How to become an IAS officer
The Full form of IAS is Indian administrative services. IAS is one of the top and core service of India and the top rankers who secures best marks are only eligible for IAS.To get into the IAS, you will have to give the “UPSC held Civil Services Examination”. It is a common exam for getting into the IAS, IPS etc.
You can also read IAS Salary and Pay Scale
You can also Read Everything about IAS Exam
IAS is top service among other 24 services which comes under UPSC services like
Buy Complete guide for becoming IAS Officer from Amazon at Discounted rate:
You Must Read:
- The Vision of becoming an IAS
- 4 Best Reasons to become an IAS and Its real Value
- IAS Salary and Free Facilities Provided to them
- IAS Syllabus and Paper Patter
The person who gets job of an IAS work on top position of country like
Head of public sector unit
And other prestigious jobs in the country. Becoming an IAS is not an easy task, but yes, if you have spirit, then it is also not impossible. The job of IAS gives you the chance to make a difference in the livelihood of the Indians and help many Indians which make this prestigious job.
Important Books for IAS Prelims Exam (Click on Books to buy):
- General Studies Manual Paper-1 2016 (Paper-1 Manual)
- General Studies Paper 2 (2016) (Paper-2 Manual)
- 20 Years IAS Prelims (CSAT) General Studies Topic-wise Solved Papers (1995-2014) (20 Years Solved Papers)
- IAS (Pre.) Solved Papers General Studies (Solved Paper)
- General Knowledge 2016: Latest Who’s Who & Current Affairs: Latest Who’s Who and Current Affairs ( 2016 General Knowledge)
- India 2015 (2015 Current Affairs)
- Manorama Yearbook 2015 (Book & CD) (2015 Current Affairs with CD)
- History of Modern India (History)
- The Wonder That Was India (Culture)
- Geography of India (Geography)
- Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure (Environment)
- INDIAN POLITY 4th Edition (Polity)
- Indian Economy 7th Edition (Economy)
- Science & Technology (Technology)
- Analytical Reasoning (CSAT Paper 2 Analytical Reasoning)
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning ( CSAT Paper 2 Verbal Reasoning)
To become an IAS, you have to first give an entrance exam which is popularly known as UPSC civil service exam in short CSE. UPSC exam is divided into three parts i.e
For Hindi Version of IAS Paper Website http://www.ias.net.in/hindi Click here to visit
The people who will clear preliminary exams will be allowed to attend main examinations and then those who will pass mains examination will be allowed to attend interview section. More than 9 lakes candidate appear for the exam of UPSC CSE every Year, but only 1000 will be selected for 24 services of UPSC. The top few hundred candidates are selected as an IAS.
How to clear the civil service examinations?
To clear civil service, examination or an IAS exam candidates are advised that they should have a good strategy from beginning. Many candidates take 10 to 12 months of preparation before examination date, but it is not possible for everyone that is why you should start preparing after you higher secondary education till your graduation gets completed.
There are few small criteria which everyone has to follow, these are
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- You should not be more than 32 years of age in case of open category and 35 if reserved category
- The candidate must be a graduate in any field or stream.
- Starting age of giving an IAS exam is 21.
Important Books for IAS Mains Exam (Click on Books to buy):
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 1 INDIAN HERITAGE & CULTURE HISTORY & GEOGRAPHY OF THE WORLD & SOCIETY (Reference Manual GS-1)
- History of Modern World (History GS-1)
- Social Problems In India (Indian Society GS-1)
- India After Gandhi: The History of the World’s Largest Democracy (World History GS-1)
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 GOVERNANCE CONSTITUTION, POLITY SOCIAL JUSTICE & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (Reference Manual GS-2)
- Governance for Growth in India (Governance GS-2)
- Pax Indica: India and the World of the 21st Century (Foreign Policy GS-2)
- India and the World: Through the Eyes of Indian Diplomats (Foreign Policy GS-2)
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 3 TECHNOLOGY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BIODIVERSITY ENVIRONMENT, SECURITY & DISASTER MANAGEMENT (Reference Manual GS-3)
- India’s National Security: A Reader (Critical Issues in Indian Politics) (National Security GS-3)
- Internal Security & Disaster Management: GS Paper 3 (Internal Security GS-3)
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 4 ETHICS INTEGRITY & APTITUDE (Reference Manual GS-4)
- Contemporary Essays for Civil Services Examination (Essay)
- 151 Essays (Essay)
We have written Full Eligibility Criteria of UPSC Exam Must Read.
Also, Read How to become CBI Officer