NDA Entrance Exam: Written Examination, Interview & Medical Test
NDA Entrance Exam Is Conducted By Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) For Enrolling Candidates To The Indian Defence Forces That Includes Indian Army, Indian Navy And Indian Air Force. The NDA Exam Gives An Army Ambitious Candidate, An Opportunity To Serve The Country. The NDA Exam Is Carried out Twice in a Year. NDA (I) In the Month of April and NDA (II) In the Month of September.
UPSC Conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) NDA Entrance Exam in Three Stages:
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
The NDA Exam Has Two Parts:
- The paper I Is Of Mathematics and Carries 300 Marks.
- Paper II Is Of English And General Ability And Carries 600 Marks. English Is Of 200 Marks And General Ability Is Of 400 Marks.
NDA Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate Should Be Citizen Of India
- A Person (Subject) Of Tibetan Refugee / Nepal/ Bhutan Are Also Allowed To Appear For NDA Exam
- Only Unmarried Candidates Are Allowed To Appear For NDA Examination
- Sex and Marital Status: Only Unmarried Male Candidates Will Be Allowed To Appear For NDA
- Age Limit:
- Minimum Age Limit For NDA I:
The Applicants Should Not Be Born Before 2nd July 1997 And Not After Than 1st July 2000 Can Apply For Exam
- Minimum Age Limit For NDA II:
The Applicants Should Not Be Born Before 2nd July 1998 and Not After Than 1st July 2001 Can Apply For Exam
- Physical Standard-
Candidates Need To Be Physically Fit And They Shouldn’t Have Resigned From Any Armed Force Training In Past.
NDA Entrance Exam Applying Process:
There Are Two Ways To Apply NDA.
- Online Application.
- Offline Application.
NDA Entrance Exam Application Form:
The Application Form For The NDA I Exam Will Be Announced From 2nd January 2016, And For The NDA II, The Notification Will Be Announced On 18th June 2016. The NDA I Exam Will Held On 17th April 2016 And The NDA II Exam Will Held On 18th September 2016. Candidates Will Have to Fill the Form Online. They Can Apply by Using the Website www.Upsconline.Nic.In
NDA Entrance Exam Application Fees:
- Candidates Belonging From General/OBC Category Have To Pay Rs.100/-
- No Fee for SC/ ST Candidates.
- No Fee for Sons of Serving / Ex-Junior Commissioned Officers/ Non-Commissioned Officers.
- For Indian Army- Candidates Must Have Done Or Appearing Class 12th From A Recognized Board.
- For Air Force And Navy-Candidates Must Have Done Or Appearing Class 12th With Physics And Mathematics From A Recognized Board. However, Minimum Marks, In This Case, Is 60 Percent
Those Who Are Selected In All The Three Stages Will Be Given Preliminary Training (Academic And Physical) For A Period Of 3 Years. The Training during the First Two and Half Years Is Common to the Cadets (A cadet is a trainee) Of All the Three Wings (Air Force, Army, Navy).
On Passing Out From the National Defence Academy-
Army Cadets Go To the Indian Military Academy, Dehra Dun
Naval Cadets to the Cadets Training ship, Ezhimala (Kerala)
Air Force Cadets to Air Force Academy (AFA), Hyderabad.
Air Force Cadets-They Receive Flying Training For A Period of 1 ½ Years
The Naval Cadets-They Are Selected For The Executive, Engineering And Electrical Branches Of The Navy, On Passing Out From The National Defence Academy And Are Given Sea Training On The Cadet Trainings For A Period Of Six Months. Further Training Of 6 Months In The Respective Branches To Which They Are Allocated And They Are Rank As Lieutenants.
Army Cadets-They Are Known As Gentlemen Cadets And Are Given Tough Military Training For A Period Of One Year.On Successful Completion Of Training Gentlemen Cadets Is Granted Permanent Commission In The Rank Of Lieutenants.
Important Info That You Should Know:
- About Books-
UPSC NDA Na Exam Has to Be Prepared from Some Books So As To Get the Best of Practice for Exam. It Is Important For Candidates That They Should Know Everything About The Exam. List of Some Books Are Given Below That Might Help You-
- National Defence Academy Examination by Upkar
- National Defence Academy (NDA), Naval Academy (INA) Exam Solved & Practice Papers By Sachchida Nand Jha
- NDA-NA Exam Guide National Defence Naval Academy by Datason Rp
- NDA/ Na Topic wise Solved Papers by Disha Publication
- Mathematics for NDA/NA by S L GULATI
- Mathematics for N.D.A. Entrance Exam by R S Aggarwal
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy by R. Gupta’s
- Pathfinder for NDA Na Exam 1st by Arahant
9 Pearson Complete Guide to NDA Na Exam 2nd Edition by Pearson
- Study Package NDA Na Entrance Exam 1st Edition by Tata Mcgrawhill
- Prepare Your Own Notes –Preparing Your Own Notes Is One Of The Important Part In Your Preparation. Because You Know What Tricks And The Steps You Used, To Remember What You Studied. Highlighting Main And Important Points Is Surely Going To Help You. There Are Lot Of Answers When You Find It Difficult To Remember Than Make Its Short Form And You Can Remember Long Answers Easily. A study by Subject Wise or Topic wise. Also, Keep Quick Revision Sheet for Important Mathematics Points and Formulae.
Only You Know Where You Stand In Terms Of Preparation And Ability. Your Study Schedule Should Be Planned According To Your Capabilities. Be True To Yourself And Put In All The Efforts.
- Current Affairs-Read Newspaper Daily. Watch News Channel. You Must Be Aware of The Current Situations. Current Affairs Is One of The Most Important Sections in the Entrance Exam. You Must Be Well Aware Of the Events That Took Place, At Least, Five Years Ago
- Practice Previous Year Papers-This Will Help You To Understand The Style And Pattern Of Questions Answers To Identify Your Weak Areas.
- Improve Your English-English Is One of the Most Scoring Part of the Exam. So Invest Time In Learning All Facets Like Parts Of Speech, Synonyms, Antonyms Etc.
- Time Management –Managing Your Time Plays An Important Role Here. Try Mastering The Shortcut Methods And Save Time. Don’t Waste Time Solving A Question That You Don’t Have Any Idea About. Instead Of That, Move On To The Next Question.