NEET PG 2018 Application Form has been released from 31st October 2017.NEET PG 2018 is a national level examination organized by the National Examinations Council (NBE). Applicants who wish to access the MD / MS or PG Diploma courses may appear on the NEET PG exam. The best colleges and universities in the country provide access to PG Medical courses based on the NEET PG score. Through this article, applicants can view the details of the NEET PG 2018 exam, including the application form, eligibility, dates, exam template,syllabus, etc.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduation (NEET-PG) is the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma courses, as per the directives of Supreme Court. NEET PG 2018 entrance exam will be conducted in the month of December 2018 in an online mode, not an offline mode.it is a computer-based test.
This is a PG medical entrance exam conducted by NBE for MD / MS / PG admission to AIQ 50% of seats, state seats in public or controlled governmental colleges, private institutes and the DNB courses expand its specialty. This is the only valid entry examination under section 10 of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
NEET PG 2018 Notification – Application Released
Notice has been released regarding editing the field in NEET PG 2018 & NEET MDS 2018 Application Form. Candidates can make changes in the relevant field until 27th November 2017 through login.
Click here to check NEET PG 2018 Correction Notice.
Click here to check NEET MDS 2018 Correction Notice
NEET PG 2018 & NEET MDS 2018 Application Form can be submitted until 27th November 2017 (11:59 PM). Click here for application form details.
Click here to view NEET PG 2018 Notice.
Click here to view NEET MDS 2018 Notice.
NEET PG 2018 & NEET MDS 2018 Exam Dates have been released now. The exam will be conducted on 7th January 2018.
Click here to check NEET PG 2018 Notification.
Click here to check NEET MDS 2018 Notification.
Notice has been released regarding the Requirement of Aadhaar number for NEET-PG and NEET-MDS 2018. Click here to check notification
NEET PG Important Dates 2018
The examination calendar of NEET PG 2018 will declare by the exam conducting authority, National Board of Examinations (NBE). Candidates can check below for the examination schedule and mark their calendars accordingly.
NEET PG Overview 2018
Candidates can check the highlights of NEET PG 2018 below.
|NEET PG events||Details|
|Name of examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post- Graduation (NEET PG)|
|Conducted by||National Board of Education (NBE)|
|Courses offered||MD/MS/MDS/PG Diploma|
|Online registration||September to November 2017|
|Exam Date||7th January 2018.|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Syllabus||Subjects covered in MBBS level|
|Qualifying criteria||General candidates must secure 50th percentile marks,|
SC/ST/OBC candidates must obtain 40th percentile marks
PH candidates must score 45th percentile marks
|Declaration of result||31st January 2018|
|Seat allotment||As per the merit rank, preferences of courses & colleges held as per PG medical education regulations|
NEET PG 2018 Exam Date
Students can check the official dates of NEET PG & NEET MDS exam from the table given below:
|NEET PG 2018||NEET MDS 2018|
|Online registration begins||31st October 2017||31st October 2017|
|Last date to register online||27th November 2017 (11:59 PM)||27th November 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|Demo test available||15th December 2017||15th December 2017|
|Admit card available||1 or 2 weeks before the examination||1 or 2 weeks before the examination|
|Exam date||7th January 2018||7th January 2018|
|Declaration of result||31st January 2018||31st January 2018|
|Counselling starts||After the result announcement||After the result announcement|
NEET PG Registration 2018
- The NEET PG Application Form 2018 will be available from the Last week of September 2017.
- Candidates can register for this exam via online mode through the website.
- Firstly, create a profile on the website by entering registration details.
- Fill all the required details such as personal, academic, address, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, photo ID, SMC/MCI & other certificates in the prescribed format.
- Schedule the examination date, time and centre as per your preferences.
- Candidates have to make the fee payment through online mode.
- After completing the application, take printout of the confirmation page for further use.
- The registration fee will be Rs. 3750/- for Gen/OBC candidates and Rs. 2750/- for SC/ST/PWD categories.
- The payment should be made through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Payment cannot be made through offline mode.
Here we provide the eligibility criteria NEET PG basic:
Nationality: only Indian citizens can apply.
Qualification: Candidates must hold an MBBS or a temporary MBBS pass certificate recognized by the MCI.
Practices: Students must have completed one year of practice or the probability of completing the practice by March 31, 2018.
All Indian quota seats 50%: Students who have studied or MBBS from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible for this fee.
Model NEET PG Exam
The NEET PG 2018 exam model describes the number and type of questions, the marking scheme, the duration of the examination. Knowing the exam model NEET PG makes one ready to take the exam. Candidates can solve examples of documents and false tests as well as know the model of the exam.
First, consider the distribution of the questions, with an approximate weighting.
|S.No.||Topic||Approximate number of questions|
|8||Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|9||Medicine, Dermatology and Venereology||37|
|10||Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics and Anasthesia||46|
|11||Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||12|
|12||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
|Total 16 topics||Total number of questions||300|
- Exam Mode: Online (computer based test) mode
- Type of Question: 300 Multiple choice questions
- Language: English language
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Session: 2 sessions
- Negative Marking: No negative marking
Model NEET PG Exam
Examination mode: the exam will be organized online (computer-based test mode).
Type of question: Multiple-choice questions will be asked during the examination.
Language: The questionnaire will be in English.
Duration: The duration of the examination will be 3 to 1 hour.
Session: The exam will be organized from morning to morning (10:00 to 15:45) and afternoon (from 3:45 to 7:30 p.m.).
Negative Marking: You will not be negatively marked on this test.
NEET PG 2018 result
The result of NEET PG 2018 will be declared 31st January 2018, in online mode. NEET PG 2018 result will be declared for those candidates only who have secured a minimum qualifying mark as per their category.
The NEET PG 2018 score card of candidates consist details along with marks and rank secured.
NEET PG cutoff 2018
The cutoff score is the minimum marks a candidate need to secure in order to qualify the entrance test.
NEET PG cut off score depends on various factors such as a number of applicants applied, availability of seats, and difficulty level of the exam etc.
In a NEET PG Exam, the candidates belong to a general category have to secure a minimum of 50% marks.
While it is 40% for 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates and 45% for PH candidates.
How to prepare for NEET PG
- First, gather all the details about the program officially prescribed for the exam.
- Make an appropriate schedule and prepare accordingly.
- Consider good books and study materials for your preparations.
- Prepare brief notes on important issues and prepare them at the end of the preparations.
- Practice the previous year’s query documents and sample documents that will help you understand the profile of the exam.
- Taking care of your health, doing yoga and meditation will help you focus on your studies.
NEET PG Eligibility criteria 2018
Candidates who wish to appear in NEET PG can check below for the Eligibility criteria as declared by the NBE.candidates who fail to, meet the requirements will not be given admission under any circumstances:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen
- Candidates who are in a possession of MBBS degree and also possess a permanent or provisional registration certificate issued by the medical council of India or state medical council
- Candidates must have likely to complete 1 year of rotating internship on or before March 2019.
NEET PG Exam Paper Pattern 2018
NEET PG 2018 is a computer base test(CBT). the online question paper is based on the syllabus as prescribed by the exam conducting authority, NBE.the questions booklet has question taught during MBBS programmes.
- There is a total of 300 multiple choice questions.
- Each question consists of 4 answer and candidates have to choose a single correct response.
- Duration of the test is of 195 minutes-15 minutes for test tutorials and 180 minutes for attempting the test.
- The weight-age of MCQs is indicatively and purely provisional. NBA reserves its right to alter/amend and vary the same.
NEET PG Application Form 2018
Candidates who are above 25 years of age can now fill the application form of NEET 2018. Aspiring candidates can fill the application form of NEET 2018.
The application window of NEET 2018 is now closed for candidates below 25 years’ age.
Earlier, on March 28, Nanded (Maharashtra) had been added to the list of NEET exam centres. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will now conduct NEET 2018 in 104 examination cities instead of 103.
Earlier, NEET 2018 was scheduled to be conducted in 80 examination cities. Now, the exam conducting authority, CBSE has released a notification that candidates can now edit the examination Centre/city via logging in their accounts. The registered candidates can edit the NEET 2018 examination centres in the month of March.
The online application forms of NEET 2018 opened in the month of January 2018 and closed in March 2018. The exam conducting authority, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released NEET 2018 application forms in online mode only and no other means are available to fill NEET Application Form 2018.
Institutes Excluded from NEET PG 2018 session
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sri Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology, Trivandrum
NEET PG Counselling 2018:
The counselling of NEET 2018 for 15% all India Quota seats will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC of the Director General of Health Services (DGHS), in the month of June 2018.
The NEET 2018 Counselling will be conducted in online mode for all those candidates who will qualify for admissions under all India quota seats in government medical and dental colleges across India.
The counselling NEET 2018 will be conducted for allotment of around 3850 MBBS and BDS seats only. In order to participate in NEET Counselling 2018, qualified candidates will have to first register themselves for the counselling process during the stipulated period announce, schedule and allotment result etc.
NEET PG Exam Centre 2018
The exam conducting authority, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct NEET 2018 exam in a total of 104 cities across the country. Earlier, only 80 examination cities were selected, but, after a substantial increase in NEET aspirants, CBSE also added 24 new cities to the existing list.
This must be noted that exam cities will be allotted through computers and there will not be any human involvement.