ISI 2018 Final Answer Key has been released on 21st May 2018. ISI stands for Indian Statistical Institute organizes its own entrance examination. This entrance examination is to screen candidates for admission to various degree programs. UG, PG, Ph.D. are the different programs provided by the Indian Statistical Institute in the field of Statistic, Science and Technology. There are four campuses and they are situated in Chennai, Tezpur, Delhi, and Bangalore.
ISI 2018 Answer Keys have been released. ISI 2018 Answer Keys have been released.ISI entrance exam is generally conducted in the mid of the May month. Result for different courses has been declared through online mode.
Applicants those who have a valid score of GATE can take the direct admission to the courses available in ISI. ISI GATE cut off will be described by the authorities.
In this article, we are providing with all the information related to ISI entrance exam. This article includes Result, Exam Pattern, Counselling, Admission, Admit Card, valid GATE score etc.
ISI 2018 Notifications – Final Answer Key Released
ISI 2018 Final Answer Key has been released on 21st May 2018. Click here to view answer key.
ISI 2018 OMR answer sheets along with recorded responses have been released now. Click here to view responses.
ISI 2018 Answer Keys have been released now. Click here to view answer keys & challenge.
List of Candidates Qualifying for Waiver from Written Tests on the Basis of GATE Scores & INMO awardees has been released now. Click here to view lists.
ISI 2018 Selection Policy has been released now. Click here to view selection policy.
Click here to view ISI 2018 Information Bulletin.
ISI 2018 Notification has been released now. Click here to view admission notice.
Important dates for ISI exam 2018
The scanned images of OMR answer sheets, together with recorded responses, will also be uploaded on the website and can be viewed by the candidates during a 72-hour period with in 18th May 2018to 22nd May 2018.
All the candidates can check the dates of all the events in the process of ISI Admission 2018. This list provided below will guide you to check all the important dates and events. The ISI Admission dates are given below:
Here we have mentioned the official dates of ISI Entrance Exam 2018:
ISI 2018 Exam Date
Here we have mentioned the official dates of ISI Entrance Exam 2018:
|Application form release||7th February 2018|
|Last date for online application submission||20th March 2018 (Extended)|
|Application fee payment starts||9th February 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||22nd March 2018 (Extended)|
|Admit card release||13th April 2018|
|Exam date||13th May 2018|
|Answer Key Release||14th May 2018|
|Last date to challenge answer key||16th May 2018|
|Recorded responses release||17th – 22nd May 2018|
|Result declared||June 2018|
Admit Card for ISI exam 2018
ISI admission exam requires an admit card. The ISI Hall Ticket 2018 has been released on 13th April 2018. To see their admit card the applicant must log in to the official website of the ISI. The applicant must download the ISI admit card.
Applicants should check all the details printed on the admit card and if there is any grievance on the card then it should be submitted to authorities. The admit card must be carried to the exam hall compulsorily to the exam. Applicants not carrying their admit card are not allowed to appear for the entrance exam.
Admit Card will contain details such as registration number, exam center, exam date, exam time, applicant’s name and their roll number. Admit Card should be downloaded from the official website of the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI).
The official website will provide a link to download the admit card. The link will be provided in the account of the candidate.
Application Form for ISI 2018
7th February 2018is decided by the authorities of the ISI for the application form. ISI 2018 Application Form Last Date has been extended till 20th March 2018. The application form is available online. The application form can be filled through the official website of the ISI. For Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics course, there is no need to fill this form.
For Diploma in PG in Statistical Methods and Analytics courses, the application form can be purchased from ISI North-East Centre in person or through the post.
- ISI Registration 2018 will be started from 7th February 2018.
- The application will be available in online mode from the website.
- Enter all the required details on the application form carefully.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature & other required documents in the appropriate format.
- Candidates can make the fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Candidates don’t forget to take a printout of the application form for future references.
After filling the application form offline, the application form should be sent by post along with all the required documents. The address is given below:
Note: Candidates who are due to complete the qualifying examination before 01 July 2018 may also apply.
The Head, Admissions 2016, Indian Statistical Institute,
North-East Centre, Tezpur
University Campus, Tezpur,
Following are the steps to the Application form for the ISI entrance examination:
- Candidates must first complete the registration formalities by entering their Name, Email, Mobile No details to create a login ID.
- They must log in thereafter and enter their personal details along with the details of their academic qualifications.
- Next, they must upload their scanned signature and photograph as per specifications (The specifications are available in the table below).
- They can pay the fees online through Net Banking/Debit or Credit Cards. Candidates can also pay offline at the nearest SBI branch through the challan that must be downloaded while filling the application form. The payment must be made 2 days after downloading it.
- After submission, candidates will receive an SMS notifying them of their registration and application
- Candidates paying online must note the transaction ID after successful payment.
- Candidates paying offline must ensure that the challan is duly stamped with the journal No and code of the branch. They must safe keep the challan copy.
Click here to view detailed ISI Eligibility Criteria.
Some other important details regarding filling the application form are mentioned below:
Dimensions and size of Photograph and Signature:
|Photograph||50KB||bmp/gif/png/jpg/jpeg||600 pixels (width) × 600 pixels (height)|
|Signature||30KB||bmp/gif/png/jpg/jpeg||800 pixels (width) × 300 pixels (height)|
Eligibility Criteria for ISI entrance exam
Some of the important parameters which are to be fulfilled by the aspirants to give the exam are called as Eligibility Criteria. Every aspirant must satisfy this criterion. Candidates should check the criteria and meet them in order to take admission at Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) for different M.Tech courses provided by the college.
The very basic and important criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- Candidates who will complete the qualifying examinations before July 1, 2018, are also eligible to apply
Below is the table showing the eligibility criteria for different courses:
|B STAT (HONS)/ B MATH (HONS)||12th or equivalent exam with Mathematics and English subjects.|
|M-STAT||3 years bachelor degree/B.Tech/BE with statistics subject, orPG Diploma in Statistical Methods with Applications/Statistical Methods and Analytics|
from ISI, or
B Math degree from ISI
|M MATH||3 years bachelor degree/B.Tech/BE with mathematics subject and strong background in Analysis and Abstract Algebra or,|
B Stat degree from ISI
|MS (QE)||3 years bachelor degree in Economics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics or,|
B.Tech/BE with knowledge of Economics and Mathematics in UG level, or
B Stat degree from ISI
|MS (QMS)||3 years bachelor degree with Mathematics, or|
|MS (LIS)||3 years bachelor degree in any discipline|
|M TECH (CS)||BE/B Tech or equivalent degree (AMIE, GRADIETE, DOEACC ‘B’ Level), or|
Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Physics/Electronic Science/Information Technology
|M TECH (QROR)||Master Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics with Probability and Statistics, or|
BE/B Tech or equivalent degree
Must have taken mathematics at graduation level.
Obtained passing marks in Chemistry & Physics at 12th level.
|PG Diploma in Statistical Methods & Analytics||Graduation in any stream including technology/engineering with mathematics subject.|
domicile certificate of North-Eastern states
|PG Diploma in Computer Applications||Three-year bachelor degree with mathematics.|
|PG Diploma in Business Analytics||UG/PG degree with any one of the following:|
BS/BTech/BE or equivalent with 60% marks
Integrated Masters or equivalent with 60% marks
Masters degree with 60% marks
For SC/ST/DA candidates 55% marks will be considered
Candidates appearing in final exam are also eligible
|Junior/Senior Research Fellowship||Statistics: M Stat, MA/M Sc or equivalent degree in mathematics or,|
mathematical maturity with B Stat/ B Math, BA/B Sc or equivalent degree with Statistics
|Mathematics: M Stat, M Math, MA/M Sc or equivalent in mathematics or,|
mathematical maturity with B Stat/ B Math, BA/
B Sc or equivalent degree with Mathematics
|Quantitative Economics: MS (QE), M Stat, MA/ M Sc or equivalent in Statistics/Mathematics/ Economics/Econometrics or,|
BA/B Sc degree with Economics, or
Master degree in Mathematics/Statistics as a subject in UG level, or
4-year B Tech degree
|Computer Science: ME/M Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics/Telecommunication Radio Physics/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering /Microwave Communications /Information Technology /Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with Mathematics subject, or|
M Sc/MCA/MA or equivalent degree in Physics/Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics /Electronic Sciences/Computer Science/ Atmospheric Science/Information Technology/Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with Mathematics, or
BE/ B.Tech degree
|Quality, Reliability & Operations Research (QROR): M Tech/ME/MS/M Phil or equivalent degree in Quality /Reliability/Operations Research, or|
M Stat/M Sc /MA or equivalent degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics with Mathematics subject in graduation level or,
BE/ B.Tech degree
|Physics and Applied Mathematics: M Sc in Physics/Mathematics/ Statistics|
|Agriculture and Ecology: MSc in Botany/Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Agriculture|
|Geology: M Sc in Geology or equivalent|
|Library and Information Science: first or high second class in MS (LIS) by ISI or,|
Associateship in Documentation and Information Science of ISI, or
NISCAIR/INSDOC or Master degree in Library and Information Science with minimum 55% marks
|Development Studies: Masters or M Phil degree in Development Studies, Sociology, Economics, Agricultural Economics|
Exam Pattern for ISI entrance exam 2018
Paper I and Paper II are the two types of paper the entrance exam is divided into. The Paper I will consist of multiple choice questions and Paper II will consist of short answer type questions. 4 marks are allotted to each question. Different courses will have different exam pattern.
The exam pattern for the M.Tech course is given below:
- The exam comprises of two parts i.e. part 1 and part 2.
- Part 1 contains multiple choice or descriptive test in Mathematics at UG level.
- Part 2 comprises of multiple choices or descriptive test in mathematics at UG level and logical reasoning for Group A and for Group B will contain questions from Mathematics, Statistics and Physics at PG level and from Computer Science, Engineering and Technology at B.Tech level.
The detailed information about Paper I and Paper II is mentioned below:
Part 1: This is a mandatory section and will consist of multiple choice/ Descriptive questions in Mathematics at the undergraduate levels. This will have 30 questions for 120 marks and a duration of 2 hours.
Part 2: This section will be discipline wise consisting of multiple-choice or descriptive questions.
- Computer Science Aspirants will have five sections in the part 2 paper with questions asked from Computer Science, Engineering and Technology at the B Tech level. Questions will be asked Engineering Mechanics, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Thermodynamics, and Engineering Drawing.Part 1 will have 30 questions which have to be answered compulsorilyPart 2 will have 70 questions from 5 sections. Candidates have to mandatorily answer one section.
- QROR Paper:Part I (for Statistics/Mathematics Stream): There will be 5 questions from Statistics & Probability where candidates have to answer 6 questions taking a minimum of 2 from eachPart II (for Engineering Stream): There will be 4 questions from Mathematics and 6 from Engineering & Technology where candidates have to answer 2 minimum from each
The duration of the exam will be 4 hours with each part given 2 hours each.
- Section: The examination will be conducted in two sections, i.e. Section-1 and Section-2.
- Type of Question: There will be MCQ and descriptive questions will be asked in the examination.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be two hours for each section.
- The detailed exam pattern is mentioned here:
|Course||Forenoon (10:30 to 12:30)||Afternoon (14:00 to 16:00)|
|Subject||Test Type||Subject||Test Type|
|M.Tech (CS)||Mathematics||MCQ||Math/Phys/Stat/Engi/Tech/Comp Science||Descriptive|
Click here to view ISI 2018 Exam Pattern
Result for ISI entrance exam 2018
Result of ISI entrance exam will be announced in June 2018. The result has to be download from the official website which is a list of Merit. The Merit List is depended on how much you scored in the entrance exam. Aspirants should check for their registration number and name.
Those candidates who have qualified GATE may get the admission direct iff they have GATE score which is above the declared cutoff.
Counseling for ISI Admission 2018
Appliacants who have successfully qualified in the ISI entrance examination are shortlisted and these shortlisted students are called for the interview depending on the basis of their performance.
Those applicants who all are selected must download their call letters and should be present in the counselling in person according to their scheduled time and dates. Applicants should carry all the required documents that are mentioned by the authorities. They should also carry the photocopy of all the documents.
When all the verification and qualification is done, also qualifying the interview, aspirants mus confirm their admission by performing all the admission formalities.
Contact details are:
Indian Statistical Institute,
203 Barrackpore Trunk Road,
Exam Centre for ISI exam
The centres for entrance exam of the ISI are mentioned below:
Application Fees for ISI exam
The application fees for general category is Rs 700/- and for SC/ST/OBC/physically challenged it is Rs 350/-. The application fee payment can be done in two ways: Online and Offline.
Online payment can be done by Debit/Credit cards or net banking. Offline payment can be done through the Challan from any branch of SBI bank.
Syllabus for ISI exam
Applicants can check the syllabus specified by ISI Kolkata for the entrance examination.
The syllabus is described below in detail:
Statistics stream: Statistics and Probability
- Engineering and Technology:
- Engineering Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Drawing
- Computer Science
- Engineering & Technology
Click here to view ISI 2018 Syllabus & Sample Papers
Preparation Tips for ISI examination
Applicants should prepare the time table and study following that timetable. Applicants should know about all the details of exam pattern and syllabus. The syllabus should be followed by the applicants, which is provided by the ISI. Practising previous years question paper will improve your preparation.
All the best!!
Click here to view ISI 2018 Test Centres