Current Affairs 12 December 2015 Latest Updates
Current Affairs 12 December 2015 Latest Updates
US Department of the Treasury: Islamic State Group Selling Oil to Turkey and Syria, Official Says
Islamic State group militants make about $40 million a month from selling oil and use the money to fund terrorism abroad, U.S. Treasury Department official Adam Szubin said3
Moammar Gadhafi: Late Libyan Leader’s Son Freed After Kidnapping by Armed Group in Lebanon
Gadhafi was kidnapped by militants who were demanding information on Shiite cleric Moussa al-Sadr, who went missing in Libya decades ago, officials said.
Turkey: Istanbul Refuses to Withdraw Forces From Northern Iraq, Baghdad to Lodge Complaint at UN
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said troops were deployed near Mosul, occupied by the Islamic State group, to train Iraqi forces in a bid to retake the city. Baghdad denied agreeing to the mission.
Hualianceratops: Scientists Discover Fossils of Dinosaur Related to Triceratops in China
The discovery, which was made in China’s Gobi Desert, was announced Wednesday. The hualianceratops dates back to the Jurassic period, about 160 million years ago, scientists said.
Vladimir Putin: Russian President Orders Military to ‘Immediately Destroy’ Threatening Targets in Syria
“Any targets threatening the Russian groups of forces or our land infrastructure should be immediately destroyed,” Putin told military commanders Friday in Moscow.
Delhi Dynamos: Indian Super League Team Defeats FC Goa, 1-0, in 1st Leg of Semifinal in New Delhi
Dynamos forward Robin Singh scored the only goal of the match in the 42nd minute. The teams face off again on Tuesday at Fatorda Stadium in Margao, Goa.
Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System: Scientists Discuss India’s 7-Satellite Navigation System
The Indian Space Research Organization expects the system to be operational by July 2016, to send signals worldwide and to be accurate to nearly 20 meters. Four satellites are already in orbit.
Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook CEO Says He Will ‘Fight to Protect’ Muslims’ Rights
“I can only imagine the fear Muslims feel that they will be persecuted for the actions of others,” Zuckerberg wrote on Facebook Wednesday to “add his support” for Muslims.
Yahoo Mail: Email Service Introduces Gmail Support for Web and Mobile Apps
The integration allows users to manage their Gmail account through Yahoo’s mail interface, the company said. The feature is also available for Outlook.com, Hotmail and AOL Mail accounts.
Haryana: Supreme Court Upholds State Law Requiring Educational Criteria to Contest Local Elections
The law sets education level requirements in order for someone to contest panchayat elections. It also allows for disqualification based on unpaid debts and the lack of hygienic facilities at home.
- Congress changes strategy, says House protests not because of National Herald case
- Mumbai top cop is Indian ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- Focus On Bullet Train, Nuclear Deal As PM Modi Meets Japan’s Shinzo Abe
- Cops hunt for ISIS links to Karnataka town
- Legal Format Of Arbitration Must Change: Chief Justice Of India
- RSS gets its man as Bengal BJP chief
- 12 students of Osmania University held for ‘organising beef festival’
- Parrikar gets tour of USS Eisenhower as US-India float ambitious agenda
- PoochO app comes calling
- Notice to Centre on release of juvenile in gang rape case
- Ex-RJD MP Shahabuddin gets life for murders of two men by acid
- OROP: Ex-servicemen protest atop water tank
- Chandigarh elderly couple’s assault caught on cam, 24-yr-old arrested
- CPCB asked to submit report on pollution levels in Lucknow
- Kabul: Taliban siege near Spanish embassy ends, all attackers killed
- Paris climate deal: Final draft ready; India takes tough stand
- Son of late Libyan head Gadhafi briefly kidnapped in Lebanon
- Iraq asks UN council to demand Turkey troops withdraw immediately
- Putin vows tough military action in Syria
- New Zealand picks challenger for national flag
- Triple truck bombs kill at least 50 in Syria, ISIS claims responsibility
- Conservative critics seek details about Canada’s refugee airlift
- Gambia president declares formerly secular country an Islamic republic
- Uber Offers Free Lifts to Women Voting for First Time in a Saudi Arabian Election
- Syria’s Assad says he will not negotiate with armed groups
- Afghan spy chief row highlights Kabul’s conundrum over Pakistan | Reuters
- Paris attacker was French army reject | Reuters
- Groundbreaking for TAPI project tomorrow
- At 9.8% growth, IIP turns a rocket in October
- Compat’s ruling on CCI only cements dispute contours
- SC agrees to hear FSSAI plea on Maggi controversy
- Government plans to reduce average time for registering a company to 1-2 days
- Rajan expects US Fed to hike rates by 25 bps next week
- Auto sales growth slows down in November
- India imposes anti-dumping duty on steel products
- Delhi can pay fixed cost and shut down power units, says Piyush Goyal
- Don’t apply new law to ongoing projects: Realtors
- SRA on defence land
- Coca-Cola warns of factory closures over GST plan
- FDI Proposals Worth Rs. 5240 Crore Cleared by Investment Board
- Tourist arrivals dip, forex earning hit
- ‘Floods to Have Material Impact on Q3 Revenue’
- Congress questions airport pacts with Changi
- After Alkem and Dr Lal IPOs, Narayana Hrudayalaya set to hit market next week
- Coming soon – Android N with multi-window function
- Windows 10’s Cortana comes to iOS, Android
- Trai clarification on consultation paper
- Waiting for Low-Cost Windows 10 Phones? Keep Waiting, Says Microsoft Executive
- HTC Desire 828 Dual SIM Launched in India at a Price of Rs. 19990
- New 4G handset from Micromax
- Audi November sales growth lags BMW, Mercedes-Benz