UPSC Mains Exam – General Studies (GS) 3 Paper 4 Syllabus Civil Service
While preparing for UPSC General Studies 3 Paper Aspirants need to analyze the following main areas to score flying colors:
– Economic Development
– Security and Disaster Management.
For more details over these subjects candidates should go through below topics:
1) Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
2) Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
3) Government Budgeting.
4) Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country
- Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage
- Transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints
- E-technology in the aid of farmers
You may love to read >>> Indian Polity and Governance for UPSC
5) Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices
- Public Distribution System
- Issues of buffer stocks and food security
- Technology missions
- Economics of animal-rearing.
6) Food processing and related industries in India
- Scope and significance
- Upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
7) Land reforms in India.
8) Effects of liberalization on the economy change in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Railways etc.
You can also Read >> Mental Preparation for Civil Examination
10) Investment models.
11) Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
12) Achievements of Indians in science & technology
- Indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
13) Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nanotechnology, biotechnology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
14) Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
15) Disaster and disaster management.
16) Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
17) The role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
18) Challenges to internal security through communication networks
- The role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges
- Basics of cyber security
- Money-laundering and its prevention
19) Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
20) Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate.
You may also Read >>>>> Tips for Preparing UPSC while Doing JOB
For more detailed reference go through the following Books for General Studies Paper 3
- NCERT Class X
- Understanding Economic Development
- NCERT Class XI
- Indian Economic Development (All Chapters 1 to 10) and NCERT Class XII
- NCERT Class VIII Geography text
- Resources and Development.
- Science &Technology for Civil Services Examinations by A.K. Singh.
- Science and Technology in India (Spectrum).
- Security Management: UPSC Civil Services Main Examination by Shamna Hussain.
- Biodiversity, Environment, and Disaster Management: UPSC Civil Services Main Examination by Shamna Hussain