LSAT 2018 Registration has been started from 4th October.LSAT is an abbreviation for Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and Pearson VUE on behalf of USA conducts LSAT. It is organized for admission in five-year integrated undergraduate law courses and two-year postgraduate law courses in the state law colleges which are affiliated with this. There are total 80 law schools in India which provide this course. The LSAT will be conducted in the second week of June 2018.
The admission to law colleges of Banaras can be taken by qualifying LSAT. There are various law colleges in the state offering various LLB seats for the undergraduates of LSAT. The entrance exam that is LSAT will be conducted in offline mode. The Instructions, Rules, and regulations are decided by the Pearson VUE on behalf of USA and in compliance with all the rules and regulations of LSAT authorities and the relevant Government orders in place.
There are certain criteria that the candidate needs to satisfy even after passing the examination LSAT. These are Eligibility Criteria and set as per the rules of government in LSAT and is the way to admission in LLB courses of the affiliated colleges.
LSAT Admission conducts entrance based admission to LLB courses. The admissions to post graduate law colleges was taken on the basis of LSAT earlier. Candidates seeking admissions in the undergraduate and postgraduate law programs across the participating Indian law schools were needed to apply for LSAT India 2018 by 4th October.
The Law School Admission Test (LSAT 2018) is a world-wide level entrance examination. LSAT exam is organized to offer admission into various Law colleges/institutions of India and Foreign countries.
LSAT 2018 Notification – Registration Started
LSAT 2018 Registration has been started now. Candidates can register until 4th May 2018. Click here to register.
A Brief Introduction to LSAT
Let us have some facts and figures about LSAT India
- Exam name – Law School Admission Test for India
- Abbreviated as – LSAT India
- Exam type – Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Exam level – National
- Exam mode – Paper-pencil (Offline)
- Total number of participating institutes – 80
The candidates interested for admission in Law through LSAT can check complete details about the exam including eligibility criteria, application procedure, exam centers, syllabus, important dates, etc. in this article below.
LSAT Important Dates
LSAT dates are the dates provided for the important events happening in the LSAT. The dates provided here are tentative and will give the reader a brief idea about when the event is going to happen (like month or week).
LSAT Exam Dates
Here candidates can check the official exam schedule for LSAT exam 2018:
|Online Registration||4th October 2017|
|Last date to register||4th May 2018|
|Admit card releases||5th May to 19th May 2018|
|Exam date||20th May 2018|
|Result Announced From||To be Announced|
LSAT Registration 2018
To register for LSAT 2018 exam, candidates can follow these simple steps:
- LSAT Application Form 2018 is available via online mode.
- The registration process has been started from 4th October 2017.
- Registration can be done till 4th May 2018.
- Candidates must upload their scanned image of recent photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee through online mode.
- Take printout of the filled application for further use
- LSAT India registration fee will be Rs. 3800/- without official LSAT India handbook.
- The application fee can be paid through credit card/debit card.
NOTE: All the applicants should note that above-provided dates are tentative and all the applicants are requested to check the dates on the official website of the LSAT. Since all the dates are updated by the LSAT authorities and in case the update is not reflected on our website we request applicants to check the official website of LSAT.
LSAT Admit Card
The admit card for LSAT is provided online to the candidates appearing for the LSAT. The admit card is accessed by the candidates on the LSAT portal. The admit card for UG was issued via online mode from the third week of May 2018. The admit card for LSAT is issued by Pearson VUE.
The candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the LSAT. The admit card will not be sent via post to any of the appearing candidates. The admit card of LSAT will contain following details like candidates name, date of birth, photo, signature, exam center and roll number. This information of the candidate will be based on the applicant’s LSAT application form. In case any candidate finds any mistake in their LSAT India admit card 2018 details including their names and date of birth, they need to bring it to the notice of exam officials, immediately and get it verified or corrected by the authorities of LSAT.
Steps to download or get admit card for LSAT
- Click on official link of LSAT 2018 admit card
- Login with registration id for LSAT (Law entrance exam) 2018
- Click on blinking link of ‘Admit Card’
- Click on ‘Download’ and save admit card of LSAT 2018
- Candidates need to get a print copy of LSAT admit card 2018
The candidates are advised to take print out of the admit card and take this admit card with themselves on the exam center. The candidates are advised to take print out of the admit card and take this admit card with themselves on the exam center.The applicant can download the LSAT admit card by entering their application/registration number and their date of birth. Keep the admit card safely with them. None of the candidates are allowed to enter the examination hall without admit card. Also, all the candidates are informed to take their original as well as the photocopy of their ID proof along with admit card.
LSAT Application forms
LSAT application form is available in online mode. The University appoints authorities to conduct the centralized online counseling for the academic session of LSAT 2018-19. All the applicants are required to fill the form in order to appear for LSAT courses. LSAT exam or application form is released by the Pearson VUE. Once the candidate has registered for the law school admission test, a confirmation email will be sent to his/her registered mail account.
The admission form or application form for LSAT. The application fees can be paid by the candidate via online mode. Here are few points about LSAT application form:
- Click on official link provided for LSAT 2018 Application form
- Candidates need to register for LSAT law entrance exam 2018 using a valid e-mail id and mobile number
- A registration/ application id will be sent on the registered email id of candidates
- Login with registration id and fill in the application form of LSAT Law 2018 by entering details like academic qualification, personal information as well as test center choice as well as exam appearing for
- Candidates also need to upload scanned copies of Photograph and Signature as required
- Candidates can remit the application fee of LSAT 2018 either in online mode or offline mode
- The application form of LSAT 2018 need to submit in online mode only
The candidates filling the application form should make sure that they are filling the correct information otherwise they will not be allowed to sit for the examination. There are certain documents that are required during LSAT application form filling. This application form filling includes documents such as scanned copies of their signature and passport size photograph.
LSAT Application fees
Once the candidate is done with filling the form online the next step is to pay the application fees. To complete their LSAT Counselling registration, candidates need to sign the counseling register and pay a non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 3800 Different categories have fees for the application form of LSAT.
The payment can be done through net banking and various other options: Debit Card/ Demand Draft/ Bankers Cheque/ Pay Order. The payment mode is only online and Online payment can be done through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. The fees is non-refundable.
LSAT Eligibility Criteria
There is certain rules or conditions set by the official authority of the LSAT authorities which an applicant needs to satisfy to appear for the LSAT. The applicants can look for all the eligibility criteria one needs to satisfy and should contain all the documents proving that applicants satisfying those criteria.
Here are some of the criteria which an applicant should satisfy:
According to the eligibility criteria for LSAT entrance, candidates should be a graduate from the University of India or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent to and by the reputed University.
Candidates should also meet the minimum score required in the qualifying graduation degree examination. The minimum qualifying marks in degree examination for different categories is given below–
- General – As per LSAT 2018 eligibility criteria, the candidates belonging to General category need to secure a minimum of 50 per cent marks in the qualifying degree-level examination.
- The candidates must be qualified of 10+2 program from CBSE or any other equivalent education board if applying for undergraduate law program including BA LLB course.
- Also for post-graduation, law programs including LLM need to be an LLB degree holder with some criteria which satisfies the minimum mark criteria. The qualifying marks, however, will vary for each of the participating colleges across India.
Other conditions for being eligible
Candidates can also apply for LSAT (LLB: postgraduate or undergraduate) entrance exam if they meet the following eligibility conditions–
- The candidates appearing in the final year degree examination (university examination) of 10+2+3 year pattern can also fill the Pearson VUE (LSAT) application form and will be considered eligible for LSAT 2018, however, their admissions will be subjected to the fulfillment of minimum marks and age required for LSAT admissions.
- If any candidate holds a postgraduate degree or is appearing in the final year postgraduate degree examination can also apply for LSAT 2018 entrance examination. In such cases, the postgraduate degree holder/ the final year postgraduate degree examinee should have scored the minimum percentage of marks as given in the table below.
For BA LLB course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass the 10+2 or equivalent exam from recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must obtain the minimum 45% marks.
For LLB courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have a bachelor degree in any subject.
- Minimum Marks: Must score the minimum 45% marks in aggregate in qualifying exam.
For LLM course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed 3 years of LLB or 5 years of BA. LL.B programme.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must secure 45% marks in aggregate.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
Reservation for LSAT
The reservation for the candidates who are from different categories has different rules set by LSAT. The rules and regulations are defined by the LSAT. All the candidates must strictly follow the rules defined by the LSAT for UG or PG courses.
NOTE: The candidate should note that the in-case of any discrepancy the candidate’s admission will be canceled and the seat will not be given to the candidate instead will be allotted to any other candidate.
LSAT Result 2018 for LLB courses. The result will be announced online on the official portal of LSAT by Pearson VUE. The result for CLAT is declared in the third week of July 2018. The result will consist of the merit list on the basis of marks of the candidates. The candidates will be called on the basis of merit list for the counseling. The LSAT authority releases result for different courses provided by the university. The Result of LSAT has been announced by Pearson VUE. The test scores and result of LSAT India 2017 will be reported on a percentile basis. As per LSAT India 2017 result, each test-takers’ performance will be compared to others of candidate’s group, classified as the five-year integrated undergraduate and two-year post graduate.
The correct number of questions answered by the candidate will decide the result. There will be a total of 120 questions and candidate will be able to tick maximum correct out of it. Applicants should download the result and should preserve the score till the admission procedure is complete for further use in LSAT.
The applicants scored marks, which are above the cutoff, are eligible for the admission procedure in the LSAT and after that counseling procedure starts. The list will be released for the candidates who get selected for the admission procedure. The counseling for various courses will be held in the third week of May 2018. The counseling will be conducted via offline mode. The counseling for LSAT is conducted by Pearson VUE for Indian law schools.
The counseling is done on the basis of rank provided to the candidate. The counseling will be on the basis of the candidate’s rank. When the candidates are called for the counseling procedure the candidates have to take original documents with them. The documents will go through the verification process by the authorities. There will be numerous seats available for the LLB counseling to be filled by the candidates by clearing LSAT entrance examination.
After the successful tests and verification, the candidate can appear for the admission in the LSAT. It is important for the candidate to be present physically for the counseling and if the candidates fail to be present on the day of the counseling than the candidate’s seat will be canceled. Nowadays as provided by the online option the candidate can choose and fill their preferences of colleges and courses online in the official website of LSAT.
The seats are allotted purely on the basis of marks secured in the entrance exam and merit list prepared on that marks. The LSAT counseling will be done in offline mode only.
List of Documents Required at the Time of Admission
Candidates will be required to produce the following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission.
- LSAT 2018 Rank Card
- LSAT 2018 Hall Ticket
- SSC/Intermediate/Equivalent Memorandum of Marks
- Qualifying Examination Memorandum of Marks
- Qualifying Examination Provisional/Degree Certificate
- Study/Residence Certificate – To prove status as the residence of India or any other country as the proof of residency only.
- SC/ST/OBC/Caste or community certificate if applicable
- Transfer Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate or White Household Card
LSAT Exam Pattern
- Language: The exam was conducted in English medium.
- No. of Questions: The question paper contained 100 multiple choice questions.
- Mode of Exam: The exam was organized through online mode that is it will be the computer based exam.
- Marking Scheme: 1 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is NO negative marking for the given incorrect response negative in this exam.
|Features of LSAT 2018 Paper Pattern||Details|
|Exam Mode||Offline mode|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Objective questions|
|Number of Questions||100 questions|
|Total Marks||The maximum marks will be told then and there.|
LSAT Participating Institutes
Alliance School of Law, Alliance University Bangalore
ITM Law School Gurgaon
School of Law, Ansal University Gurgaon
AURO University, School of Law Surat
Jindal Global Law School Sonipat
School of Law, Gitam University Visakhapatnam
Central India College of Law Nagpur
JSS Law College Mysore
School of Law, K. R. Mangalam University Gurgaon
College of Legal Studies Dehradun
K.L.E. Society’s Law College Bangalore
School of Law, Noida International University Noida
Faculty of Law, ICFAI University Dehradun
Faculty of Law, ICFAI University Gangtok
Faculty of Law, ICFAI University Jaipur
ICFAI Law School, IFHE Hyderabad
MATS Law School, MATS University Raipur
School of Law, Sharda University Greater Noida
G H Raisoni Law School Nagpur
Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Kharagpur
Law, IIT Kharagpur
VIT Law School Chennai
Chotanagpur Law College Ranchi
- General Awareness and Current Affairs – To prepare for this section, the candidates are required to be familiar with the latest happening in the national and international levels. Also, they are required to have a good grip over general knowledge. In the general awareness section, the candidates can go through the static topics. For this section, the candidates are advised to go through books on General Knowledge and Current Affairs. The candidates can also read the newspaper and news magazines to brush up with the current affairs.
- Common Legal Knowledge – The questions in this section will be based on the various topics of law. For this section, the candidates are required go through the basic law topics and sub-topics. The questions in this section will have passages on legal propositions and sets of facts.
- Aptitude & Mental Ability – This section will comprise of questions on basic Mathematics and the candidates are also required to be comfortable with mental Math. The candidate’s ability to solve Mathematical problems within a limited time period. Regular practice of solving Mathematical problems will help the candidates to prepare for this section.