NEST 2018: NISER Admission, Application, Dates, Syllabus, Pattern, Eligibility
NEST Application Form 2018 is available in online mode only. It is releasing on 1st January 2018. The national entrance screening test (NEST 2018) is a national review. This review is being carried out to offer admission in 5 years of integrated MS programs to NISER (National Institute of Education and Scientific Research), Bhubaneshwar and UM-DAE CEBS (the University of Mumbai, Excellence in Basic Sciences), Mumbai. NEST 2018 will be held in May 2018. In this regard, provide NEST exam details in 2018 such as exam dates,
The NEST proves the term National Entrance Screening Test passing which is the dream of many. It comes with a great opportunity to shape up your future. The NEST Exam is conducted on the national level to apply for M.Sc. Program in Basic Sciences and the subjects are named as Physics, Biology, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
The responsibility of the exam comes under National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneshwar and Mumbai University – the Department of the Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences. In order to seek admission in the exam, you need to knock down a big wall of the exam procedures. There are various criteria to become eligible for this exam.
NEST 2018 will be held in May 2018. In this regard, provide NEST exam details in 2018 such as exam dates, the curriculum of the application form, eligibility, exam profile, etc.
NEST 2018 Notification – Application Releasing on 1st Jan
NEST 2018 Application Form is releasing from 1st January 2018 (6:00 PM).The link will be provided here.
NEST 2018 Exam Date
Here we have mentioned the official exam schedule for NEST 2018:
|Notification release||25th December 2017|
|Online Application Starts from||1st January 2018|
|Last date to apply||5th March 2018|
|Admit card availability||25th April 2018|
|Exam date||2nd June 2018 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Result Declaration||18th June 2018|
NEST Application Form 2018
Applying candidates can check the NEST Registration 2018 details from below:
- First, candidates have to register themselves with a valid user email ID on the website.
- In the next step, candidates have to fill their basic details. After this, an application number will be generated for further login.
- Scanned images of signature and photograph (maximum 100 KB) will be uploaded by the candidate in JPEG format.
- Before final submission of the application form, candidates are informed to verify all the details filled by them.
- Make the fee payment via online process.
- Don’t forget to take the printout of the application form for further use.
- Candidates can make payment using any Credit/Debit card or through Net banking.
- The application fee will be Rs. 700/- for Male (General & OBC) and Rs. 350/- for SC, ST, and female & PWD candidates of all other categories.
NEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria to appear on the NEST 2018 exam are listed below:
- General & OBC Candidates: They should bear on or after August 01, 1998.
- SC/ST/PD candidates: There are 5 years of age relaxation for SC/ST/PD candidates.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 10+2 standard or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Candidates should have a combination of any three subjects from the following Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology as subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must score 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent in 12th standard (55% in case of SC/ST/PD categories).
- Appearing Students: Candidates those appearing in final year examination can also apply.
NEST Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: It will be conducted in offline mode (OMR based).
- Total Marks: The whole question paper will be consisting of 230 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in General section. However, a negative marking is applied in the subject section.
- Language: The question paper will be published in English language only.
- Type of Question: There will be objective (MCQ) questions will be asked.
- Duration of Exam: The total exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Sections: There will 5 sections, each of 50 marks but the general section will carry 30 marks.
NEST Syllabus 2018
There is no fixed program for the General section. Normally, the curriculum follows the NCERT and CBSE curriculum for classes 11 and 12. The questions are designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, computing, and the environment. There will be other questions that are designed to test mathematics up to the 10th grade.
Questions in NEST will be mainly based on NCERT/ CBSE science syllabus of class XI and XII. However, NISER and UM-DAE CBS of Mumbai University have provided detailed NEST Syllabus. Candidates are recommended to go through each topic of NEST Syllabus thoroughly in order to perform well in the MSc entrance exam.
How to Prepare for NEST
Planning and dedication are the keys to do well. First all plan a timetable for study keeping in mind your strengths and weaknesses. Allocate sufficient time for study, revision and solving of sample papers.
Sample papers are an important component of NEST preparation. They not only prepare you for the exam but also help you to assess your preparation. Most of all do not worry and stick to the basics always.
- Find out all the details of syllabus prescribed by the authority.
- Plan your study schedule according to the syllabus.
- Give equal time to all subjects.
- Check previous year’s question paper to know the exam pattern.
- Take a healthy diet and do exercise and yoga.
NEST Exam 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who have applied for NEST 2018 are informed that NEST 2018 admit card is issued online through the official portal of NEST 2018. The hall ticket has not been dispatched via post or e-mail. Applicants can download their admit card after logging into the official portal of NEST. Through admit card, students can check details of the assigned test center with complete address details.
Appeared candidates can check their results in the first week of May 2018. Candidates can download the NEST 2018 result from the website. A separate merit list will be prepared by the authority for providing admission. Candidates are suggested to keep the printout of the result and preserve it for further admission process.
NEST 2018 Counselling
The NEST 2018 consulting process will be organized in different offline stages. It is compulsory to qualify for admission examination to M.Sc programs offered by NISER and UM-DAE CEBS. Students must report to the counseling location on the date and on the date specified. Applicants must bring the original documents with them at the time of advice.
Documents Required for Admission/Counselling:
- 10th & 12th mark sheet & passing certificates.
- NEST 2018 admit card & rank card.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Passport size photographs.
- PwD Certificate (if applicable).