A career in Indian Air Force As A Pilot Is Very Challenging And A Rewarding One Too. Joining The Indian Air Force Is A Dream Of Lots Of Indian Youth.
Do Want To Join Air Force?? This Article Will Help To You To Know The Procedure Of Joining The IAF (Indian Air Force).
The Three Branches of the Indian Air Force Are
- Ground Duty
- Technical Branch
These Three Branches Are Further Divided Into:
(A)Flying Branch: Fighter Pilots, Transport Pilots, and Helicopter Pilots
Working As Any of These Pilots, Both during Peace and War.
(B) Technical Branch: Mechanical, Electronics
The Electrical Department Consist Of Handling The Proper Function Of All The Electrical Component Of The Aircraft. The Mechanical Department Consist Smoothly Running Functions Of The Engines And Other Mechanical Equipment Of The Aircraft.
(C) Ground Duty Branch: Administration, Accounts, Logistics, Education, Meteorology
It Consist Of Looking After And Maintaining Human & Material Resource/ Managing Funds, Work As Internal Auditors/ Work As Air Traffic Controller Or Fighter Controller.
How to Join Indian Air Force (IAF)
Through NDA NA Examination-Candidates Who Have passed Class 12th Are Eligible To Join IAF Through NDA Na. Only Male Candidates Are Allowed To Appear For NDA
Through CDS Examination– If Candidate Is Graduate Then Can Apply For IAF Through CDSE. Only Male Candidates Are Allowed To Appear For CDSE.CDSE Exam Held Twice A Year By UPSC.
Through (AFCAT) Air Force Common Admission Test– Male And Female Both Can Join AFCAT Only If She/He Is Graduate. This Exam Is Held Twice A Year
National Cadet Corps (NCC) – Only Male Candidates Are Allowed To Appear For NCC
Candidate Should Meet the Eligibility Criteria for Joining the IAF. Different Measures Are Followed With Respect To Age, Educational Qualification And Physical Standards Etc.
Eligibility for Indian Air Force
- Intermediate (12th Pass)
- Post Graduate
Age – Candidate Should Not Be More Than 23 Years of Age At The Start Of His/her Training
Nationality- Candidate Should Be the Citizen Of Indian
Marital Status- candidate should be unmarried
Sex- Male/Female (Depending Upon the Type Of Job)
Physical Fitness Is One Of The Most Important conditions For Joining The Air Force. Irrespective Of The Branch You Are Applying For, You Must Fulfill Some Basic Physical Standards.
General Physical Requirements Common for All Candidates. Following are the standards-
- The Candidate Must Be In Good Physical and Mental Health and Free From Any Disease/Disability
- There Should Be No Disease of Bones And Joints Of The Body
- The Height And Weight Standards For Men And Women Differ.
- Chest Should Be Well Developed Having Minimum 5 Cms Expansion.
- There Should Be No Sign Of Functional Or Organic Disease Of The Heart And Blood Vessel. Blood Pressure Should Be Normal.
- The Muscles Of Abdomen Should Be Well Developed And There Should Be No Enlargement Of Liver Or Spleen (An Abdominal Organ Involved In The Production And Removal Of Blood Cells In Most Vertebrates And Forming Part Of The Immune System.)
- Urine Examination Is Done And Any abnormality of Detected Will Cause For Rejection.
- Any Disease Of The Skin Will Also Cause For Rejection.
If You Are Thinking To Join Indian Air Force (IAF), Then These Are the Qualities That Are Required
- Must Have a Sense of Adventure
- Must Be Willing To Risk Your Life for the Nation
- Must Be Philosophical
- Must Be Hardworking
- Must Be Fond of Travelling
- Must Be Able To Fly For Long Hours
- Must Have a Calm Nature and Should Be Confident
How To Apply: Candidates Can Fill the Online Form at The Official Website i.e Careerairforce.Nic.In
Training: The Air Force Academy Is One Of The Most Prestigious Training Establishments Of The Indian Air Force. They Give the Training For Flying, Technical And Ground Duty Branches As Well As Flying Training To Officers Of The Army And Navy. It Prepares Cadets Both In Mind And Spirit, To Take On The Responsibilities Of An Air Force Officer.