DU LLB Entrance Exam 2018: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
DU LLB is an abbreviation for Delhi University Law Entrance Exam and the Delhi University conducts DU LLB. It is organized for admission in undergraduate law courses in the state law colleges of Banaras. The DU LLB will be conducted in the second week of June 2018.
The admission to law colleges of Delhi can be taken by qualifying DU LLB. There are various law colleges in the state offering 230 LLB seats for the post graduates of DU LLB. The entrance exam that is DU LLB will be conducted in offline mode. The Instructions, Rules, and regulations are decided by the Delhi University and in compliance with all the rules and regulations of DU authorities and the relevant Government orders in place.
There are certain criteria that the candidate needs to satisfy even after passing the examination DU LLB. These are Eligibility Criteria and set as per the rules of government in DU LLB and is the way to admission in LLB courses of the state.
DU LLB Admission conducts entrance based admission to LLB courses. The admissions to post graduate law colleges in Delhi was taken on the basis of DU LLB earlier.
A Brief Introduction to DU LLB
Important features of DU LLB Entrance Exam 2018 –
DU LLB: Brief about the exam
Exam name – Delhi University LLB Entrance Examination
Abbreviated name – DU LLB
Exam type – Undergraduate
Exam level – National
Exam mode – Offline
Conducting authority – Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
Total number of seats offered – 2,310
Number of applicants – 25,000 (approximately)
Number of test-takers – 18,695
The University of Delhi for DU LLB can check complete details about the exam including eligibility criteria, application procedure, exam centers, syllabus, important dates, etc. in this article below.
DU LLB Important Dates
DU LLB dates are the dates provided for the important events happening in the DU LLB. The dates provided here are tentative and will give the reader a brief idea about when the event is going to happen (like month or week).
DU LLB 2018 events
|Exam notification||May second week 2018|
|Online application form begins||June second week 2018 (Earlier June first week 2018) (Earlier May last week 2018)|
|Application form ends||June third week 2018 (Earlier June second week 2018) (Earlier June third week 2018)|
|Issue of admit card||June last week 2018|
|Conduct of offline DU LLB entrance examination||July first week 2018 (4:00 – 6:00 pm)|
|Declaration of result and score card||July Mid 2018|
|Publication of merit list||July Mid 2018|
|Counselling and seat allotment begins||The First week of July 2018|
|Counselling and seat allotment ends||Last week of September 2018|
NOTE: All the applicants should note that above-provided dates are tentative and all the applicants are requested to check the dates on the official website of the DU LLB. Since all the dates are updated by the DU LLB authorities and in case the update is not reflected on our website we request applicants to check the official website of DU LLB.
DU LLB Admit Card
The admit card for DU LLB is provided online to the candidates appearing for the DU LLB. The admit card is accessed by the candidates on the DU LLB portal. The admit card for UG was issued via online mode from the third week of May 2018. The admit card for DU LLB is issued by Delhi University.
The candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the DU LLB. The admit card will not be sent via post to any of the appearing candidates. The admit card of DU LLB will contain following details like candidates name, date of birth, photo, signature, exam center and roll number. This information of the candidate will be based on the applicant’s DU LLB application form.
Steps to download or get admit card for DU LLB
- Click on official link of DU LLB 2018 admit card
- Login with registration id for DU Law entrance exam 2018
- Click on blinking link of ‘Admit Card’
- Click on ‘Download’ and save admit card of DU LLB 2018
- Candidates need to get a print copy of DU LLB admit card 2018
The candidates are advised to take print out of the admit card and take this admit card with themselves on the exam center. The candidates are advised to take print out of the admit card and take this admit card with themselves on the exam center.The applicant can download the DU LLB admit card by entering their application/registration number and their date of birth. Keep the admit card safely with them. None of the candidates are allowed to enter the examination hall without admit card. Also, all the candidates are informed to take their original as well as the photocopy of their ID proof along with admit card.
DU LLB Application forms
DU LLB application form is available in online mode. The University appoints authorities to conduct the centralized online counseling for the academic session of DU LLB 2018-19. All the applicants are required to fill the form in order to appear for DU LLB courses. DU LLB exam or application form is released by the Delhi University.
The admission form or application form for DU LLB. The application fees can be paid by the candidate via online mode. Here are few points about DU LLB application form:
- Click on official link provided for DU LLB 2018 Application form
- Candidates need to register for DU law entrance exam 2018 using a valid e-mail id and mobile number
- A registration/ application id will be sent on the registered email id of candidates
- Login with registration id and fill in the application form of DU LLB Law 2018 by entering details like academic qualification, personal information as well as test center choice as well as exam appearing for
- Candidates also need to upload scanned copies of Photograph and Signature as required
- Candidates can remit the application fee of DU LLB 2018 either in online mode or offline mode
- The application form of DU LLB 2018 need to submit in online mode only
The candidates filling the application form should make sure that they are filling the correct information otherwise they will not be allowed to sit for the examination. There are certain documents that are required during DU LLB application form filling. This application form filling includes documents such as scanned copies of their signature and passport size photograph.
The application form of DU LLB will demand information like gender, mobile number, parents’ names, gender, mobile number, community, category, and caste details as well as the choice of exam center and the digital versions of candidate’s photograph and signature.
DU LLB Application fees
Once the candidate is done with filling the form online the next step is to pay the application fees. To complete their DU LLB Counselling registration, candidates need to sign the counseling register and pay a non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 500. Different categories have fees for the application form of DU LLB.
DU LLB Application Fee
|S.No.||Category||DU LLB 2018 Application Fee (in INR)|
The payment mode is only online and Online payment can be done through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. The fees is non-refundable.
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria
There are certain rules or conditions set by the official authority of the DU LLB authorities which an applicant needs to satisfy to appear for the DU LLB. The applicants can look for all the eligibility criteria one needs to satisfy and should contain all the documents proving that applicants satisfying those criteria.
Here are some of the criteria which an applicant should satisfy:
According to the eligibility criteria for DU LLB entrance, candidates should be a graduate from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent to and by the Delhi University.
Candidates should also meet the minimum score required in the qualifying graduation degree examination. The minimum qualifying marks in degree examination for different categories is given below–
- General – As per DU LLB 2017 eligibility criteria, the candidates belonging to General category need to secure a minimum of 50 per cent marks in the qualifying degree-level examination.
- OBC – Those applying for DU LLB 2017 under OBC category need to have scored a minimum of 45 per cent marks in the degree level examination.
- SC – The candidates from SC category need to have scored at least 40 per cent marks in the qualifying examination.
- ST – The ST category candidates also need to have obtained a minimum of 40 per cent marks in the qualifying examination.
- PwD – The PwD category candidates should have obtained 45 per cent and more marks in the degree-level examination to be considered eligible for DU LLB entrance exam.
- CW – The candidates applying for Delhi University LLB exam under CW category should also obtain 45 per cent and more marks in the degree-level examination, as per DU LLB 2017 eligibility criteria.
Other conditions for being eligible
Candidates can also apply for Delhi University LLB entrance exam if they meet the following eligibility conditions–
- The candidates appearing in the final year degree examination (university examination) of 10+2+3 year pattern can also fill the Delhi University law application form and will be considered eligible for DU LLB 2018, however, their admissions will be subjected to the fulfillment of minimum marks and age required for DU LLB admissions.
- If any candidate holds a postgraduate degree or is appearing in the final year postgraduate degree examination can also apply for DU LLB 2018 entrance examination. In such cases, the postgraduate degree holder/ the final year postgraduate degree examinee should have scored the minimum percentage of marks as given in the table below.
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2018: Category-wise minimum required marks
Minimum passing percentage required
|1.||General||50 per cent|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||45 per cent|
|3.||Scheduled Caste (SC)||40 per cent|
|4.||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40 per cent|
|5.||Persons with Disability (PwD)||45 per cent|
|6.||Children/ wives of Army Personnel (CW)||45 per cent|
Reservation for DU LLB
The reservation for the candidates who are from different categories has different rules set by DU LLB. The rules and regulations are defined by the DU LLB. All the candidates must strictly follow the rules defined by the DU LLB for UG courses.
Percentage of Reserved Seats
|1.||OBC||27 per cent of total seats|
|2.||SC||15 per cent of total seats|
|3.||ST||7.5 per cent of total seats|
NOTE: The candidate should note that the in-case of any discrepancy the candidate’s admission will be canceled and the seat will not be given to the candidate instead will be allotted to any other candidate.
DU LLB Result
DU LLB Result 2018 for LLB courses. The result will be announced online on the official portal of DU LLB by Delhi University (DU). The result is declared in the third week of July 2018. The result will consist of the merit list on the basis of marks of the candidates. The candidates will be called on the basis of merit list for the counseling. The DU LLB authority releases result for different courses provided by the university. The Result of DU LLB has been announced by Delhi University (DU).
The correct number of questions answered by the candidate will decide the result. There will be a total of 120 questions and candidate will be able to tick maximum correct out of it. Applicants should download the result and should preserve the score till the admission procedure is complete for further use in DU LLB.
DU LLB Counselling
The applicants scored marks, which are above the cutoff, are eligible for the admission procedure in the DU LLB and after that counseling procedure starts. The list will be released for the candidates who get selected for the admission procedure. The counseling for various courses will be held in the month of July 2018. The counseling will be conducted via offline mode. The counseling for DU LLB is conducted by Delhi University.
All the candidates will be assigned a center for the counseling process and candidates have to report to their respective center and on the given date by the authorities of DU LLB. Candidates will also have to present a list of official documents for verification and xerox copies of the same for submission. Candidates should ensure they submit only the correct information at the time of DU LLB Counselling process as it will be used for their seat verification.
The counseling is done on the basis of rank provided to the candidate. The counseling will be on the basis of the candidate’s rank. When the candidates are called for the counseling procedure the candidates have to take original documents with them. The documents will go through the verification process by the authorities. There will be 2310 seats available for the LLB counseling to be filled by the candidates by clearing DU LLB entrance examination.
After the successful tests and verification, the candidate can appear for the admission in the DU LLB. It is important for the candidate to be present physically for the counseling and if the candidates fail to be present on the day of the counseling than the candidate’s seat will be canceled. Nowadays as provided by the online option the candidate can choose and fill their preferences of colleges and courses online in the official website of DU LLB.
The seats are allotted purely on the basis of marks secured in the entrance exam and merit list prepared on that marks. The DU LLB counseling will be done in offline mode only.
List of Documents Required at the Time of Admission
Candidates will be required to produce the following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission.
- DU LLB 2018 Rank Card
- DU LLB 2018 Hall Ticket
- SSC/Intermediate/Equivalent Memorandum of Marks
- Qualifying Examination Memorandum of Marks
- Qualifying Examination Provisional/Degree Certificate
- Study/Residence Certificate – To prove status as local candidate for previous 7 years of study in Banaras or Non-Local Certificate
- SC/ST/OBC/Caste or community certificate if applicable
- Transfer Certificate
- Income Certificate or White Household Card
DU LLB Exam Pattern
Different academic courses have different exam pattern offered by the Institute. The undergraduate entrance exam will be based on OMR examination. The exam will be offline that is it will be a pen paper based examination. The duration for the examination of DU LLB will be for 120 minutes. There will be the total of 175 questions which will be multiple choice questions (objective based). The LLM Examination will be standard for the entrance examination. The candidate will be awarded 1 marks for the correct answer and there will be NO negative marking.
- Language: The exam was conducted in English medium.
- No. of Questions: The question paper contained 150 multiple choice questions.
- Mode of Exam: The exam was organized through online mode that is it will be the computer based exam.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect response negative marking will be applied in this exam.
|Features of DU LLB 2018 Paper Pattern||Details|
|Exam Mode||Offline mode|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Objective questions|
|Number of Questions||150 questions|
|Total Marks||450 marks|
DU LLB Exam Center
DU LLB 2017 exam cities
|3.||Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir|
DU LLB Syllabus
The official website will consist of the detailed syllabus for DU LLB. The University will release notification for candidates appearing for the LLB courses that are the official syllabus. The Institute will release the updated syllabus as soon as released by the officials.
- General Awareness and Current Affairs – To prepare for this section, the candidates are required to be familiar with the latest happening in the national and international levels. Also, they are required to have a good grip over general knowledge. In the general awareness section, the candidates can go through the static topics. For this section, the candidates are advised to go through books on General Knowledge and Current Affairs. The candidates can also read the newspaper and news magazines to brush up with the current affairs.
- Common Legal Knowledge – The questions in this section will be based on the various topics of law. For this section, the candidates are required go through the basic law topics and sub-topics. The questions in this section will have passages on legal propositions and sets of facts.
- Aptitude & Mental Ability – This section will comprise of questions on basic Mathematics and the candidates are also required to be comfortable with mental Math. The candidate’s ability to solve Mathematical problems within a limited time period. Regular practice of solving Mathematical problems will help the candidates to prepare for this section.