Under the All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE), a Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is scheduled in the month of January to select the most deserving candidates for Pharmacy Education. All AICTE approved Institutions/University Departments and Constituent Colleges use the GPAT score. Scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy on the basis of the GPAT score.
Candidates willing to pursue M.Pharma programme can check details about GPAT 2018 in this article.
Every year, GPAT is conducted for those students who wish to take admission in postgraduate pharmacy courses (M.Pharma). Through this exam, admission into AICTE approved institutions is provided. In this article, we are providing complete details about GPAT Application Form 2018.
GPAT 2018 Notification – Registration Started
GPAT 2018 Registration has been started from 20th October 2017. Click here for registration details.
GPAT 2018 Exam Date
Check the GPAT Exam Date 2018 including the dates of application, admit card, exam, and result. All the dates given below are officials:
|Online GPAT Registration Start Date||20th October 2017|
|Trial Test Release Date||25th October 2017|
|Last Date for Registration||18th December 2017 (10:00 AM)|
|Date of GPAT 2018 Examination|
|Admit Card Availability||05th January 2018|
|Announcement of the Results of GPAT 2018||14th February 2018|
|Downloading of Score Cards||To be Announced|
NOTE: As the dates mentioned above are tentative, it is the candidate’s duty to check
the official website of GPAT to remain updated.
GPAT Application Form & Registration
- Candidates can register for GPAT 2018 through online mode only by accessing the official website of AICTE-GPAT.
- AICTE will release the GPAT application form 2018 from 21st October 2017.
- The facility for online registration will be available till 15th December 2017.
- The registration process involves 3 steps: self-registration, fee payment and filling of details in application form.
- At the time of registration, candidates also need to upload scanned signature (size should be 60 x 90 (≤30 Kb))and scanned photograph (size should be 140 x 160 (≤60 Kb)).
- Candidates should make sure that all the fields in the application form are filled correctly as no date will be change once the form is finally submitted.
- At last, candidates can print their filled form and retain the copy of same for further references.
Also to be noted by the candidate is that, while uploading the scanned documents, their sizes must be adjusted. For the scanned signature, it has to be ≤30kb and for the scanned photograph, it has to be ≤60kb. Finally, after submitting the form, candidates must take printouts of their form for further use.
GPAT Application Fee
The registration fee is Rs. 1400/- + Bank charges (if applicable) for General/OBC Candidates and is Rs. 700/- for SC/ST/PWD Candidates. The fee can be paid through online mode (credit/debit card/net banking).It can also be paid offline through a challan
that has to be generated from the official portal which can be submitted at any branch of SBI.
|GEN/OBC Candidates||Rs. 1400/- + Bank Charges|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 700/- + Bank Charges|
GPAT Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must be of Indian Nationality. He/She must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 12th standard, including lateral entry applicants).Those who are in their final year of B.Pharma are also eligible to apply for GPAT 2018. There is no age restriction for appearing the examination.
- Nationality: Candidate should be the citizen of India.
- Qualifying Examination: The minimum educational requirement is Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharma) of duration 4 years. Candidates passed/appearing the lateral entry B.Pharma programme is also eligible to apply.
- Appearing Candidates: Those who are in final year of B.Pharma course are eligible for appearing the GPAT 2018.
- No Age Criteria: No age restriction is there for appearing the online examination of GPAT.
GPAT Exam Pattern
Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (CBT).
Type of Questions: Multiple-choice questions only.
Maximum Marks: 125 questions carrying 4 marks each, the total of 500 marks.
Medium: English only.
Exam Duration: 3 hours.
Marking Scheme: A right answer will award you 4 marks.
Negative Marking: A wrong answer will deduct 1 mark. Question not attempted will result in zero marks.
GPAT Admit Card
The GPAT admit card will be available on the official website of GPAT in the 2 nd week of January 2018. The candidates should bring a printout of the admit card on the day of the examination. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of GPAT by using their individual username and password.
The results of the exam will be out by the 2 nd week of February 2018. The result will be available on the official website of GPAT which can be downloaded by the applicants with the help of their respective username and password. The GPAT score is useful in getting admission in Ph.D. degree after completing M.Pharma as this score is considered valid for one year. This is helpful for the applicant as he/she don’t have to appear in the Ph.D. entrance examination conducted by Indian universities.
GPAT Score Card:
- GPAT 2018 Scorecard will be released by AICTE after the declaration of results.
- To download the score card, candidates have to enter details like email address and password.
- Score card is valid only for three year. It will be comprised of the maximum score, score secured, All India Rank, etc.
GPAT Merit List:
- All India merit list will be prepared based on the scores obtained by the candidates in online entrance examination of GPAT.
- The merit list specifies Rank, Candidate Roll number, Total Score, Category and Qualified/Not-Qualified status of all the candidates.
GPAT Counseling is conducted individually by the institutions for the applicants. Allotment of seats will depend upon candidate scores in the entrance exam. On the basis of GPAT scores 2018, applicants are required to take part in the admission procedure of respective institutions.
The Syllabus of GPAT 2018 consists of the following topics – Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy.
The detailed syllabus will be available on the official website of GPAT.
Preparation Tips GPAT 2018
- First, check all the details on the exam model and syllabus.
- Selecting the right book is the most important step for preparing for the exam.
- Practical examples of previous year’s documents / documents.
- The review is three times larger than in the past, but it is also important to ensure that the data is accurate and accurate.
- Take a good sleep and maintain your health.