UPSC 2015 Mains Exam Answer Key Civil Service (CSE) IAS Solution
UPSC 2015 Mains Exam Answer Key
Here is the UPSC 2015 Mains Exam Answer Key held on 18 December 2015. This is the toughest exam conducted all over India. A huge number of people who passed the Prelims exam.
Essay Paper (18th December 2015)
GS (General Studies) Paper 1 UPSC Mains)
Each Question is for 12.5 Marks (Total 12.5×20=200)
1. The ancient civilization in Indian sub-continent differed from those of Egypt, Mesopotamia and Greece in that its culture and traditions have been preserved without breakdown to the present day. Comment (12.5M)
2. Mesolithic rock cut architecture of India not only reflects the cultural life of the times but also a fine aesthetic sense comparable to modern painting. Critically evaluate this comment. (12.5M)
3. How difficult would have been the achievement of Indian independence without Mahatma Gandhi? Discuss.
4. Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. B R Ambedkar, despite having divergent approaches and strategies, had a common goal of amelioration of the downtrodden. Elucidate. (12.5M)
5. It would have been difficult for the Constituent Assembly to complete its historic task of drafting the Constitution for Independent India in just three years, but its experience gained with the Government of India Act, 1935.Discuss.(12.5M)
6. Why did the industrial revolution first occur in England? Discuss the quality of life of the people there during the industrialization. How does it compare with that in India at present times?
7. To what extend can Germany be held responsible for causing the two World Wars? Discuss critically.
8. Describe any four cultural elements of diversity in India and rate their relative significance in building a national identity.
9. Critically examine whether growing population is the cause of poverty OR poverty is the mains cause of population increase in India.
10. How do you explain the statistics that show that the sex ratio in Tribes in India is more favourable to women than the sex ratio among Scheduled Castes?
11. Discuss the changes in the trends of labour migration within and outside India in the last four decades.
12. Discuss the positive and negative effects of globalization on women in India?
13. Debate the issue whether and how contemporary movements for the assertion of Dalit identity work towards the annihilation of caste.
14. Explain the factors responsible for the origin of ocean currents. How do they influence regional climates, fishing and navigation?
15. Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata are the three Megacities of the country, but the air pollution is much more serious problem in Delhi as compared to the other two. Why is this so?
16. India is well endowed with fresh water resources. Critically examine why it still suffers from water scarcity.
17. The states of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand are reaching the limits of econological carrying capacity due to tourism. Critically evaluate.
18. How far do you agree that the behaviour of the Indian monsoon has been changing due to humanizing landscape? Discuss.
19. Smart cities in India cannot sustain without smart villages. Discuss this statement in the backdrop of rural-urban integration.
20. What are the economic significances of the discovery of oil in Arctic Sea and its possible environmental consequences?
GS (General Studies) Paper 1 UPSC Mains)
Important Books for UPSC IAS IPS Prelims Exam (Click on Books to buy):
- General Studies Manual Paper-1 2016 (Paper-1 Manual)
- General Studies Paper 2 (2016) (Paper-2 Manual)
- 20 Years IAS Prelims (CSAT) General Studies Topic-wise Solved Papers (1995-2014) (20 Years Solved Papers)
- IAS (Pre.) Solved Papers General Studies (Solved Paper)
- General Knowledge 2016: Latest Who’s Who & Current Affairs: Latest Who’s Who and Current Affairs ( 2016 General Knowledge)
- India 2015 (2015 Current Affairs)
- Manorama Yearbook 2015 (Book & CD) (2015 Current Affairs with CD)
- History of Modern India (History)
- The Wonder That Was India (Culture)
- Geography of India (Geography)
- Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure (Environment)
- INDIAN POLITY 4th Edition (Polity)
- Indian Economy 7th Edition (Economy)
- Science & Technology (Technology)
- Analytical Reasoning (CSAT Paper 2 Analytical Reasoning)
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning ( CSAT Paper 2 Verbal Reasoning)
Important Books for UPSC IAS IPS Mains Exam (Click on Books to buy):
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 1 INDIAN HERITAGE & CULTURE HISTORY & GEOGRAPHY OF THE WORLD & SOCIETY (Reference Manual GS-1)
- History of Modern World (History GS-1)
- Social Problems In India (Indian Society GS-1)
- India After Gandhi: The History of the World’s Largest Democracy (World History GS-1)
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 GOVERNANCE CONSTITUTION, POLITY SOCIAL JUSTICE & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (Reference Manual GS-2)
- Governance for Growth in India (Governance GS-2)
- Pax Indica: India and the World of the 21st Century (Foreign Policy GS-2)
- India and the World: Through the Eyes of Indian Diplomats (Foreign Policy GS-2)
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 3 TECHNOLOGY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BIODIVERSITY ENVIRONMENT, SECURITY & DISASTER MANAGEMENT (Reference Manual GS-3)
- India’s National Security: A Reader (Critical Issues in Indian Politics) (National Security GS-3)
- Internal Security & Disaster Management: GS Paper 3 (Internal Security GS-3)
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 4 ETHICS INTEGRITY & APTITUDE (Reference Manual GS-4)
- Contemporary Essays for Civil Services Examination (Essay)
- 151 Essays (Essay)
Important Books for UPSC IAS IPS Interview Exam (Click on Books to buy):
- Interviews The Last Basic Tips On facing Civil Services Personality Test (Interview Basics)
- CIVIL SERVICES INTERVIEW: HOW TO EXCEL (How to face Interview)
- What…? When…? How…? Answers to All Questions About Civil Services (Interview) (Interview Questions)