I – Zoroastrianism , It is one of the world’s oldest monotheistic religions. It is a religion based on the teachings of the Prophet Zoroaster. Zoroaster believes that there is one god called “ Athura Mazda “ and he created the world. He is compassionate , just and it’s the creator of the Universe.
Athura Mazda is
- Omniscient ( Knows everything )
- Omnipotent ( all powerful)
- Omnipresent ( is everywhere)
- Impossible for humans to conceive.
- The creator of life.
- The source of all goodness and happiness.
Zoroastrians believe that everything he created is pure and should be treated with love and respect.
This supreme God is worshipped and his Prophet is Zoroaster who is followed as his directed path of truth and righteousness will lead men and Women to God.
Basic Moral principles
The basic moral principles that guide the life of a Zoroastrian are three
- Good thoughts.
- Good words.
- Good deeds.
II- Sikhism was founded in the 16th century. It is fifth largest religion in the world. It was founded by Guru Nanak and is based on his teachings. He teachings have been embodied in the Holy Book “ guru Granth sahib” it is a monotheistic religion. It stresses the importance of doing good actions rather than merely following rituals.
The five K’s/ Five articles of faith.
One of the Baisakhi days of 1699 , at Anandpur , Guru Govind Singh Created a new brotherhood of Sikhs called Khalsa. They wear the five K’s
- Kesh ( Uncut Hair)
- Kara ( a steel bracelet)
- Kanga ( a wooden comb )
- Kachera ( a specific style of cotton underwear )
- Kirpan ( steel word )
The 5 K’s are not Just five symbols but they are Articles of Faith that collectively from the external identity and the Khalsa devotee’s commitment to the Sikh way of Life.
Major beliefs of Sikhism
- Belief in only one Almighty God :
Sikhism is monotheistic religion and believes that god is one and sole reality in the cosmos and liberation ( Salvation ) can come through devotion to god alone.
For Hindi Version of IAS Paper Website http://www.ias.net.in/hindi Click here to visit
- All are equal :
Sikhism believes that men and women both have equal status and equal rights.
- All human races are equal :
Sikhism emphasizes on equality of all Humanity regardless of caste , colour class, culture, gender , wealth, and religion .
- Control the five vices :
It is every Sikhs duty to defeat the following 5 vices.
- Anger ( Krodh )
- Greed ( Lobh )
- Attachment ( Moh)
- Ego ( Ahankar )
- Lust ( kama )
- Speak and live truthfully
- Sikhs believe in truthful living which can be created by the purity of mind . they believe that an impure mind leads to vices such as Anger , Greed , Attachment , Ego and Lust and desire.
- Not in believe in superstitions :
Sikhism instructs not to believe in good moments or bad moments , good days or bad days , good numbers or bad numbers . According to Sikhism, all days of the week and all the numbers are the same, no one day or a number is better than the other.
Judaism is one of the oldest monotheistic religions and was founded over 3500 years ago in the middle east . Judaism is the religion , Philosophy and way of life of the Jewish People.
In exchange for all the good that god has done for the Jewish people, Jewish people keep god’s laws and try to bring Holiness into every aspect of their lives. Judaism has a rich history of the religious text, but the central and most important religious documents are the Torah.
- I am the lord your God who brought you out of slavery in Egypt.
- You shall have no other Gods but me.
- You shall not misuse the Nae of the lord your God.
- You Shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
- Honour your father and Mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal .
- You shall not bear false witness.
- You shall not covet.
This is all about the three different religions of the Indian culture.