Latest Applications Open 2024:
JEST 2024 Application Form will be available in January 2024. JEST 2024, the Joint Entrance Screening Test, is a preliminary screening test for admission to M.Sc, PhD, Integrated / M.Sc / M.Tech., Neuroscience, or Computational Biology, PhD programs in the participating institutes. The Science & Engineering Research Board conducts the test.
Applicants who want to be admitted into PhD and Integrated PhD programs from participating institutions apply for the JEST examination. Several premier research institutes conduct JEST.
This is a National Level exam, which is also considered as National Eligibility Test (NET) and is held every year.
JEST 2024 Application Form – Available Soon
- Applications for JEST 2024 can be Submitted Online Only.
- The Last Date for Online Submission of the Application is February 2024.
- Before filling out the Online Application Form, the candidate is requested to read the following Instructions Carefully.
Online Application Form
To apply online, applicants must create an account using a valid email id. This account will remain valid from the time of account creation until one month after the date of the declaration of results for that year.
Email IDs are linked to the created account and the application and will be used for all communications with the applicants. Therefore, the email should be active and must not be changed during this period.
To apply online, applicants must log in to the created account and complete the Application Form. After submission, a unique submission number will be sent to your email. Please save all the emails sent to you, and the applicant must quote the unique submission number for any communication with the JEST 2024 authority.
The Steps for Submission of Online Application Form
- Register yourself before you log in. It is assumed that you already have an email id.
- To register, the candidate must click the “register to appear for the exam” link on the Homepage. You will receive an email with your account information after registering with a valid email id. Follow the instructions given in the email for resetting your password and further logging.
- Login to the JEST homepage with your username (email) and password. Please fill out the form and save it, or modify an already saved form. Press the “Submit Application” button ONLY when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
- Upload jpg files of your Passport size photo and Scanned Signature.
- Pay the application fee online using SBI Epay. Please check the FAQ for details of the payment process.
- After the Online Submission of the Application Form and successful e-payment of the Application fee, your submission procedure will be considered complete. NO modification will be allowed after this.
E-Photo and E-Signature (Photo & Signature)
- While filling up the form, you will be asked to upload jpeg files of your passport-size photograph and your signature. The size of the individual files should not exceed 50 Kilobytes. Crop out the extra white portion from the background surrounding the image to retain clarity.
- Before uploading your photo and signature files, make sure you have given it a good name. File names should use alphabets, underscores, and numbers only. Special characters such as spaces, (, #, &, punctuation, etc., should not be used in filenames. If you use a logical naming system, like loginname_date_photo.jpg or loginname_date_sig.jpg, then it will be printed without any errors.
- If the jpeg file of your photo, which will be taken with a camera, exceeds the limit, you should compress the file size using compression software available on websites such as http://jpeg-optimizer.com and http://www.imageoptimizer.net.
- Your signature can be scanned with a digital scanner and saved as a jpeg file for uploading. In case this file size produced by the scanner Exceeds the 100 kB limit, you can compress it using the same tools as explained above.
- Please make sure the image type is jpeg. For checking, right-click and go to the properties of the file being uploaded.
The Dimensions of the image files should be the following.
- Minimum of 100 X 125 pixels or maximum of 240 x 300 pixels (width x height) for Photo and 150 x 30 pixels (width x height) for Signature.
- Please check ALL the properties of these image files before uploading.
- An Application Fee of Rs. 300 (Rs 150 for SC/ST, Female applicants ONLY) must be paid along with the application, which can be paid online using Debit/Credit cards and net banking. Payment by any other mode will NOT be accepted. Please check the Available Payment Options and Transaction Charges.
- Application Fee is waived for FEMALE applicants belonging to SC/ST. They need not pay the application fee.
- Please review the refund policy (new tab) before paying the application fee.
- The fee payment will imply your agreement with the stated refund policies.
Post-submission of the Application form
- Upon submitting the ON-LINE Application Form, you will receive an e-mail with the following information from the JEST Website.
Application data after final submission containing Unique Submission Number and filled-in data.
- Please save this e-mail for further correspondence with the JEST authority.
- If you do not receive the above-mentioned e-mail after submission of the Application Form and the successful e-payment of the application fee, contact the JEST authority.
- The JEST 2024 Admit Card will be available on the JEST webpage in the 4th week of February 2024. Bring a printout of the downloaded admit card and one of your photo IDs for entry into the examination centre. Admit cards will NOT be sent by post/email.
If you have any queries regarding How to Fill out the JEST 2024 Application Form, you can ask your query and leave comments below.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.