Latest Applications Open 2024:
UCEED 2025 Notification will be Released in the 4th week of September 2024. UCEED – Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design is an exam that IIT Bombay conducts. This exam is a UG ( undergraduate ) level exam. The candidates can apply for it by filling out an application form on the official website.
This National level entrance exam provides UG course design. The candidates can apply for the course of the B.Des program in any of the following IITs- IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur.
This exam would be conducted online, and the application form would be available online. All the details will be given on the official website, and all the other details are given below.
UCEED 2025 Quick Links
UCEED 2025 Highlights
|Name of the Examination
|Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design
|UCEED, IIT Bombay
|3rd week of January 2025
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
|No Negative Marking for Sections 1 & 2 and (-1) for Section 3
UCCED 2025 Important Dates
Dates play the most important role for any candidate. The dates for the UCEED exam will be released on the official website only. The UCEED 2025 exam will be in January 2025 and all the other dates are in the table below:
|Online Registrations start from
|4th week of September 2024
|Online Registrations end on
|2nd week of November 2024
|Last date for Registration with late fees
|3rd week of November 2024
|Availability of Admit Card
|2nd week of January 2025
|Date of Examination
|4th week of January 2025
|Availability of Answer Key
|4th week of January 2025
|Dates for correction of Answer Key
|4th week of January 2025
|Declaration of Result
|2nd week of March 2025
|Application for B.Des program
|4th week of March 2025
UCEED 2025 Application Form
The application form is the first official step a candidate takes toward an exam. The application process is also a very crucial step. The application form for UCEED 2025 will be released online on the official website only.
The candidates are advised to fill in the application form carefully so that their form does not get cancelled. All the other details are given below.
- The application form for the UCEED 2025 will be available online on the official website.
- The start date to submit the application form online is the 4th week of September 2024.
- The last date to submit the application form will be on the 2nd week of November 2024.
- An applicant should not fill out more than one application form as it is not allowed for any candidate.
- All the Candidates who are filling out the application form will have to upload all the mentioned documents in the online application form correctly.
- The candidates will have to fill in their information very carefully to avoid any problems in the further exam procedures.
- Make sure to fill in your details such as Name, Date of birth, and address in the application form.
- You will have to upload all your documents which are required in the application form very carefully and they should be in the format prescribed in the application form.
- Make sure to not forget to note down your registration number, User ID, and Password as they will be asked to download your admit card.
- Candidates must take out the printout of the application form as they have completed the application form.
- No Candidates will have to send any hard copies to the conducting body.
UCEED 2025 Application Fee
Application fees are one of the crucial steps and none of the candidates should miss this step. The application fee is set by the official conducting authority and every candidate has to pay the application fee if it is mentioned.
If the candidates submit the application form without paying the application fee then their application form would be canceled. The application fees for UCEED 2025 are given below.
|Female Candidates (all categories)
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates
|All Other Candidates
|Foreign Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
|Candidates from SAARC countries
|US $ 350
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
|US $ 450
- The registration fees shown above do NOT include service charges, processing fees, and/or any other charges that the banks may charge.
- A late fee of ₹ 500/US $ 50 applies to candidates registering after the closing date.
UCEED 2025 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are set by the conducting authorities of the exam. This criterion is the same for every candidate and every candidate has to follow it no matter what. The eligibility criteria for the UCEED 2025 are given below.
It is suggested that the candidates check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form because if you cannot fill the eligibility criteria then your application form can be cancelled.
The candidates should be Indian.
- The candidates who belong to the category of general/OBC/NCL category should be born after October 1995.
- The candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PWD category should be born on or after 1st October 1990.
The candidates who have completed their class 12th or equivalent examination or the candidates appearing for the class 12th exam in 2025 are eligible for the UCEED 2025 exam.
A candidate can apply for this exam only two times and in consecutive years.
Candidates from all streams such as science, commerce, arts, and humanities are eligible to take the exam.
Candidates appearing in the final examination on the 12th exam of 2025 can also apply for the UCEED 2025.
UCEED 2025 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern is set by the conducting authority and it might be changed every year. Exam pattern includes a lot of important information for exams. Candidates who are preparing for UCCED 2025 should not forget to take a look at the exam pattern.
The exam pattern for UCEED 2025 is given below.
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Negative marking: 0 mark would be deducted for every negative answer in section A and section B and section C, and 1 mark would be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Marking scheme: 4 marks would be given for every right answer in sections A and B and 3 marks would be given in section C.
- Total Marks: 300 marks
- Language: English
|No. of Questions
|Marks if correct
|Marks if wrong
UCEED 2025 Syllabus
The syllabus is the most crucial part of the exam. The fate of every candidate depends on how well they prepare the syllabus for the exam. The candidates are advised to prepare for the syllabus as soon as they fill out the application form.
The syllabus for UCEED 2025 is given below.
- Visualization and Spatial Ability: Diagrammatic questions & pictorial questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 3D objects and 2D shapes and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity: The candidate’s ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, and situations, and to think critically about them, people, and events will be checked. Also through this section, the candidate’s ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties & aesthetic outcomes will be seen.
- Environmental and Social Awareness: Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artefact, socially responsible, sculpture, and history of art and literature. General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, water, population, vegetation, etc.
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning: The candidate’s ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative, and discern patterns within the information will be checked.
- Language and Creativity: Students’ ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to understand and use Standard English, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box, reading comprehension, and knowledge of English grammar will be seen in this section.
- Design thinking and problem: In this section, the ability to use metaphors and visual analogies, the ability to understand complexity, signs, and symbols, identify the problem, evaluate options, and select solutions to generate alternatives will be checked, etc
- Drawing: Ability to draw people, scenes, or products, in proportion with good line quality perspective composition, proportion, and shading.
UCEED 2025 Preparation Tips
Exam preparation is not an easy process and to score good marks a candidate has to prepare for months. This exam is not an easy one so along with hard work you also need preparation tips.
The candidates should read the preparation tips for the exam carefully and then start the preparation for the exam. The preparation tips for UCEED 2025 are given below.
- The candidates should start preparing the moment they get the syllabus and dates for the exam to not waste any time.
- You can plan out your time accordingly so that you do not miss out on any important topics from the syllabus as every point is important.
- You can make a timetable as well to sort and plan the syllabus and prepare each topic accordingly.
- You can check previous year’s question papers to get an idea of what kind of questions would be asked in the UCEED 2025 exam.
- Make sure to start preparing on time so that you do not feel burdened before the exam due to the excess syllabus.
- Revision is the key to acing this exam, so revise the topics as you cover them so that you do not forget them before the exam.
- Revise thoroughly before exams at least once as it will help you revise what you have learned in the syllabus as per topics.
- You can also solve mock tests and sample papers to check how well you have prepared for the exam and can revise the topics you got wrong.
- You can also make your notes while you study for the exam for a better understanding of topics.
- Read the syllabus carefully to get the idea and do not miss any topic.
- Give your best and be confident in what you have studied for the exam and do not take the stress.
UCEED 2025 Books
Books are the easiest and the most effective source to prepare for exams. Every candidate should prepare to form the books. The UCEED 2025 books are given below.
|Name of the book
|UCEED (BDes) Entrance Books and Test Series
|Analytical Reasoning, Mental Aptitude, Verbal Aptitude (UCEED Guide)
|Institute Of Creative Sciences
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
|Comprehensive English for NID, NIFT, UCEED, CEED, NATA, B.Arch & Other Design Entrance Exams
|Cracking CEED & UCEED (with Previous Years’ Papers and Mock Tests)
|Ashok Goel and Arjun Kamal
|UCEED (B.Des) Entrance Books and Test Series
|Cracking CEED & UCEED (with Previous Years’ Papers and Mock Tests)
|Ashok Goel and Arjun Kamal
|UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective Combined With Mental & Verbal Aptitude
UCEED 2025 Admit Card
The applicants who have filled out the application form and paid the application fees will only be the ones who will get access to their admit card. The candidates who have not filled out the application form and paid the application cannot get the admit card.
The admit card for UCEED 2025 will be available from January 2025. The candidates can access their admit card online on the official website only. After the candidate has downloaded the admit card, make sure to take a printout.
The candidates will have to carry the admit card to the exam hall and if they fail to do so they will not be allowed to give the exam. An admit card is also needed for further processes. The candidates also need to bring their registered ID proof to the exam hall as well.
UCEED 2025 Answer Key
The answer for UCEED 2025 will be released in January 2025. They can get access to the answer key on the official website only. The answer key would be in a PDF format and candidates can download that.
The UCEED 2025 authority also provides an objection facility to the candidates if they have any queries in the answer key. The dates for challenging the answer key would be released on the official website and the candidates would have to do that in the given period. After this, the final answer key for UCEED 2025 will be released on the official website only.
UCEED 2025 Result
The UCEED 2025 result will be released in March 2025. The result would be released online on the official website only. After the result is released the merit list will be prepared.
The candidates would need to enter their Email ID and password to get access to the UCEED 2025 results. All the other details will be released on the official website only.
UCEED 2025 Merit list
The merit list for the UCEED 2025 exam will be released some days after the result is declared. The merit list is in combined form for all the candidates who took the exam. After the merit list is released, the candidates would get ranks as per the marks secured by them.
UCEED Cut Off
The UCEED cut-off marks will be released online only. Various factors will affect the cut-off marks like No. of candidates, the total number of qualified candidates, etc. The candidates can get access to the list on the official website.
The cut-off list for every category would be published separately. It would also be released as per the seat matrix as per the institutions participating.
UCEED 2025 Counselling
The candidates who will score above the cut-off will be shortlisted and given ranks as per their results. After that, those shortlisted candidates would be invited to counselling sessions. When at counseling the candidates will be given the chance to select their preferences as per the rank they achieved.
As per the candidate’s score and their rank on the merit list the official authority will allot them the seats in their preferred institution and course. The candidates will also have to report to the centre for counselling in the given period.
For B.Des candidates will have to upload these documents as well.
- scanned copies of their signature
- UCEED mark sheet
- another educational document
- caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL Certificate Certificate, and OCI/PIO Card).
If you have any queries regarding UCEED 2025, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.