UPSC MCQs Quiz 4: Indian Ecomony with answers
1. What percentage of the total population of the world resides in India, as estimated in 2011?
2. Which of the following factors is accounted in the calculation of gross Domestic Product of a country in the expenditure method?
- Private consumption
- Gross investments and government spending
- Net expenditure of the expenditure on export and import
- All of the above
3. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of contribution to Gross Domestic Product in India by the various sectors of the economy in last ten-years?
4. What is the percentage of the constituent of the population of the working age group (15-64 years) in the Indian economy?
- Less than 25%
- Less than 50%
- More than 50 %
- More than 75%
5. Which one of the following statements is/are correct about the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)?
- It provides connectivity to all the unconnected habitations of more than 1000 persons in the rural areas by good quality ali-weather roads
- It was launched in 2005 as a fully funded centrally sponsored scheme
- It provides connectivity to all unconnected habitations of more than 250 persons in the hilly and desert areas by good quality all-weather roads
- Both ‘a’ and ‘c’
6. Which one of the following schemes subsumed the Valmiki Awas Yojana?
For Hindi Version of IAS Paper Website http://www.ias.net.in/hindi Click here to visit
- Integrated Housing and Slum Development Programme (IHSDP)
- Sampoorna Grameen Swarozgar Yojana (SGSRY)
- Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY)
- Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP)
7. Which one of the following is the objective of the Special Accelerated Road Development Programme for North-East Region (SARDPNE)
- To improve the road connectivity remote places and places of strategic importance in NE region
- To establish the 4-lane ring-ringg model of highways connection a state capitals of NE region
- To upgrade National Highways connecting all State Capitals to 2/4 lane and provide connectivity of state district headquarters
- Both a and c
8. Which one of the following shares of the total traffic is handled by major ports in India?
- Around 50%
- Around 60%
- Around 75%
- Around 85%
9. What is the position of India in the term of proven coal reserves in the world?
10. Which one of the following sectors is the major contribution towards the Gross Domestic Saving in India in recent time?
- Public sector
- Private sector
- Corporate sector
- Household sector
- 1. (b)
- 2. (d)
- 3. (d)
- 4. (c)
- 5. (c)
- 6. (a)
- 7. (d)
- 8. (c)
- 9. (d)
- 10. (d)