UPSC MCQs Quiz 10: Indian Economy with answers
1. With reference to the Finance Commission of India, which of the following statements is correct?[IAS 2011]
- It encourages the inflow of foreign capital for infrastructure development
- It facilitates the proper distribution of finance among the public sector undertakings
- It ensures transparency in financial administration
- None of the above
2 Which one of the following is the objective of social forestry which is started by Indian Government?
- To increase green coverage
- To create more employment opportunities
- To reduce urbanisation in rural areas
- To produce raw material for rayon and match factories
3.Who was the Chairman of the 13th Finance Commission of India?
- Indira Rajaraman
- C Rangarajan
- Vijay Kelkar
- None of the above
4 Which one of the following areas is associated with Shale gas which is estimated to be abundantly found in India?
- Off-shore rocks
- Ignitious rocks
- Sedimentary rocks
- Marsh land
5. How much percentage of the cost incurred in the Indira Awas Yojana Scheme for rural housing is shared between Centre and States?
- 50 : 50
- 65 : 35
- 75 : 25
6. Which one of the following regions of India is not connected to the Integrated Power Transmission Grid ‘National Grid’ synchronously?
- Northern region
- Eastern region
- North-Eastern region
- Southern region
7. Which one of the following Service Organisations is the subsidiary of the National Civil Aviation India Limited (Air India)?
- Alliance Air
- Air India Charters Limited
- Inter Globe Aviation Limited
- Both ‘a’ and ‘b’
8. Which one of the following statements is incorrect?
- Power generation capacity addition during the XI Plan would be about 74000 MW
- In its mid-term review, the Planning Commission had reduced power generation capacity addition target by over 20% to 62374 MW, from 78577 MW
- During the X Plan 21080 MW was added against the target of 41000 MW
- ‘Bachat Lamp Yojana’ was launched with incandescent bulbs are replaced by energy efficient CFL’s bulbs in the country. This will result in a saving of 5000 MW of power
9. Which of the following is used for the measurement of distribution of income?
- Laffer Curve
- Engel’s Law
- Gini-Lorenz Curve
- Philip Curve
10. Select the correct answer about the Indian states in Health-Sector
- Kerala is the best performer in term of life expectancy at birth (both male and female) in last decade
- Madhya Pradesh the worst in terms of life expectancy at birth (both male and female) in last five years
- The highest birth rate in India is found in Goa
- Both the statements given in ‘a’ and ‘b’ are correct
- 1 . (d)
- 2. (c)
- 3. (c)
- 4. (c)
- 5. (c)
- 6. (d)
- 7. (d)
- 8. (d)
- 9. (c)
- 10. (d)