11+ Points on Road Safety for Students & Children which must be followed
Road safety is important for each and every person and it must be paid proper attention by everyone on earth. Whether the person is using vehicles or not. The children and students are mostly at the risk of road accidents, big or small injuries and even death because of the lack of adult’s attention. We must make them aware of the road safety rules and measures at their early ages. It should be the duty of parents and teachers to teach them properly under their supervision.
Needs of Road Safety:
Mostly the road accidents cases in which children are involved, so they are at high risk than other age group people. They need road safety knowledge and education from their early ages. It can be started from homes and schools by adding this subject to their syllabus. The important points are mentioned below proving the fact that why road safety is so important for kids and children.
- As the children are very small and no one knows that what they will do next at home or another crowded place especially road during traffic.
- They are innocent, they cannot judge the vehicles speed moving on the road.
- The drivers also cannot understand their mood to move on the road.
- They cannot judge how often vehicles can come on the empty road.
- They will try to cross the road from anywhere as they don’t know the proper place to cross the road.
- They become fearful soon and do not understand what they should do when they see vehicles coming to their direction.
Rules for Children:
The road safety rules help in protecting the children from road accidents by making them responsible pedestrian on the road
- Parents must give the knowledge to their children about the rules of the road safety. They must be extra attentive and look everywhere (left and right) before crossing the road street.
- They should never run on the roads, should not be in hurry or leaving parents hand and be calm.
- Children should always cross the roads by holding hands of their elders or friends.
- They need to be more cautious on the road without getting distracted by anything.
- They should always go out with their parents and follow to use the left side on the roads where sidewalks are unavailable.
- They must be taught to only cross the roads at crossroads after seeing traffic signals for pedestrians.
- They must be aware of the meaning of traffic lights and importance of traffic signs on the roads.
- They should use the rear side of the passenger seat while getting out of a car or bus.
- Children must be taught that not to play on the roads or other places out Playing zone.
- They should wear the helmet and use all the measures while riding the bicycle on the roads by ensuring the power functions of brakes, horns, and steering.
- They should not use earphone or other music listening instruments while riding the bicycle on the road.
- Parents may teach their child in a better way by wearing seat-belts while driving a car or helmet while driving a bike anytime. Parents should follow all the road safety rules and road traffic rules while driving vehicle to set a good example in front of their children as they are the first example in children’s life.
So, the road safety is very important for everyone to be safe and secure as well as to reduce the number of road accidents and injury cases. So please everyone should strictly follow the road safety rules and traffic rules, and also make aware to your children to follow the rules and regulations.