What is the Eligibility Criteria and Qualification for NDA Examinations
NDA stands for (National Defense Academy ), UPSC stands for (Union Public Service Commission ), NDA exam conducted by UPSC. And UPSC conducted the examination two times in the year. For NDA exam candidate need fill the online application form. NDA is a Premier Joint Training Institution and Center for Indian Army Force (Indian Army, Indian Air, and Indian Navy). The NDA is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra, Pincode – 411023.The online application is in two parts. Part I of form application is for your personal details and part II of form application is for your payment info.
The candidate should carefully choose the centre for the examination in online application form, and the applicant is advised to submit the only single application form. And there will be informed of the time table and examination place. In written examination and marking the answer, the candidates must use only black ball pen. Don’t use with any other colour pen. And the candidate should now that there will be a negative marking in NDA examination. After completing the written exam, there will be going for an interview which is taken by SSB ( Services Selection Board ).
- A candidate must either be:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour the Government of India has issued a certificate of eligibility.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
Only unmarried Male candidates not born before 2nd July 1998 and not later than 1st Jan 2002 are eligible.
The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificates. These documents are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
Candidates should note that the Commission will accept only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Candidates should also note that once they have claimed a date of birth and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at any subsequent examination on any ground what so ever.
- Age will be required for only unmarried Male candidates not born after 2nd January 1991 and not later than 1st Jan 1996 are eligible.
- Only unmarried candidates can apply for the test.
- No candidates allow to married in during training period
- Age will be required for only unmarried Female candidates should be born on after 2nd January 1990 and not later than 1st January 1996 are eligible.
- Only unmarried candidates can apply for the test.
- No candidates allow to married in during training period.
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:-
- The Candidates applying for Army Wing of National Defence Academy admission should be the 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Indian Air Forces and Indian Navy Wing of National Defence Academy:-
- The candidates applying for Indian Air Forces and Indian Navy Wing of National Defence Academy s admission must have 12th Class pass with Physics and Mathematics from a recognised board or university.
Candidates Appearing for 12th:-
- Candidates who are appearing 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for the examination.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any Commission in the Defence Services shall not qualify for admission to the examination, and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Mysore /State Bank of Travancore / State Bank of Patiala or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
OBC candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
The sons of serving/ex-Junior Commissioned Officers/Non-Commissioned Officers/Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian Navy/Indian Air Force are also not required to pay the prescribed fee if they are studying in Military School (formerly known as King George’s School)/Sainik School run by Sainik Schools Society.