IIFT 2018 WaitList for MBA (IB) has been released now. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is one of the top 10 business schools in India that offers MBA in International Business (IB).Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) a National Level Examination for which thousands of students appear every year. This is an exam which let the aspirants pursue their MBA (which is an International Business Course).
IIFT is a one of the Leading College for MBA and other management courses. Also, this college conducts its own entrance exam and select aspirants on the basis of that. These exams are conducted in IIFT-New Delhi and IIFT-Kolkata.
MBA (International Business), is a fundamental course for developing an overall area of an aspirant of business executives to full fill the country’s developing requirements which also provides training in personnel in the international management field.
IIFT 2018 Notifications:
IIFT 2018 WaitList for MBA (IB) course has been released now.Check here for the ait list.
IIFT 2018 Online Score Card has been released now on 13th January 2018.Check here for the scorecard.
IIFT 2018 List of Candidates Shortlisted for Second Round (Roll Number Wise) has been announced now.Check here for result details.
IIFT 2018 Tentative Answer Keys along with question paper have been released now. Check Here.
IIFT 2018 Online Registration for Foreign National & NRI Candidates can be done until 15th February 2018.Click here for registration details.
Click here to check IIFT 2018 Information Brochure.
IIFT 2018 Exam Date
Check the official exam schedule of IIFT 2018 from the below table:
|Events||Exam Dates (Announced)|
|Starting of application form||25th July 2017|
|Last date to fill the application form||15th September 2017 (Revised)|
|Last date for request for test center change (center change fee: Rs. 1000)||3rd November 2017|
|Last date to apply online & submit GMAT score for foreign nationals & NRIs||15th February 2018|
|Issue Date of Admit Card||15th November 2017|
|Date of Examination||3rd December 2017 (10 AM to 12 Noon) (Revised)|
|Declaration of Result||6th January 2018|
|Score Card Released||13th January 2018|
|Date of Group Discussion, Interview and Essay Writing||April 2018|
IIFT Score Card
- IIFT 2018 Score Card is available for downloading after few days of the result announcement.
- Publication of scorecard has bee done on 13th January 2018.
- Candidates can download their score card by entering roll number and DOB.
IIFT Application form 2018
IIFT 2018 Online Registration Last Date has been extended until 15th September 2017.Click here for registration details.
IIFT 2018 Exam Date has been revised. The exam will be conducted on 3rd December 2017.
Just the important thing to note before we start with the Application form is the registration, which is mentioned below:
IIFT Registration 2018
The Registration starts generally in the third week of July. Both offline, as well as online form, are available for aspirants who look forward to giving this examination. For the Online mode, the student can go to the official website of the institute and if wishes to fill the offline form then the form is available at the IIFT office in Delhi or Kolkata.
Generally, the application is to be filled till September and the notifications are released in mid-July. Aspirants are requested to check the confirmed date from the official website of the IIFT. The examination is held in the month of November.
All the applicants are requested to go through the complete process and notifications on the official website.
- IIFT registration can be done through online as well as offline mode.
- Candidates can obtain the application forms offline from IIFT counter.
- Forms can also be obtained through post by sending a DD of requisite amount along with the “Request Application”.
- The candidates belonging from SC/ST/PH/OBC(non-creamy layer) category have to send the printout of the online application form along with self-attested Caste certificate.
- Candidates making payment through DD have to mandatorily send the DD along with the printout of filled-in online application form to the IIFT office.
- All the enclosures should be reached by registered post/speed post/courier only to the following address:
Section Officer (GSD),
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B- 21, Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi- 110016.
Ph. 011-2685 7908
Two Modes are available for fee payment:
- Online Mode – Credit/Debit Card (VISA/Master)
- Offline Mode – Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, payable at New Delhi.
Procedure to fill the form online
- Candidates must have a scanned copy of their photograph in.JPG format and the size of the photo should be less than 50 KB.
- It is important for applicants to have a copy of their scanned clear signature. It must be done on a white background and the size of the file should be less than 50 KB.
- To pay online, a valid Credit / Debit card (Master/ VISA).
- To pay via Demand Draft, keep the requisite amount of DD ready with you.
Procedures to fill the form offline
Those aspirants who want the brochure and application form by the post, they have to send some documents at Sh. Gaurav Gulati, SAO (Academics), Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110016.
The documents required, which is to be sent are as follows:
- Request application clearly mentioning your postal address where you want to receive your application form.
- Demand Draft of requisite amount in favor of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at NEW DELHI. It is mandatory for applicants to write their name and address on the back of the Demand Draft.
Application form details can be taken from the above article as mentioned. The candidates have to pay Rs. 1550/- for the general category and for SC/ST category it is Rs. 775/- as application fees. The candidates who are from foreign that is foreign national candidates have to pay 80$ (US).
The candidates who are from foreign that is foreign national candidates have to pay 80$ (US).
This fees can be paid by variant modes of payment such as DD or any online mode which includes VISA/ MASTER credit card and also debit card.
|General/OBC candidates||Rs 1550|
|SC/ST/PH candidates||Rs 775|
|Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI candidates||US$ 80 (INR Rs 4500)|
(The structure of the fees provided is on the basis of previous year’s fees, any update in the fees will be reflected on this page, also all the aspirants looking forward to this examination are requested to go on the official website and check for once).
Eligibility Criteria IIFT
Before starting the application process, candidates must ensure that he/she meets the eligibility criteria of IIFT given below:
- Nationality: In, as well as Foreign Nationals, also are eligible to take admission in IIFT.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must possess bachelor’s degree of minimum 3-duration in any discipline.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing the final year examination of graduation can also apply. However, Such candidates are required to submit the proof of passing the qualifying examination latest by 7th October 2018.
- No Age Limit: There is no age limit prescribed by the authority to be eligible for IIFT 2018.
Admit card for Examination
All the applicants can download their admit card from the official website from the mid-November (For confirmed dates and details please visit the official website). Exam center and other related details can be checked on the admit card, once you download it.
Also, the test centers can be changed, if you wish to, by writing a request e-mail or application to the official email-id or at the address.
Admit cards are mandatory foe the aspirants to download before the last date of the examination and these admit cards will be necessary for the entry to the examination centre.
It is advised to take any of the following ID proofs to the examination center on the day of the exam:
• Election I-Card
• College I-Card
• Driving License
• PAN Card
NOTE: Aspirants are informed that they should take the original admit card to the center, Also for the verification purpose, take your original ID with you.
IIFT Exam Centres in India
Exam will be held in the following 20 cities over the country. These cities are as follows:
The pattern of the Examination
Pattern varies from year to year of the examination of IIFT. Question paper consists of approximately 125 multiple choice questions. Duration of the examination is of two hours as per the previous year’s examination. The Question paper will be divided into four different sections. They are :
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension & General Awareness
Now the marking scheme which is separate from every section and exam authority may change it every year as per their rules. Negative marking will be done by taking 1/3rd of every wrong answers. Marking scheme for different sections is defined and noted down below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme|
Here are the revised sections for the examination and detailed syllabus is also mentioned the section of syllabus.
|Section||Subject Area||Number of Questions||Marks per question||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|Section 1||General Awareness||21||0.5||10.5||15|
|Section 2||Reading Comprehension||15||0.75||11.25||15|
|Section 3||Verbal ability||23||0.75||17.25||15|
|Section 4||Quantitative Analysis||24||1||24||30|
|Section 5||Data Interpretation||16||1||16||25|
|Section 6||Logical Reasoning||21||1||21||20|
Time management is very necessary for the excel in the examination and also the selection of correct choice is must. Solving all the important and repeated questions in not more than 80 seconds per question is the actual way to put your best foot forward towards the examination. This exam have recreated questions from the CAT exam. So, aspirants do not forget to prepare yourself well.
Selection Procedure after the examination
There are different stages which an aspirant will go through if they get selected after examination. So, first is short listing on the basis of written examination (MCQs) which is followed by the Group Discussion which is followed by the Personal Interview. The candidates those who are short listed will be given the choice or preference, the candidates securing highest marks will get the admission first and so on.
The candidates will be provided admission to MBA (International Business) program at IITF-Delhi or IITF-Kolkata.
The result of the IIFT Examination
Result of IIFT is available online on the official website of the IIFT. The release date of the exam is announced on the official website, but generally the date of result of examination is expected to be out in the fourth week of November.
To check for the result aspirant must go on the official website and enter the exam roll number, which you received in your admit card, also the date of birth. The result is based on the aspirant’s score and those will be shortlisted for the rounds of pre-admission. After the name of candidate in the list, the aspirant will proceed further for Group Discussion, Essay Writing, Written Test and Personal Interview rounds.
Steps to check the result:
- Step 1: Click on the link provided on this page or go to the window provided below.
- Step 2: On clicking the link, the login window will appear. Now, enter IIFT 2018 Roll Number.
- Step 3: Enter Date of Birth.
- Step 4: Click on Submit to check the result.
Score Card of IIFT
Score will be available online and you can download it in the form of pdf and this score will be valid for the admission to have the access to the score. Score card of the aspirant will also be sent on the registered email-id.
On the basis of the score and after the further selection process if the aspirant gets selected in the examination, then they can take admission in IIFT Delhi or Kolkata.
Take all the verified documents with you at the time of admission and all the other requirements which you will get on your registered mail-id from the college.
Analysis of the examination as per the previous year and few more predecessor years;
IIFT examination consist of questions whose level vary from moderate to high difficult level, where it also included some lengthy questions.
It is really unexpected that how the variation in the syllabus, as well as cut, offs make this examination a thrill-filled ride and some of the cut off of the last few years can be mentioned as follows:
Cut off for IIFT’14 was around 48.3.
Cut off for IIFT’15 was a little less than 38.5.
Cut off for IIFT’16 was around 50.
Where the decision of the examination was more or less depended upon the speed and selection.
How to Prepare for the IIFT Exam
As mentioned earlier speed and time will play important role in the preparation. Also, would suggest you all that in the last two months aspirants should not go for any new course and should practice the completed syllabus. Also, all the aspirants are suggested to refer the question papers from the last few years and practice the frequently asked questions nicely.
So, All the best to all who will appear for this exam.
Syllabus of the IIFT exam
As mentioned earlier the entrance exam will consist of different sections which will be multiple choices. Further elaborating more about the above-mentioned categories.
Candidates should prepare English of by referring any sound book of English and must be good with vocabulary and also no silly mistakes in grammar should be made which could affect the marks. Reading English news paper, English novels and books could help in learning new word and also improve English as whole fluent as well as quick.
- Comprehension of passage
- Verbal Reasoning
- Contextual usage
- Fill In the Blanks
- Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
- Foreign language words used in English
- Sentence completion
- Sentence correction
- odd man out
- one word substitution
- Different usage of same word
- Errors in word choice
- mania & phobia
- Incorrect words
- Conditionals & Multiple Usage
- Phrasal verb etc.
Logical Reasoning, which can include a wide range of questions from Decision making o Verbal Logic. This section also includes the question which needs to think and all the applicants should practice LR on the daily basis.
- Questions from these topics are asked
- Critical reasoning
- Visual reasoning
- Assertion and reason
- Statements and assumptions
- identifying valid inferences
- identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments
- Statements and conclusions
- Cause and Effect
- Identifying Probably true
- Probably false
- definitely true
- definitely false kind of statement
- Linear arrangements
- Matrix arrangements
- Family tree problem
- Symbol Based problems
- Coding and decoding
- identifying next number in series etc.
Quants is one of those topics which require the most of the attention and applicants should try and finish this section and all the topics in two months. A great strategy could be leave all those questions which are non-familiar and focus more on comfortable questions. Speed is also a heavy parameter in this examination. Preparing well for quantitative analysis is must.
- Geometry (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone, etc.)
- Ratios and Proportion
- In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra
- Profit & Loss
- Work and time
- Number system
- Geometric Progression
- Arithmetic progression
- Arithmetic mean
- Geometric mean
- Harmonic mean
- Number Base System
- Allegation & Mixtures
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Set Theory
- Venn Diagram
- Installment Payments
- Permutations & Combinations
- Topics like Trigonometry
- Binomial Expansion
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Maxima & Minima Progression
- Surds & Indices and Complex numbers.
This syllabus is an overview of what can be asked in the examination and in which direction you have to begin your preparations as per the syllabus mentioned above.