||300 marks|
CAT 2022 Exam Syllabus
In this section, the applicants will get the complete details about the CAT 2022 Exam Syllabus for better preparation for the entrance exam.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Reading Comprehension
- English Usage
- Verbal Reasoning
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Correction
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI and LR)
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Combination of Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Graph
- Pie charts
- Logical Reasoning
- Binary Logic
- Matching Puzzles
- Blood Relations
- Family Tree
- Seating Arrangements
- Venn Diagram
- Clocks and Calendars
Mathematics or Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Number Systems
- Higher Maths
- Modern Mathematics
CAT 2022 Preparation Tips
Below mentioned are some of the details about the CAT 2022 Preparation Tips that can help the applicants in preparing well for the entrance exam.
- The applicants should visit the official website and collect all the details about the exam paper pattern and syllabus.
- The applicants must study daily and prepare a proper time table.
- The applicants who have time management skills will be able to manage their time very well.
- The applicants must prepare some short notes of hard concepts.
- The applicants must revise every week.
- The applicants should also solve many mock tests and past question papers.
CAT 2022 Admit Card
The applicants will get the information about the CAT 2022 Admit Card in the below-mentioned section. The CAT 2022 Admit Card is the most important document which an applicant should bring with him on the examination day. The applicants can check the CAT 2022 Admit Card on the official website. The applicants must download the CAT 2022 Admit Card for future use in the admission process.
The applicants should download the CAT 2022 Admit Card before the date of the entrance exam. The CAT 2022 Admit Card will be put up on the official website a week before the date of the entrance exam. The CAT 2022 Admit Card contains details of the applicants and some other details related to the exam such as the name of the applicant, roll number, photograph, signature, venue of the exam center, date, and time of the exam, etc.
The applicants must carry the CAT 2022 Admit Card along with them on the examination day as it is mandatory. The applicants who will forget to present the CAT 2022 Admit Card at the entrance examination center will not be able to appear for the entrance exam. The applicants must keep some print outs of the CAT 2022 Admit Card for future use in the admission process
CAT 2022 Answer Key
The applicants who have appeared for the entrance exam can refer to the information that we have provided in the below-mentioned section about the CAT 2022 Answer Key. The Official authorities will be preparing the CAT 2022 Answer Key after the completion of the entrance exam.
For the reference of the entrance exam, the official authorities will upload the CAT 2022 Answer Key in online mode on many different newspapers. The applicants can visit the official website to get the CAT 2022 Answer Key. The official authorities will be releasing two CAT 2022 Answer Key which will be known as the provisional CAT 2022 Answer Key and the final CAT 2022 Answer Key.
The applicants can check the provisional CAT 2022 Answer Key on the official website of the university and if the applicants will find any errors in the CAT 2022 Answer Key then they can file an objection towards the same. And after that, the official authorities will make changes in the CAT 2022 Answer Key and upload a final CAT 2022 Answer Key.
CAT 2022 Results
The CAT 2022 Results of CAT will be officially announced in December. The applicants can download the CAT 2022 Results from the official website in online mode. The applicants who want to collect important information about the CAT 2022 Results can go through the details that we have listed below in this section.
The applicants are advised to use the official portal of the university for checking the CAT 2022 Results of the CAT entrance examination. To check the CAT 2022 Results in online mode the applicants will have to first login to the official website by entering their user id and passcode. The applicants can now check the CAT 2022 Results by entering their name and roll no. in the given sections.
The applicants must take a photocopy of the CAT 2022 Results/ scorecard and keep it secure for any future use. The CAT 2022 Results of CAT will be easily accessible to the students to download from the official portal. The CAT 2022 Results will be published on the official website by the official representatives.
CAT 2022 Merit List
For the reference of the deserving applicants, in the below-given section, we have listed all the important information about the CAT 2022 Merit List for the admission process. The applicants will have to visit the official website of CAT to find the CAT 2022 Merit List. The applicant will have to register themselves on the official website.
Those applicants who are already registered will have to enter the user id and a password on the official website to see the CAT 2022 Merit List. The CAT 2022 Merit List will be available in online mode only by the official authorities. The CAT 2022 Merit List will be prepared by the official authorities of the institution itself.
The CAT 2022 Merit List will be the main document on which the official authorities will provide admission. The CAT 2022 Merit List will contain the names of the nominated applicants who have higher ranks and have good performance in the entrance exam.
CAT 2022 Reservation Criteria
The applicants will get the information about the CAT 2022 Reservation Criteria from the below-mentioned table
|Description of the applicants||Reservation seats|
|Reserved seats for the SC category applicants||15 % of seats|
|Reserved seats for the ST category applicants||7.5 % seats|
|Reserved seats for the OBC category applicants||27 % of seats|
|Reserved seats for the PWD category applicants||3 % of seats|
CAT 2022 Counselling Session
The official authority of the CAT will be in charge of conducting the CAT 2022 Counselling Session on the preferred date and time. The applicants whose names are shortlisted in the CAT 2022 Merit List will have to compulsorily attend the CAT 2022 Counselling Session.
The applicants should take the CAT 2022 Counselling Session seriously as in this process the applicants will be getting admission to their desired college. The day, date, and time of the CAT 2022 Counselling Session will be updated for the reference of the applicants before the CAT 2022 Counselling Session itself on the official website.
The applicants will have to show their documents as they will be verified by the official authorities in the CAT 2022 Counselling Session. As soon as the document verification is completed the applicants will be allotted a seat in the college. The applicant will have to report to the allotted college on the given date and time and complete further admission formalities.
Below mentioned is the list of the documents required for the verification.
|SSC Mark Sheet||Transfer Certificate|
|SSC Passing Certificate||Category Certificate|
|HSC Mark Sheet||Admit card Certificate|
|HSC Passing Certificate||Character Certificate|
|Domicile certificate||Entrance Exam Scorecard|
|Medical fitness certificate||Migration Certificate|
|Graduation degree mark sheet||Graduation degree passing certificate|
If you have any other queries about CAT 2022, you can leave your question below in the comment box.