In India many Historical Monuments is Present in Indian History and it is all about the rise and fall of kingdoms and empires. The Monuments, built by the kings and they perform of every period put light on the past history of India. These monuments show the glory of India and it is a part of our Cultural Heritage. Almost all the states of India have some or the other important historical monuments. Thousands of tourists visit India in order to have a glimpse of its important historical places.
- Taj Mahal: It is one of the most famous and beautiful Monuments in India and world. The Building of Taj Mahal was built by the Emperor Shah Jahan as the tomb of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is unbeatable beauty which draws visitors from all parts of the world. The Taj Mahal got the highest ranking among the seven wonders of the world after the biggest online poll . Part forms Taj Mahal there are other historical monuments in Agra.
- Red Fort: It is one of the monuments which enhances the grace of India’s capital state Delhi. Red Fort was also built by Shah Jahan the Mughal Emperor. The Architecture of this building has a splendid impact on red stone and marble works. It has the beautiful carving on each and every surface.
- Qutub Minar: It is also a significant historical monument. The construction of Qutub Minar was started by Qutub-ud-din-Aibek in the 12th But it was completed by his successor Iltutmnish. It has 230 feet heights. The walls of Qutub Minar are intricately carved and inscribed with verses from the Holy Quran. It is a symbol of the military might of the Turko Afghan Dynasty. In Delhi, there are other historical monuments like Purana Qila, Humayun’s tomb Jantar Mantar and many other.
- Charminar: In Hyderabad, it is famous for its charming minarets called Charminar. It is the identification of the city as it is situated in the center of the old city. It was built by Muhammad Quil Shah. Charminar with its enormous size and majestic splendor attracts many visitors. There are many other famous monuments in Hyderabad like Golkunda Fort, Purani Haveli Tombs of Qutub Shahi kings etc.
- Jagannath Puri: It is a religious significance of Puri, it is well known for the twelfth-century temple called Jagannath erected in honor of the Hindu god Vishnu. It is a very vast temple, it has begun by king chodagangaeva and it is completed by king Ananga Bhima Deva.
- Golden Temple: It is situated in Amritsar and also known as Darbar Sahib. It is a great pilgrimage center for the Sikhs. This holy temple was completed under the control and supervision of Guru Arjan Dev. The stone foundation was laid by a renowned Muslim divine Main Mir. It is said that the temple is intended to keep open for the people of all castes, creeds, and faith. So it was given four door women each direction. It has a lire pool around it. During Maharaja Ranjit Singh reign the lower half of the temple was decorated with the marble while the entire upper half was inlaid with copper converted over by gold plate. Hence it is known as the golden temple.
There are some other religious monuments are Badrinath temple, Dilwara temple Dakshineshwara temple, Kailashnath temple, seven Pagoda, Lotus temple Rameshwaram temple.
In British era also some important monuments were constructed and have their own important place in India History. India Gate was constructed in the memory of those Indian Soldiers who were killed in a world war. Gateway of India was built to commemorate the visit of the first ever British Monarch King George V and Queen Mary in 1911. The other monuments like Rashtrapati Bhawan, Parliament House, Victoria Memorial.
All these monuments are visited by millions of tourists from all over the globe throughout the year.