The abbreviation of SNAP is Symbiosis National Aptitude Test.SNAP Exam is a University level examination which is conducted by Symbiosis University. This exam is mandatory for the candidates who are seeking admission in MBA (Managment courses) which are offered by Institutions associated with Symbiosis International University.
After clearing the SNAP examination, The candidate has to give the Written Ability Test and Personal Interview tests, which is organized by the institutions for admission.
On the basis of SNAP examination, Marks secured in the entrance test, Candidate is eligible to take the admission into the MBA programme in the successive academic year.
The score of SNAP Exam is valid to take the admission into the 15 Institutes of Symbiosis Internation University.
Here in this article candidate can check the information related to SNAP examination like Registration, Exam Date, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Eligibility.
SNAP 2018-19 Exam Dates
SNAP Examination is conducted once a year which is organized by Symbiosis Internation University.Exam dates are declared by SIU every year in the month of November. Candidates are requested to check the dates properly which will give accuracy in their preparation.
Online registration occurs in the month of August and exam held in November or December. The dates are tentative, So candidates are requested to cross check with the official Notification.
|10th August 2017|
|Last date for registration & payment||24th November 2017|
|Availability of admit card||1st – 17th December 2017|
|Exam date||17th December 2017|
|Result Announcement||28th December 2018|
|Announcement of Shortlist for Group Exercise and Personal Interaction||January 2018|
|Group Exercise, Personal Interaction & WAT||February 2018|
|Announcement of First Merit list||February 2018|
|Programme Commencement||June 2018|
SNAP 2017 Registration has been started now. Candidates can register for this exam till 24th November. Click here to register.
SNAP 2018-19 Registration
SNAP registration can be done by the candidates who are seeking to take admission for the MBA courses in Symbiosis University.
The candidate who wants to fill the registration form of SNAP Examination is informed that they can 0nly fill the examination form for registration through online mode only.
No Offline Mode will be available for the candidates.
- Candidates can register themselves for SNAP exam only through online mode.
- SNAP 2017 registration will be commenced in the month of August 2017.
- Candidates can pay the registration fee via credit card and net banking or by cash through the bank challan of Axis Bank or Indian Bank or Demand Draft from any nationalized Bank in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- The registration fee will be Rs. 1500/-.
- Candidates are required to upload their latest scanned colored photograph at the time of registration.
- After filling the application form and payment details, take the print out of the application and send along with the Challan or DD to the address given below:
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27, Tele-fax: 020-39116228
SNAP Exam (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test ) Eligibility
SNAP exam which held every year organized by SIU for admissions into MBA courses. Candidates are requested to check out the complete SNAP Eligibility Criteria which is officially declared by Symbiosis International University.
Candidates fail to get the complete SNAP exam eligibility criteria which harms them while taking admission to the Institute. Hence you are requested to check out the complete Eligibility criteria for the SNAP exam.
Below we have given the SNAP Exam eligibility criteria, Must Check it out.
- Candidates must have cleared graduation from any statutory/ recognized University or institution by securing the minimum of 50% marks (for general candidates) and 45% (for SC/ST candidates).
- If candidates have passed their qualifying exam from Foreign University, they must obtain an equivalence certificate from the AIU.
- Foreign National (FN), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Non-Resident Indian (NRI) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates who have completed their qualifying degree from any foreign university or the institution must obtain the equivalent certificate from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
SNAP Exam Pattern
Exam pattern of SNAP is pen paper based entrance examination which happens every year. Candidates are requested to check out the complete exam pattern as It will be helpful in their preparation of SNAP exam.
SNAP examination duration is two hours and Paper will contain 150 objective type multiple choice question. The candidate has to opt the correct answer from the multiple four questions.
Candidates are requested to take the Blue or Black Bal;l pen for the exam.
Here we have given complete Exam pattern in tabular format for easy navigation of the candidate.
- No of Questions: The question paper will contain total 150 objective type questions.
- Type of Exam: Each question will contain four optional answers, candidates have to choose the right answer.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will carry 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: Each incorrect response will lead to 25% negative marks.
- Duration: The exam duration will be two hours (120 minutes).
- Candidates note down to use only blue or black ball point pen to answer.
The SNAP exam pattern is mentioned below:
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40|
|Current Affairs (of last 2 years)||30|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40|
Seat Reservation in SNAP Exam
As per the UGC (University Grant Commission ) The guidelines of the reservation for the various categories like SC, ST, OBC aNd general are given here been the post. Candidates are requested to check out the complete reservation system of SIU.
1. Within Sanctioned Intake
|SC||15 per cent|
|ST||7.5 per cent|
|DA||3 per cent|
2. Over and Above Intake
|Kashmiri Migrants||Two seats per programme|
|International Candidates||15 per cent|
Candidates belonging to the category other than Open are required to submit valid supporting document(s) at the time of GE-PI and WAT (if shortlisted).
Exam centers of SNAP in various cities
SNAP Exam held every year which is organized throughout the country. Candidates get the center on the basis of first come first serve. Candidates are requested to fill the online registration form in the early stage to get the exam center of their own choice.
SNAP Admit Card
SNAP Exam admit card will be realeds by SIU (Symbosis International University ) in the month of december which can be downloaded from the online portal of SIU.
Candidates can download the admit card till the date of examination but It is advised to the candidates that they must download the Admit card of SNAP as soon as possible.
Candidates have to download the Admit card from the Official website of the University.
Candidates are requested to bring the ASdmit card at the time of test with the Identity proof like PAN Card, Adhar Card, Driving Licence etc.
Candidate must paste a passport size photograph, Coloured photograph on the admit card.
Candidates are requested to keep the admit card safely till the admissions get over.
Candidates are required to carry a photo identity proof along with their SNAP 2017 Admit Card at the exam center. Below mentioned are the acceptable photo identity proofs:
- SNAP Admit Card will be available via online mode.
- The admit card will be available from first week of December till the third week of December.
- Admit Card along with Photo Identity Proof should be carried to the test centre at the time of the test.
- Please ensure that your latest passport size, colored photograph is pasted on the admit card at the place provided for before appearing for the test.
- Preserve the SNAP Hall Ticket 2018 for further processes.
- AADHAAR Card (UID)
- Voter ID Card
- College/Institute Identity Card
- Pan Card
- Driving license
- Credit card with photograph
SNAP Exam Result
The SNAP exam which is conducted in December, the result of SNAP exam will be declared in the month of January. It will be displayed online on the official website and now the physical copy of the result will be sent to the address of the candidate.
After the result of the SNAP exam Candidates will be shortlisted for Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test on the basis of SNAP Score.
- SNAP 2018 Result will be provided to students in the second week of January 2018.
- Candidates can check the result through online mode.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for various rounds like Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test on the basis of SNAP Score.
- The final merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
Final Merit List will be prepared on the following basis which is mentioned below
The final merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
Weightage for Final Merit List
|SNAP Score out of 180 marks scaled down to 50 marks||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
SNAP Application Form
Application form of SNAP exam is going to commence in the month of August (Generally Third or fourth week of the month )
Candidates are requested to fill the application form accurately and avoid mistake as it will create problem to the candidate at the time of admission.
Steps to fill SNAP Application Form
- Candidates require to visit the official website and click on register button.
- Aspirants need to fill in the required details in the application form.
- Candidates must upload their latest coloured passport size photo at the time of online registration for SNAP 2017.
- Aspirants will have to pay the application fee for SNAP 2017.
Note: Any changes in the online application form of SNAP 2017 will be allowed only up to the closing date of registration. No changes will be entertained after closing date under any circumstances.
Application Fee for SNAP
Candidates need to pay a non-refundable exam fee of Rs.1500.
- The mode of application fee payment is through Credit Card, Net Banking, Cash and Demand Draft.
SNAP Score Card
SNAP Exam Scorecard will be realized in the month of January by the Authority on the official website of the university.
The Scorecard will be valid for One year only.
Candidate can download the score card from the official website.The scorecard can be downloaded by entering SNAP ID and password which is provided at the time of registration.
SNAP Answer Key
Answer key will help candidate to roughly check their marks/score of SNAP examination.
Candidate can estimate marks and check answer written in the examination. This will help candidates to prepare for further admission steps.
How to download SNAP Answer Key?
Applicants who all have appeared in SNAP MBA exam can easily check SNAP answers sheet by following the steps stated below:
- First of all visit official site of Symbiosis International University which is www.snaptest.org.
- Go to ‘Latest News’ section given at home page at middle side of the page.
- Now, select appropriate link according to your query.
- Match your Test Sheet Solution and take print out of it for future use.
SNAP Exam Admission Procedure
SNAP exam admission procedure consists of three stages (GE-PIWAT (Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Ability Test).
After these three stages, Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of Marks obtained by the candidate in GE-PIWAT and SNAP. Candidates will be informed about the admission on the basis of Merit list declared by the college.
After the complete procedure of Admission, Candidate has to report to the particular institution regarding the admission and confirm the seat for admission.
- Candidates can go for the admission procedure after releasing of SNAP 2018 result and cut-off.
- The admission procedure is consisting of three stages, i.e. GE-PIWAT(Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test).
- Admissions will be done as per the candidate’s performance in the SNAP exam 2018 & other admission rounds.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates as per their rank and availability of seats in colleges or institution.
SNAP Courses offered
Below is given courses offered by SNAP in India:
SIBM Pune | SCMHRD | SITM | SIMS | SIIB | SIOM Nasik | SIBM Bangalore | SSBF | SIBM Hyderabad
SICSR | SCIT
Media, Communication and Design
SIMC Pune | SSMC Bangalore
Health and Biomedical Sciences
When the result of SNAP examination announced in the month of January, All the 15 Affiliated Institutions of SIU release their respective cutoff for the current academic year.
Cut off marks is the minimum marks required for the candidate to get the admission in the selected institution and further admission procedure will be performed.
The Cutoff of the SNAP varies from institution to institution.
Here is the expected Cutoff of this year of SNAP
SNAP Expected Cut off
|SNAP Participating Institutes||TIME||Career Launcher||Hitbullseye||Vistamind||IMS|
List of SNAP Participating Institutes for this year
There are 15 Affiliated institutes of SIU which are accepting the SNAP exam, score for providing the admission into MBA courses.
|Sl.No||Name of the Participating Institutes||No. of Seats||Name of the MBA Programmes offered|
|1.||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM – Pune)||220||MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)|
|2.||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)||90||MBA (Information Technology)|
|30||M.Sc (Computer Applications)|
|3.||Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)||220||MBA (Infrastructure Management)|
|4.||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||120||MBA (International Business)|
|50||MBA (Agri Business)|
|30||MBA (Energy & Environment)|
|5.||Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)||120||MBA (Telecom Management)|
|6.||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)||120||MBA|
|7.||Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC- Pune)||120||MBA (Communication Management)|
|8.||Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM- Nashik)||120||MBA (Operations Management)|
|9.||Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)||180||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
|10||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)||77||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|11.||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM – Bengaluru)||150||MBA|
|12||Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||80||MBA (Communication Management)|
|13.||Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||50||MBA (Banking and Finance)|
|14.||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||120||MBA|
|15.||Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS)||NA||MBA (Sports Management)|
Note: The above-mentioned seats are based on previous year’s information. The intake may change for the admission to 2018-20 batches.
Address: Symbiosis Test Secretariat,
Gram: Lavale,Tal Mulshi,
District – Pune – 412115
Contact Number: 020-39116226 / 27
SNAP Exam Syllabus
Many time candidates are not aware of the SNAP syllabus so, It is advised that please check out the complete Syllabus of SNAP exam before starting the preparation.
The SNAP syllabus is divided into four sections –
- General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, and Business Scenario
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
The detailed SNAP syllabus is mentioned below:
General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, and Business Scenario
- Current affairs
- World records
- Social issues, etc.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation based on text, graphs, and tables
- Column graphs
- Bar graphs
- Pie chart
- Critical reasoning
- Coding and decoding puzzles
- Line charts, etc.
General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Sentence correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Contextual usage
- Analogies, etc.
Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
- Simple interest and Compound interest
- Venn diagram
- HCF & LCM
- Ratios and Proportion
- Number system, etc.
How to Prepare for SNAP
- Before preparing for exam candidates should have complete knowledge about the syllabus.
- To score good marks in the examination, candidates have to follow the best books and study materials which are available in the market and the internet.
- You can also take help with your teachers and coaching institutions.
- Go through the previous year question papers and do not try new topics at the end.
- Stay stress free and never neglect your health while preparing for exam.