Did you know? General Knowledge Facts
1) The Indian flag was redesigned 6 times until 22nd July 1947 where it was designed by Pingali Venkayya( freedom fighter) in the meeting of the constituent assembly .
2) Rowlatt act satyagraha was basically initiated by Gandhiji to oppose the Rowlett act which says that any Indian cold be arrested without any trial for curbing the terrorist violence. (2015)
3) BNHS (Bombay natural history society)started in the year 1883 is an organization working for conserving the nature and biological diversity and as well as spreading knowledge about nature and creating public awareness (2014)
4) The Chinese traveller Yuan chawng who visited India and recorded two general conditions and culture of India at that time which stated:
- Punishment for offences , ordeals by fire , water and poison were the elements that helped to determine the innocence and guilt of the person.
- The tradesman had to pay duties at ferries and barrier stations.(2012 and 2013)
5) The demand for the Tebhaga movement was for to reduce the share given to the landlords after the harvest to one-third ( 2013)
6) The fourteenth pay commission in the year 1951 was formed by Y.V. reddy former governor of RBI and it focused on The Commission is constituted to make recommendations to the president about the distribution of the net proceeds of taxes between the Union and States and also the allocation of the same amongst the States themselves It is also under the ambit of the Finance Commission to define the financial relations between the Union and the States.(2015)
7) The attorney government of India is basically appointed by the president of India working as the government’s chief legal advisor , advising in the legal affairs as well as participate in the proceedings of the parliament (2014)
8) The sales tax paid on any commodity is lived under the authority of central legislations and state government legislations both .(2014)
9) Microfinance is the provision of financial services to the people of the low-income group including both the consumers and self-employed rendered under both savings and credit facilities.
10) The first meeting of the Constituent Assembly was held on Dec 9, 1946, and Dr. Sachidanand Singha was the interim and the President. Dr. Rajendra Prasad was elected as its President on Dec 11, 1947.