The Full form of IAS is Indian administrative services. IAS is one of the top and core service of India and the top rankers who secures best marks are only eligible for IAS.To get into the IAS, you will have to give the “UPSC held Civil Services Examination”. It is a common exam for getting into the IAS, IPS etc.
You can also read IAS Salary and Pay Scale
You can also Read Everything about IAS Exam
IAS is top service among other 24 services which comes under UPSC services like
Buy Complete guide for becoming IAS Officer from Amazon at Discounted rate:
You Must Read:
- The Vision of becoming an IAS
- 4 Best Reasons to become an IAS and Its real Value
- IAS Salary and Free Facilities Provided to them
- IAS Syllabus and Paper Patter
The person who gets job of an IAS work on top position of country like
Head of public sector unit
And other prestigious jobs in the country. Becoming an IAS is not an easy task, but yes, if you have spirit, then it is also not impossible. The job of IAS gives you the chance to make a difference in the livelihood of the Indians and help many Indians which make this prestigious job.
Important Books for IAS Prelims Exam (Click on Books to buy):
- India’s Ancient Past
- History Of Medieval India
- India’s Struggle For Independence
- History Of Modern India
- Indian and World Geography for Civil Services
- Geography of India
- Oxford School Atlas
- Facts of Indian Culture
- The Wonder That Was India
- Indian Polity 5th Edition
- Indian Economy 8th Edition
- Science and Technology in India
- Economic Survey
- Environmental Studies from Crisis to Cure 2nd Edition
- Science and Technology in India
- General Studies: Paper I (2017)
- General Studies: Paper II (2017)
- Analytical Reasoning
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
- India Year Book 2017
- Manorama Yearbook 2017
To become an IAS, you have to first give an entrance exam which is popularly known as UPSC civil service exam in short CSE. UPSC exam is divided into three parts i.e
The people who will clear preliminary exams will be allowed to attend main examinations and then those who will pass mains examination will be allowed to attend interview section. More than 9 lakes candidate appear for the exam of UPSC CSE every Year, but only 1000 will be selected for 24 services of UPSC. The top few hundred candidates are selected as an IAS.
How to clear the civil service examinations?
To clear civil service, examination or an IAS exam candidates are advised that they should have a good strategy from beginning. Many candidates take 10 to 12 months of preparation before examination date, but it is not possible for everyone that is why you should start preparing after you higher secondary education till your graduation gets completed.
There are few small criteria which everyone has to follow, these are
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- You should not be more than 32 years of age in case of open category and 35 if reserved category
- The candidate must be a graduate in any field or stream.
- Starting age of giving an IAS exam is 21.
Important Books for IAS Mains Exam (Click on Books to buy):
- History of Modern World
- Social Problems In India
- India After Gandhi
- India and the World by Surendra Kumar
- Pax Indica – Shashi Tharoor
- Governance in India for CSE
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2
- India’s National Security: A Reader
- Challenges to Internal Security of India
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 3
- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude for Civil Services Mains
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 4
- CIVIL SERVICES INTERVIEW: HOW TO EXCEL
- Kit of Interviews
- Interviews The Last Basic Tips On facing Civil Services Personality Test
- Interview Cracker
- Contemporary Essays by Ramesh Singh
- 151 ESSAYS For UPSC Mains
- A Compendium of Essays
We have written Full Eligibility Criteria of UPSC Exam Must Read.
Also, Read How to become CBI Officer