IAS 2017 Exam
Everyone Knows That IAS Is Most Reputed Job In India. It’s Not Easy UPSC to Prepare for It. Candidates Need to Work Really Hard. Every Year Lakhs Of Candidates Apply For It But Only a Few Gets Selected. UPSC Conducts The Exam For Selecting Candidates. Candidates Who Get Passed Are Appointed as IAS Officers. The Competition For The Selection Is Very High And To Qualify It Requires Smart And Hard Work. In This Article, You Will Get To Know About All The Information Related To IAS 2017 Exam. Hope This Might Help You Get The Enough Information Regarding Exam.
UPSC Preliminary Civil Services Examination 2017 Will Held On 07th August 2017 And The Last Date For Receipt Of Application Is May 20th2017.
Candidates Have To Meet Some of the Eligibility Criteria for Getting Selected For IAS Exam
IAS 2017 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Candidate Must Be A Citizen Of India.
- Education Qualification:
- Candidate Must Have Obtain A Degree In Any Discipline From A Recognized University Or Institution.
- Applicants Appearing For Their Final Year Degree Exam Are Also Eligible To Apply For IAS
- Candidates Who Have Passed Final Year Of MBBS Exam But Are Yet To Complete Internship Can Apply For The Prelim Exam.
- Age Limit:
- Minimum Age Is 21 Years and Candidates Will Be Not Allowed, If They Exceed Age Of 32
- Age Relaxation of 3 Years for OBC Candidates and 5 Years for SC/ST Candidates.
How to Apply for IAS 2017 Exam:
- Candidate Can Apply For IAS in Two Ways I.E Either Online or Offline.
- If Candidate Is Interested in Applying Offline Then He Need to Download the Application Form from UPSC Official Website upsconline.nic.in
- IAS Application Form Consists Of Two Stages
- A) Registration Part-I B) Registration Part-II
- After The Submission Of Personal Details Candidate Will Be Asked To Print The SBI Bank receipt
- The Printed Pay Slip Needs To Be Used For Payment Of Application Fee.
- In Offline Mode Of Application, The Filled Application Form Is To Be Sent To The Mentioned Address Before The Last Date For Form Submission.
IAS 2017 Exam Selection Process:
Candidates Are Selected By Following Process-
- Prelims Written
- Mains Written
No. Of Attempts for Candidates for IAS 2017 Exam:
- 6 Attempts For General Category
- 9 Attempts For Obc
- And No Limit For Sc/St Candidates
- General Studies
- CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test)
- Public Administration
IAS 2017 Exam Preliminary Exam:
Basic Info about the Preliminary Exam:
- Marks Of Preliminary Exam Are Not Counted For Final Marks.
- Candidates Should Attempt Two Papers (Paper 1 & Paper 2) Which Are Compulsory.
- Both The Papers Are Of 200 Marks.
- The Questions Will Be Of Multiple Choice.
- The Questions Will Be Objective Type.
- It Is Necessary For Candidate To Score Minimum 33% In Paper 2 If Fails To Score Minimum Marks Then The Candidate Won’t Be Able To Attempt For Its Main
- Both The Paper Will Be Of Two Hours Duration.
- There Is Negative Marking In The Prelims And 1/3rd Of Marks Allotted For Every Question Is Reduced From Your Score If You Get It Wrong.
IAS 2017 Exam Syllabus
Syllabus of Paper I:
- Current Events of National and International Importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India And The World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, Etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, Etc.
- General Issues On Environmental Ecology, Bio-Diversity And Climate Change – That Do Not Require Subject Specialization
- General Science.
Syllabus for Paper II:
- Interpersonal Skills Including Communication Skills;
- Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability
- Decision-Making And Problem solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic Numeracy (Numbers and Their Relations, Orders of Magnitude, Etc.) (Class X Level), Data Interpretation (Charts, Graphs, Tables, Data Sufficiency Etc. – Class X Level)
IAS 2017 Exam Main Exam:
Basic Info about the Main Exam:
- Your Main Exam Will Consist Of 9 Papers.
- You Will Have Two Qualifying Papers Of 300 Marks Each.
- Marks Of Qualifying Paper Will Not Be Considered Or Counted.
- Rest Other 7 Subjects Will Be Of 250 Marks Each.
Paper l. One of the Indian Language to Be Selected By Candidate
- Essay(Choices Will Be Given To Candidates And Are Expected To Write Important Points Close To Topic)
- General Studies 1 (Indian Heritage/Culture, World History & Geography)
- General Studies 2(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice And Internation Relations)
- General Studies3(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-Diversity, Environment, Security & Disaster Management)
- General Studies 4(Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)
- Optional 1 (Of Your Choice)
- Optional 2 (Of Your Choice) Candidate Is Allowed To Take Up Literature As An Optional Subject “Without The Conditionality Of Having To Do His/Her Graduation In That Language’s Literature.
Candidates May Choose Any ONE Optional Subject From Amongst The List Of Subjects Given Below.
- Animal Husbandry And Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce And Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science And International Relations
- Public Administration
- Literature Of Any One Of The Following Languages: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu And English
It Will Be Of 275 Marks this Is Vocal One And Candidates Have Option To Choose Desired Medium Of Communication. Candidate Can Give Interview in the Language Which They May like.UPSC Will Make Arrangement for the Translators.