PGIMER 2018: Counselling, Schedule, Admission Process, Dates
PGIMER 2018 Counselling (Fourth Round) for MD/MS courses is organizing on 27th January 2018. Counseling will be organized on offline mode only. PGIMER stands for Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research and it is a prestigious institution located in Chandigarh. The candidate is provided medical research and training facilities.
Through this exams, the candidate can take admission into MD, MS, DM, MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) and other PG courses. This examination is called as PGIMER examination. Various college & institution of government and private except the score of PGIMER exams.
It is organized in two sessions in a year, the first session will be in January and the second session will be in July. On basis of the score of the candidate, admission will b given to deserving candidates.
Candidates can check out detail related to PGIMER exams, Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Etc from this article.
PGIMER 2018 Notifications:
Candidates can check counseling and admission details for PGIMER 2018 admission. Click here to view admission details
PGIMER 2018 Counselling (Fourth Round) for MD/MS courses is organizing on 27th January 2018 through offline mode.
PGIMER 2018 Counselling (Third Round) for MD/MS courses is organized on 19th January 2018 through offline mode.
Click here to view Seat Matrix for PGIMER 3rd Counselling.
- PGIMER 2018 Counselling (Second Round) for MD/MS courses is organizing on 9th January 2018 through offline mode.
- Click here to view Seat Matrix for PGIMER 2nd Counselling.
- PIGIMER 2018 Result for DM/MCh & MHA courses has been released now Click here to view the result.
- PGIMER 2018 1st Counselling for MD/MS courses has been conducted on 15th December 2017 via offline mode.Click here to view counseling notice.
- Click here To view the list of candidates eligible for counseling.
- PGIMER 2018 Admit Card for MD/MS courses has been released on 12th November 2017. Candidates can download the admit card through login. Click here to get your admit card.
- List of ineligible candidates for MD/MS January 2018 session has been released now. Click here to view list.
- PGIMER 2018 Application Form for MD/MS courses has been released now. Candidates can fill the application until 30th October 2017. Click here to fill online application.
- PGIMER 2018 Application form for DM/MCH & MHA courses has been released. The last date to submit the application is 13th November 2017.Click here to fill the
Click here to view Admission Notice.
PGIMER Exam Dates
Candidate should know Exam dates events and tentative.Detail such as Online application starts, Last date of application form, Last date to deposit the fee, Admit card released, are provided on a schedule.
Here, we are mentioning the tentative exam schedule of PGIMER for various courses:
PGIMER Exam Dates 2018
Here, we are mentioning the official exam schedule of PGIMER for various courses:
|Online registration starts||2nd October 2017|
|Last date of registration||30th October 2017|
|Last date to deposit the fee||3rd November 2017|
|Admit card published||12th November 2017|
|MD/MS exam date||26th November 2017|
|Result Published||27th November 2017|
|1st counselling||15th December 2017|
|2nd counselling||9th January 2018|
|3rd counselling||19th January 2018|
|4th counselling||27th January 2018|
For DM/MCH & MHA:
|Application form available||14th October 2017|
|Last date to submit application & generate e-challan||13th November 2017|
|Last date to deposit fee in the bank||17th November 2017|
|Admit card release||One or two weeks before the exam|
|Exam date (Theory)||17th December (10:00 AM)|
|Declaration of result||18th December (9:00 AM)|
|Clinical/Practical exam||19th December (10:00 AM)|
|Counselling/interview||20th December (2:30 PM)|
PGIMER 2018 MD/MS July Session
|13 May 2018||Theory examination||10 am||At various centres in Chandigarh|
|14 May 2018||Declaration of result||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|15 June 2018||1st Counselling||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|12 July 2018||2nd Counselling||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|25 July 2018||3rd Counselling||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
PGIMER 2018 MDS / House Jobs (OHS) July Session
|03 June 2018||Theory examination||10 am||At various centres in Chandigarh|
|04 June 2018||Declaration of result||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|06 Jun 2018||1st Counselling||2.30 pm||Lecture Theatre No. 1|
PGIMER 2018 DM / MCh / MHA July Session
|17 June 2018||Theory examination||10 am||At various centres in Chandigarh|
|18 June 2018||Declaration of result||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|20 June 2018||Clinical / Practical exam||10 am||In department concerned|
|21 June 2018||Counselling||3 pm||Lecture Theatre No. 1|
PGIMER 2018 MSc Nursing / Fellowship / MPH July Session
|24 June 2018||Theory examination||10 am||Lecture Theatre B Block, PGI Chandigarh|
|25 June 2018||Declaration of result||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|26 June 2018||Clinical / Practical exam for MPH and Fellowship||10 am||Department of community medicine|
|27 June 2018||Counselling||2.30 pm||Lecture Theatre No. 1|
PGIMER 2018 PhD / PGDPHM / MSc MLT / MSc July Session
|08 July 2018||Theory examination||10 am||At various centres in Chandigarh|
|09 July 2018||Declaration of result||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|10 July 2018||Clinical / Practical exam||10 am||In department concerned|
|11 July 2018||Counselling||3 pm||Lecture Theatre No. 1|
PGIMER 2018 BSc Nursing / BSc Nursing Post Basic July Session
|12 August 2018||Theory examination||10 am||At various centres in Chandigarh|
|13 August 2018||Declaration of result||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|16 August 2018||Counselling||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
PGIMER 2018 Paramedical July Session
|19 August 2018||Theory examination||10 am||At various centres in Chandigarh|
|20 August 2018||Declaration of result||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|23 August 2018||1st Counselling||11 am||Bhargava auditorium|
|19 September 2018||2nd Counselling||11 am||Lecture Theatre No. 1|
PGIMER Application Form
Candidate can fill the application form through an online official portal. The online application will be available from 3rd week of September and the Last date of application form submission is 3rd week of October.
The candidate is advised to fill and submit the application before the due date. If the candidate submits after the due date application will not be accepted. A candidate is requested to fill the application in the given format and upload scanned image of passport size photograph and signature with it.
- Students can avail the PGIMER 2018prospectus and application form from the website.
- Students can fill the application form through online
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in JPEG format. The size of the images should not exceed than 50KB.
- Students are required to keep safe the application number and Password for future use.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the filled-in application form for further references.
PGIMER 2018 Application Form
Candidates must enter valid information in the form. Do not leave any column blank. Use only the available modes of fee payment to pay fee.
|Name of course||Dates for application form||Dates for fee payment||Apply Online|
|MD / MS Jan 2018 Session||01 Oct – 30 Oct 2017||01 Oct – 03 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|House Jobs (OHS) Jan 2018 Session||01 Oct – 30 Oct 2017||01 Oct – 03 Nov 2017||Click Here|
All PGIMER Forms: All application forms of PGI Chandigarh admission and entrance exams come at pgimer.edu.in.
Candidate can pay through online as well as offline mode. Candidate can pay through online debit, credit card or net banking or by via Challan pPaymentof SBI Bank. According to category application fees is charged to candidate.
Category of GEN/OBC candidate have to pay Rs. 1000/- and candidate SC/ST/PwD have to pay Rs. 800/- for application form. Below is given amount and category wise application fees in table.
- Students can pay the fee through SBI Bank Challan.
- Application fee for General category is 1000/-.
- For SC/ST/PwD category, application fee is 800/-.x
- PwD candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
PGIMER Application Fee
|Type of category||Application Fee|
|1. General and OBC category applicants:-||Rs. 1,000/-|
|2. SC and ST category applicants:-||Rs. 800/-|
Candidate should know about eligibility criteria of PGIMER exams. If candidate fails to about it then candidate will face difficulty at the time of admission process. Candidate are advised to read full eligibility criteria of PGIMER exam. Candidate should be Indian citizen or from residential state.
Detail like, Candidates have to complete the MBBS or degree from recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India) for MD & MS course. More detail in detail are provided.
The eligibility criteria for PGIMER courses are listed below:
- Qualifying Exam:F or MD/MS courses, student must hold the MBBS or equivalent Degree recognized from Medical Council of India. For MDS programmes, students must have the BDS Degree from Panjab University recognized under Dental Council of India. Students should have the MD/MS Degree for DM course.
Internship:C andidates must have completed or due to complete one year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively.
Applicant must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
PGIMER Exam Pattern
Candidate will be given 3 hours to complete their PGIMER paper no extra time will be given to any candidate. Paper will be organized in a single section or phase. PGIMER Exam mode will be of Pen, Paper and written based test.
Candidate should use blue or black ball pen in exam paper. PGIMER test will have 250 Multiple Choice questions with one correct response out of five points. PGIMER test will be release only on English language.
Check the exam pattern of PGIMER from the below section:
- Duration of Exam:3 hours will be provided to complete the exam.
- Type of Questions:T he question paper will be base on Objective Type Questions.
- Number of Questions:T here are total 200 questions in the exam.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will held in offline mode.
- Negative Marking:T here is a provision of negative marking in PGIMER entrance exam.
Questions will be as follows: –
|Sr.no.||Subjects||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|5.||Current Affairs & GK||10||10|
PGIMER Admit Card
As every candidate know hall ticket is a mandatory documents without it candidate will be not allowed to attain exams paper in exams center. It is candidate responsibility to keep their hall ticket safe till the completion of exams. Candidate can download their hall ticket through online, official portal.
The Admit / Hall Ticket card will be available for download on the official website. It is important to realize that the valid admission card is important to enter the examination room. In addition, perform an identification test.
The access supports the map via online mode at pgimer.edu.in. All essential information such as the student’s name, file number, examination center, examination date, examination location are there. It is strongly recommended that the admission card be kept safely until the admission process is complete.
The candidate who successfully registered their document can download admit card/hall ticket. Hall ticket contains candidate related detail like candidate name roll number, center, address, the birth of dates, and ID. The candidate is requested to keep printed copies of hall ticket for further use.
- Only those candidates will be able to get the admit card who have successfully submitted their online application form.
- PGIMER Admit Card will be provided to students through online mode.
- Candidates can download the hall ticket by entering their User ID and Password.
- The admit card will contain details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card to the examination center on the day of the examination.
Admit Card can be downloaded by following the given below steps:
- Log on to the official website of PGIMER
- Log in using your unique User ID and password, created at the time of filling PGIMER Application Form
- Download the PGIMER Admit Card
- Take the printout of the same
The result of PGIMER exams will be released on 2nd or 3rd week of May. Candidates can check their result through online, official portal of authority. The candidate is suggested to keep printed copies of result for further use and admission process.
Candidate has to enter their application number and date of birth in official portal if candidate type wrong detail in the site the page will show error. For correct page type correct detail in it.
Students would be able to check their computerized result of PGIMER 2018 entrance exam in the meantime after 24 hours from the website at pgimer.edu.in. Candidates will need to log in using their credentials in order to obtain the result.
In the event that results in releases as PDF file, then they can download it online. Since computer-based result assessment takes place, therefore, therefore, the university may not allow raising objections on the result.
Candidate can save the result in phone/Laptop or can take a screenshot of result for further use. Personally, result will be not sent to any candidate or by via post.
- Candidates can view their score through the login window on the official website.
- Candidates can check the PGIMER Result in the second week of January.
- The authority may also intimate about the result to candidates individually.
- PGIMER scorecard will be made available via online mode through the website.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of the result for further use.
Follow the steps provided below to check PGIMER Result:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on “Result link”.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth.
- Check your PGIMER
PGIMER Answer Key
Candidate attains exams, after few days can check the PGIMER Answer key. Through online, official portal of authority candidate can check out answer key of PGIMER. This will show their performance and according to that candidates can prepare for further steps.
Candidate can estimate marks and roughly check question answer written in an examination. This will help the candidate to roughly check marks of exams.
Below is given detail of PGIMER answer key:
- The answer key will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the PGIMER
- PGIMER answer key will be published within a week after the examination.
- Students can get the answer key via online mode through the website.
- Through answer key, candidates can have an idea about their performance in the examination.
PGIMER Counselling: –
Candidate will be given seat according to their performance in entrance test. Candidate interested in counseling can download letter od counseling from an official site. For admission 4 round is set from that whichever candidate passed that candidate will be given admission.
Candidate while attaining PGIMER counseling bring original required document for registration and verification. If candidate submits the incorrect document for registration and found in scrutiny that candidate admissions will be canceled.
How To Apply
- Firstly all the candidates have to visit the official website: http://pgimer.edu.in
- Then click on the link “Apply Online”.
- Then fill all the details as asked like Personal details, education Qualification etc.
- Then you will get the option of making the payment online or Offline mode.
- Then click on the link as per your suitability.
- If you are going to make the payment online then you can make the payment either Net Banking or Debit Card.
- At last, take the print out of application form and keep it with you for future use.
Documents to be needed at the time of counseling:
- MBBS Degree Certificate
- 10thcertificate or its equivalent
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- Certificate of internship
- Caste certificate
- Rural certificate
- 3 copies of latest passport size photograph
PGIMER Cut Off Marks
Candidate score above cut-off marks will get admission in college. Different college has different cut- off marks. Every college change cut off marks according to candidateappearing PGIMER marking scheme, the number of seats and difficulty level of the entrance exams.
Candidate should know previous and present year cut off marks. This will help- candidates to select Favorit College according to their marks.
Below is given Cut-off marks of PGIMER:
|1.||Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55th Percentile|
|2.||OBC, OPH. SC/ST. Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
|3.||Bhutanese Nationals||45th Percentile|
PGIMER Calculation of Score
The method of calculation of score has been mentioned below for applicants to refer to.
- The score of PGIMER will be calculated in a very objective manner without any human bias and subjectivity.
- PGIMER Question Paper consists of 250 questions, each with five response option.
- One or more of these five responses can be correct. In total, there are 1250 responses.
- There are some correct responses in the question paper (a) and some incorrect responses (b, so that a+b = 1250).
- The candidates’ responses are to the 1250 possible responses are matched with the true answer with the help of customized software.
- True correct responses are given positive marks while incorrect responses are marked negatively. Blank responses are not evaluated.
Formula used to calculate the percentage score of PGIMER exam:
- The calculation of the PGIMER 2017 Percentage Score is through a formula: [x/a-y/b] x 100.
- For example: A candidate has marked 580 responses as correct out of 600 correct responses in a question paper. Out of the marked 580 responses, 450 are truly correct and the remaining 130 are incorrect,
- Then a = 600, b = 650, x = 450 and y = 130. Therefore the percentage score of the candidate will be: [(450/600) – (130/650)] x 100 = 55.0.
Steps for downloading the PGIMER Cut Off Marks
- Visit the official website of PGIMER provided above.
- Click on the download button in the Task Bar at the right corner.
- Search for the Cut off Marks of PGIMER Exam.
- The Cut off Marks PGIMER will be available for downloading.
- Download the PGIMER & Check the Answers in the Cut Off Marks.
PGIMER Exam Syllabus
Candidate before going to prepare for exam go through exams pattern and syllabus this will help candidates in studies. Candidate is suggest while appearing in exam attains that question which you know perfectly and after that attain complicating question this will help you to complete paper.
The syllabus for PGIMER Entrance Exam for Master’s Degree will be from subject studied in the MBBS by the candidates. The tentative number of question in each subject studies by the candidates during MBBS is given below:
- Applied Anatomy
- Applied Biochemistry
- Immunogenetic & Molecular Biology
- Applied Physiology
- Pathology-15, Pharmacology
- Forensic Medicine
- Social & Preventive Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Obst. & Gynaecology
How to Prepare PGIMER
- Correct strategy & time schedule is the key to crack any exam.
- Prepare a proper time table according to your daily schedule and manage your time equally for all the subjects.
- Gather all the details about the syllabus and cover every single topic in your preparation.
- Find out the best books and study materials for preparations.
- Practice from previous year question papers it will help you to know more about the exam pattern.
- Take healthy & nutritious diet and do exercise & yoga it will help you to remain physically fit.