UPSC MCQs Quiz 14: History with answers
1. At Kalibangan, a ploughed field showing furrows in two directions cutting each other at right angles shows that
- it was meant for single crop pattern
- it was mainly for planting trees
- it was a method of cropping two different plants on the same field
- it was meant for crop rotation
2. Which of the following is not true about Lothal?
- A dockyard was discovered
- The lower town was fortified
- A seal was discovered depicting a ship
- Rectangular and circular fire altars
3. A burial practice similar to that of Megalithic burial has been found at
4. In which Upanishad is mentioned ‘Satyamev Jayate’?
- Chandogya Upanishad
- Prasana Upanishad
- Isa Upanishad
- Mundaka Upanishad
5. Which of the following show the ascending order?
- Kula, Grama, Vis, Jana, Rashtra
- Rashtra, Jana, Vis, Grama, Kula
- Vis, Jana, Grama, Kula, Rashtra
- Kula, Vis, Jana, Grama, Rashtra
6. Who among the following cultures were the first to paint their pottery?
- Iron age
7. Which one of these is used as common feature of Megalithic burial customs?
For Hindi Version of IAS Paper Website http://www.ias.net.in/hindi Click here to visit
- In all graves pottery, and particulary Black and Red ware, is found
- In almost every excavated grave some objects of iron occur
- Among the most common tools are flat iron axes, often with crossed iron bands for hafting
- Among the grave goods copper, bronze and gold objects are equally common
8. Which of the following is a characteristic feature of the East Indian Neolithic?
- It is based on barley
- It is based on barley and wheat
- It is based on rice
- Did not produce any cereal crop
9. Which of the following is the latest site found?
10. Which of the following statements about Harappan Civilisation is true?
- Harappan culture was famous for its distinguished system of town planning.
- The most important public place in Mohenjodaro seems to be great bath.
- Granary was the largest building of Mohenjodaro.
- The use of baked bricks in Harappan cities is remarkable.
- 1. (c)
- 2. (b)
- 3. (a)
- 4. (d)
- 5. (a)
- 6. (b)
- 7. (d)
- 8. (c)
- 9. (a)
- 10. (c)