JMI 2018 Admit Card is available now. JMI stands for Jamia Millia Islamia JMI is an “A” grade Central University which is situated in New Delhi. JMI is a Deemed University which was established in 1920.University provided candidates various diploma, certificate, UG, PG & Ph.D. courses in its affiliated institutions and also offered in streams such as – Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Hospitality & Travel, Animation, Mass Communication, Humanities & Social Sciences, Commerce as well as Teaching & Education.
If candidates are wishing to take admission in different courses of JMI they have to attain entrance exams. Through the JEE Main entrance exams score candidates will get admission in UG engineering and architecture course and admission into BDS courses will be carried out through NEET score.JMI 2018 Admission Form Correction has been started from 8th March 2018
Candidates can get complete information of JMI Admission 2018 including the application form, eligibility, merit, counseling, etc
JMI 2018 Notifications – Admit Card Released
JMI 2018 Admit Card is available through candidate login. Click here to get admit card.
JMI 2018 Admission Form Last Date for B.Tech & B.Arch courses has been extended till 14th March 2018. Click here to fill the application form.
JMI 2018 Admission Form Correction can be done from 8th to 18th March 2018. Click here to make a correction.
JMI 2018 Admission Form for UG, PG & other courses can be filled till 7th March 2018.Click here to fill the application form.
JMI 2018 Admission Form for B.Tech & B.Arch courses has been released now. The application form for other courses will be released on 6th February 2018. Click here to check JMI EEE 2018 details.
Click here to view JMI Prospectus 2018
JMI 2018 Admission Form for B.Tech & B.Arch courses has been released now. Click here to check JMI EEE 2018 details.
Jamia Admission Exam Dates 2018
Candidates should know about the dates and events of JMI entrance exams. Events such as Admission forms availability, Date of editing the form, Issue of admit card, and Admission Closing date etc. Candidates should check the changes and updates of MRI exams.
JMI 2018 official admission dates are given below:
|Admission forms availability||2nd February to 14th March 2018 (Extended)|
|Date of editing the form||8th – 18th March 2018 (Extended)|
|Issue of admit card||8th – 13th April 2018|
|Exam date||April – August 2018 (on different dates)|
|Result declaration||Within one month after the exam date|
|Last date to submit qualifying exam result||15th September 2018|
|Acadmic Session Starts|
|Continuing Semester/Annual Classes||17th July 2018|
|First Semester/Ist Year Classes||1st August 2018|
The admission test schedule for Class XI- Commerce is revised as per the below:
|Class||Old Schedule||New Schedule|
|XI- Commerce||31 May 2018|
02 to 04 P.M.
|01 June 2018|
02 to 04 P.M.
|Doctoral Programmes||Applied Science & Humanities/Architecture/Biotechnology/Commerce & Business Studies/Computer Science/ Law/Mass Communication/Nanotechnology, etc|
|Masters Programmes||L.L.M./M.A./M.A.-M.Sc (Geography) / M.Arch / MBA / M.Com /MCA/M.Ed/M.F.A/M.Phil/M.Tech|
|Post Graduate Diploma Programmes||PG Diploma in Self-Financed/Computer Application/Digital Cartography/Educational Management/Journalism/Remote Sensing and GIS Application/T.V. Journalism|
|UG Programmes||B.A. /B.Com/B.A. L.L.B./B.A. (Hons.) / B.Arch / B.D.S. / B.E. / B.Ed/B.F.A./B.Sc./B.Tech/B.Voc/Bachelor of Arts with Computer Application|
|Advanced Diploma Programmes||Advanced Diploma in Modern Persian/Modern Arabic Language and Translation/and many other languages.|
|Diploma Programmes||Diploma in Engineering/Disaster Management/Languages/Tourism and Travel Management|
|Certificate Programmes||Certificates in Calligraphy and many languages|
JMI Admit Card 2018
JMI 2018 Admit Card will be available from 8th April 2018.The JMI admit card related information will be notified to the candidate on their registered mobile number through SMS. Through online mode in the official portal, hall ticket will be published by authority. Once the admit card will be issued on the website, the candidate can download it and print it.
Candidates have to stick their recent passport size self-attested photograph in a specified place. Candidate’s those who have registries their application can only download their hall ticket from online.
Candidates have to keep safe their admit cards till the examination gets over. Candidates compulsorily have to carry hall ticket and ID proof cards with them at exam if candidates fail to bring candidates will not allow writing exams.
Details on Admit Card
- Candidate Name
- Date of Birth
- Father Name
- Roll Number
- Exam Name, Date and Time
- Address of the test centre allotted
How to Download the Admit Card
Candidates can follow the given simple steps to download admit card/hall ticket:
- Visit the official link
- Log in by entering your Email ID, DOB & Roll No. or your Application Number & Verification Code.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Now, admit card displays on the screen.
- Download and take the printouts of admit card for further references
JMI Application Forms 2018
Before filling up the application form of JMI, candidates are instructed to read the prospectus carefully. A candidate who wishes to fill application can fill from the 1st week of February to 1st week of March and the last date admission is last week of September.
Candidate’s application will be cancelled if they fill application after the due dates. Candidates have o fill all detail of candidates in an application and have to upload their scanned image of the recent photograph. Candidates are suggested to keep printed copies of filled application form for further use and needs.
- Candidates have to fill the JMI application form 2018 in online mode only.
- Application form can be accessed from the official website of JMI. Alternatively, we will also provide the link for filling the application form.
- The application form has been released on 2nd February 2018.
- The last date to fill the application form will be the 7th March 2018.
- Candidates can submit only one form for each programme/group of the programme (with combined entrance test).
- The online submission of application form will consist of two phases, candidate’s registration (entry of basic details) and entrance application submission (choosing of programme, category, fee submission).
- Corrections can be done by sending an permission email to [email protected] from 8th to 12th March 2018.
- Candidates can check the status of their application form on JMI website.
Application Fee 2018
Candidates can pay application form fees by online as well by offline mode. Through online modes such as credit/debit cards and e-banking etc candidates can pay application fees.Candidates have o pay application form fees according to programmes and courses.Candidates applying for some of the programmes is Rs. 700/- and for B.Tech/B.Arch courses are candidates have to pay Rs. 500/- for application fees.Once candidates pay fees by online or remit or transfer from any bank of the branch it will not be refunded back. Candidates are advised to keep print copies of it for further use.
- The application fee for some of the programmes is the 700/-while application fee for B.Tech/B.Arch courses are Rs. 500/-.
- The application fee can remit through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Once the fee is paid, it will be non-refundable.
A different course has different criteria. Eligibility criteria for JMI admission are varying course-wise. Candidates before applying must see whether they fulfill all criteria for admission or not. A candidate often fails to know that affect them at the time of taking admission.
Candidates should know the Qualifying criteria such as Candidate must qualify the qualifying exam from JMI or equivalent board/university. And For UG courses, the qualifying exam is 10+2 while for PG courses, candidates must have done graduated in the relevant discipline. Candidates who are appearing in a Final year are also eligible to apply. Applying candidates must submit the equivalent certificate before last week of September 2018.
The general eligibility criteria for admission in all courses are given below:
- MA Mass Communication: The eligibility criteria for this course states that a candidate who is a graduate in any discipline (in the 10+2+3 pattern) is eligible to apply for MA Mass Communication course admission at Jamia Millia Islamia University. Apart from this, the candidate should have secure at least 50% marks in aggregate at the graduation level.
- MA (Convergent Journalism) (Self-Financed) : AJK MCRC states that any candidate, who is a graduate in any stream from a recognised college with minimum 50% aggregate marks, meets the eligibility criteria for this course admissions.
- PG Diploma in Journalism (Hindi Medium) (Self-Financed): The eligibility criteria for admission in this course requires candidates to possess a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised college with a minimum of 45% aggregate. Apart from this, aspirants should also have knowledge of Hindi language.
- PG Diploma in TV Journalism (Hindi Medium) (Self-Financed): To be eligible for admission in this course, aspirants should have completed their graduation from a recognised college (in any stream) with at least 45% aggregate marks.
- PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology (Self-Financed): The eligibility criteria for admission in this course states that any candidate who has completed his/her graduation with minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Electronics, Computer Science, IT, BCA or Engineering from a recognized college is eligible to apply.
- However, a point to note is that only aspirants who have studied Physics, as well as Mathematics in their Class XII, are eligible to apply for admissions.
- PG Diploma in Still Photography & Visual Communication (Self-Financed): To be eligible to apply for this course, candidates should complete their graduation (in any stream) with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognized college.
- PG Diploma in Acting (Self-Financed): The eligibility criterion for this course admission requires the candidate to have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized college or university.
- PG Diploma in Urdu Mass Media: For Urdu Mass Media course admissions, candidates should have cleared Class XII with at least 55% marks in Urdu/Persian/Arabic.
- BA (Hons) (Mass Media Hindi): The eligibility criteria for admissions in this course at Jamia Millia Islamia University states that interested candidates should have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in their Class 12.
Jamia Exam Pattern 2018
Detail is provided so candidates will get familiar with all detail and can prepare for exams. Candidates of JMI have to complete paper within 3 hours no extra time will b given to any candidates as per board’s rules.
The exam pattern for Jamia Millia Islamia mass communication entrance exam is such that appearing candidates have to attempt 200 questions. MCQ and Objective type question will be asked from the syllabus.0.25 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer and there are no negative marks mentioned for no answering of the question.
Exam pattern of JMI is different for different courses. Candidates can check the previous year’s question papers to know the exam pattern.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Negative Marking:25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer (except M.Phil and Ph.D.).
The entrance exam for admission in courses offered at AJK Mass Communication Research Centre (MCRC) consists of two sections – A and B.
Section A comprises of objective type questions wherein candidates need to answer questions from spheres such as:
- National and international political issues/personalities
- General knowledge
- Film, television and other media
- Art, literature, and culture
Section B of the entrance test consists of descriptive questions. Informing more about descriptive type questions asked in section B of the entrance exam, the official website informs: “This paper comprises of essay type long answers which reflect the candidates’ critical understanding of contemporary issues and the media. This paper also evaluates candidates’ skill in visualization, story-telling and their creative aptitude”.
Click here to view JMI Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
JMI Result 2018
JMI 2018 result will be declared online on the official portal. The University of each Course will prepare a separate merit list according to the marks scored by candidates in entrance exams
The merit list will be prepared by marks obtained in the entrance exam, applicable reservations, and relaxation. The result will not be sent to any candidate in a residential area by any candidates.
Candidates will need hall ticket and ID proof cards detail because candidates have to type all detail on an official portal to access the result page. Candidates can also save the page as a result if they want. Keep copies of result for further use in the admission process.
JMI Admission Procedure 2018
Candidates are interesting in counseling can attain counseling of JMI.
If they need more detail, they have to download the letter of counseling from the official portal of JMI.A merit list will be prepared according to candidates score marks in entrance exams. Candidates should be qualified and eligible to apply for admission.
The admission will be provided only by the merit list. Candidates who pass the entrance exam and interview around those candidates name will appear in the merit list. Only those candidates can take admission those name has been appearing in a list.
Candidates must carry all original requirement documents for registration and verification. If any candidate fails to show their original certificates at the time of admission, then their admission will be rejected.
Below is given Documents required for admission and also guidelines for admission:
- Mark sheet and Passing certificate of qualifying exam
- DOB Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Score card of JEE Main and NEET for admission to B.Tech, B.Arch and BDS programme respectively.
- Proof of Permanent Address
JMI Admission Guideline
- Admission to B.Tech/B.Arch will be provided by JEE Main score. For admission to BDS program, candidates have to appear in NEET.
- For all other courses, admission will be offered by entrance exam conducted by JMI University followed by the interview and another process.
- If the candidate gains the marks less than 30% in the descriptive part of entrance exam, he/she will not be shortlisted for interview round.
Appearing candidate can check syllabus of JMI University. The syllabus is not yet announced official by authority. University aims to provide more facilities to a candidate to improve their skill, creativity, and knowledge. Projector, Many books are provided in a library, and full silent and discipline are given so candidates can fully focus on studies.
Candidates should not get confused later and can prepare for exams in given time. To score qualifying marks candidate have to read all topics from the given syllabus without skipping any topics and subjects. Don’t get confused in exams because the confusing /hard question will be asked in an exam to test candidates that they have prepared for exams or not.
- Before starting preparation, you should analyze the syllabus prescribed for the examination.
- Prepare a good time-table as per your daily schedule and include all the topics of a syllabus in your preparations.
- Refer the best preparation books and other study materials available in the market or on the internet.
- Practice from previous year question papers and sample papers to know more about the exam pattern.
- Mark all the important topics of the syllabus and prepare short notes and revise them at the end of preparations.
- Don’t take stress while preparing for the exam and take the healthy & nutritious diet.
Manage your time for some exercise and yoga it will keep you fit and healthy