Latest Applications Open 2024:
MAT 2023 December Session Registration has been Started on 12th October 2023. September Result has been Declared now. MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test conducted nationally by the All India Management Association (AIMA). Reportedly, the exam is conducted four times yearly in February, May, September, and December. As the name suggests, the exam is conducted to provide admission in the Postgraduate Management Programmes, including MBA, PGDM, etc.
AIMA, known as the All India Management Association, is a superior body responsible for all the management professions in India. Candidates who desire to take part in this ruptured test can go through this article carefully and check all the details related to the MAT exam. Several institutions allow students to take admission based on their MAT scores in MBA courses.
The article provides information regarding eligibility, syllabus, highlights, patterns, etc. MBA is one of the sought-after courses. Many pursue this course and attain skills and proficiency in their desired field. MBA stands for Master of Business Administration and there are different fields under the course, such as Finance, HR, marketing, operations, etc. Let us look at the exam in some detail.
MAT 2023 Notification – Dec. Registration Started
MAT 2023 Quick links
|MAT Notification||MAT Important Dates|
|MAT Application Form||How to Apply MAT Application Form|
|MAT Admit Card||MAT Result|
|MAT Eligibility||MAT Exam Pattern|
|MAT Syllabus||MAT Selection Procedure|
|MAT Participating Institutes||–|
MAT 2023 Highlights
Here are specific crucial highlights of the MAT exam that the candidates should understand before filling out the application form. This tabular representation provides an overview of the exam and helps you attain sufficient knowledge regarding the crucial aspects of the exam.
The table here provides information about the level, frequency, mode of the exam, purpose of the exam, etc. Candidates who will fill out the form are requested to review this table once and grasp the necessary information. Let us take a look at the table given below.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
|Name of the Exam||Management Aptitude Test (MAT)|
|Name of the Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Level of the Exam||National Level|
|Frequency of the Exam||Four times in a year, namely February, May, September, and December|
|Mode of the Exam||Computer Based Test, Internet Based Test, Paper Based Test|
|Fees of the Exam||INR 1,650|
|Purpose of the Exam||To provide admissions to different MBA colleges in India|
|Mode of application submission||Online Mode|
|Type of Exam||Postgraduate Level|
MAT 2023 Exam Dates
The portrayal of the tentative schedule of the exam is given below. Candidates can take a look at the dates of the exam and begin their preparation accordingly. They must also take note of the same and jot down the dates of importance.
The exam dates are fixed and released by the conducting authorities and are not changed unless certain unavoidable circumstances arise. Let us take a look at the dates of the exam.
For December Session Important Dates
For Paper Based Test
|Registration begins||12th October 2023|
|Last date for registration|| |
5th December 2023
|Admit card release|| |
7th Decmeber 2023
|Exam date|| |
9th December 2023
|Declaration of result||December 2023|
For Computer Based Test
|Application form released||12th October 2023|
|Last date to apply|
28th November 2023 for CBT-I
11th December 2023 for CBT-II
|Admit card release||30th November 2023 for CBT-I |
13th December 2023 for CBT-II
3rd December 2023 for CBT-I
16th December 2023 for CBT-II
|Declaration of result||December 2023|
MAT 2023 Application Form
Application forms and the registration process start on the official website on a particular date. Candidates must ensure they complete the application form carefully and on time to avoid any last-minute hurdles.
Below are certain relevant points related to the application form and registration process. Let us take a look.
- All the candidates can apply for the exam only in online mode. Candidates will not be able to apply in an offline manner.
- As per the latest information, the MAT 2023 registration process will start in the first week of December 2022.
- The application form should be filled out carefully and reviewed twice before the final submission to avoid any silly mistakes.
- While filling out the application form, candidates must upload scanned copies of their passport-size photographs and signatures in the format mentioned in the application form.
- According to the latest information, the last date for submitting the application form is January 2023.
- The mode of submitting the application fee is only online through debit cards, credit cards, internet banking, etc.
- Finally, the candidates must take the printout of the application form and the receipt of the payment for any future reference.
How to fill out the Application Form?
It is really easy to fill out the application form and submit it. We have mentioned the required steps to help you complete the application form. Please have a look.
- Firstly, register yourself on the official website with a valid mobile number and an email ID by verifying through an OTP.
- Once the registration is done, Candidates can log in to their accounts to complete the registration procedure and finally click on the submit option.
- Moving ahead, choose the mode of the exam, the centre of your choice, and mode of payment, and also make the payment using a debit card, credit card, net banking, wallet or UPI. Finally, click on save and move ahead.
- Then, you must upload the required photographs, documents, and signatures in the prescribed format and mode.
- All the candidates must fill in their personal information, educational qualifications, experiences, and choices of their institutes. You can also edit your application form using your login credentials with the help of the same email ID, DOB, and password and save your application form.
MAT 2023 Form Correction
Candidates must note that the form correction facility will not be provided once the application form is submitted and the last date is over.
Therefore, you are requested to submit the application form only after filling in the details carefully and trying to commit any mistakes. The correction facility will not be available under any circumstances.
MAT 2023 Application Fees
There is no denying that application fees need to be paid only in the mode prescribed for the final submission of the application form. If candidates fail to pay the application fee within the stipulated time, sadly, they won’t be allowed to appear in the exam as their form remains rejected.
- Application fees must be paid online using debit, credit cards, and Internet banking.
- The application fees, once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The fee varies according to the exam mode, and they are as follows.
|Mode of Exam||Application Fee|
|Both PBT and CBT||Rs 3100/-|
MAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It is of prime importance for everyone to consider the required eligibility criteria if they want to apply for the form.
One needs to review the eligibility conditions and ensure they are suitable for the application submission. Some of the crucial conditions that are needed as part of eligibility criteria are as follows.
- Educational Qualification: All the candidates who wish to apply for MAT 2023 must have passed graduation from a recognized institute in any stream.
- Age Limit: No particular age limit has been prescribed for the candidates to appear in the exam. Candidates belonging to any age group can apply for the exam.
- Appearing candidates: The good thing is that all the candidates appearing for the final year graduation exam will also be eligible to apply for MAT 2023.
- Number of Attempts: You can apply for the exam as many times as you wish if you fulfil the conditions.
- Level of the Exam: The exam is conducted on a national level basis.
MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
A detailed and clear understanding of the exam pattern helps the candidates crack the exam accurately. One should go through the exam pattern and prepare accordingly instead of simply studying in bits and parts. The exam pattern of this exam is described below. You can reference the same and try to align your strategy with the exam pattern mentioned.
- Exam Mode: There are three different modes of exam, namely Computer Based Test (CBT), Paper Based Test (PBT), and finally IBT. Candidates can opt for any one mode for their exam.
- Questions Type: All the questions are going to be objective. You need to select the most appropriate answer.
- Duration of the Exam: The entire exam will be 2 and a half hours.
- Sections: As per the latest pattern, there are 5 sections in the paper. All the sections are mandatory.
- Total number of Questions: There will be 200 questions in the exam. One should attempt all of them.
- Marking scheme: The correct answer will be awarded one mark and a negative mark of 0.25 for every incorrect answer.
Apart from this, let us look at the exam’s subject-wise distribution. This will help you to gain a more clear idea.
|Subject||No. of Question|
|Language and Comprehension||40|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
MAT 2023 Syllabus
The knowledge of the syllabus is the first step towards the preparation of any particular examination. One cannot simply begin to study anything but one needs to study the required topics and gain the required knowledge. If you are well aware of the syllabus then you can frame your preparation accordingly.
The syllabus of the exam is formulated by the exam conducting authorities and candidates must try to cover all the topics of the syllabus. Questions will only be asked about the topics that are mentioned below. You can access the official syllabus through the official notification. Let us look at the detailed syllabus of the exam.
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||
|Indian and Global Environment||
|Intelligence and General Reasoning||
|English and Comprehension||
MAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates must prepare for their exam using certain preparation tips and enhancing their preparation. Below is the representation of some widely proficient and useful preparation tips that can help you boost your knowledge. Let us take a look at the preparation tips.
- The first and foremost step is to form a well-working and useful strategy.
- All the candidates must arrange the MAT books and other materials before beginning their preparation and form a study schedule according to that.
- All the students must practice the questions from mocks, previous years, etc.
- Try to avoid the negative marking as far as possible.
- Candidates should begin practicing mock tests, and practice papers on a regular basis and also analyze the same from time to time.
- Follow the current affairs and read the newspapers every day. Keep yourself updated with the ongoing events of the world.
- You can read different articles and other pieces of writing to improve your comprehension and other English grammar-related rules.
- Try to follow a fixed schedule only. Allocate time to every topic and focus on the weak subjects more.
- Analyze the mock tests carefully and understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Be optimistic regarding the entire examination process.
- Maintain your health well and take out some time for relaxation.
MAT 2023 Books
Follow these best-recommended books in order to prepare well. You can also choose any other book at your convenience. Stick to the best sources for preparation. Some of the books that can be helpful to you are described below.
|Language Comprehension||General Objective English by Arihant Publications Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis English Comprehension for MAT -Disha Publications|
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Modern Approach for Logical Reasoning -R S Aggarwal General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning -Disha Publications Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit K Sinha|
|Mathematical Skills||How to Prepare for QA for CAT -Arun Sharma Quantum CAT -S K Verma Quantitative Aptitude – RS Aggarwal Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude -Dinesh Khattar|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Disha Publications Data Interpretation & Analysis and Data Sufficiency – Kiran Prakashan Publishers|
|Indian and Global Environment||General Knowledge by Lucent Publications General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey Manorama English Yearbook by Mammen Mathew|
MAT 2023 Exam Centers
The exam will be conducted in numerous centers all over India. Choose the exam centers according to your convenience while filling out the application form. Some of the exam centers where the exam is expected to be conducted are as follows.
The exam centers vary for PBT and CBT. make sure that you locate your exam center at least a day before the examination to avoid any last-minute rush or hurdle. take a look at the same.
|Exam Centers for Paper-Based Test|
|Exam Centers for Computer-Based Test|
MAT 2023 Admit Card
Admit card refers to the entry or admission certificate required to attempt the exam. It needs to be carried along with valid ID proof for a smooth entry. The admit card for MAT will be published in the month of February 2023 for the Paper Based Test in an online manner only.
You can easily download the admit card through the application number, your working and valid email ID, and also your date of birth. The admit cards will not be sent using any other method or postal means. Remember that the admit cards must be downloaded from the official website only after checking that all the details are correct.
If you find any discrepancy then you can inform the official authorities using the helpline numbers.
Some of the information available on the admit card are name, location of the exam, roll number, date of the exam, and finally the time of the exam. Follow the instructions that are printed on the admit card.
MAT 2023 Answer Key
The answer keys are published online mode once the exam is conducted successfully. All the candidates should check their raw scores using the answer keys. You can estimate whether you will be selected for the college or not.
MAT 2023 Score Card
As per the latest information, the result for MAT will be released in the month of march 2023 only in an online mode. The official authorities will release the results for PBT, CBT, and IBT using the online mode.
The candidates who appeared in the exam can check their results on the official website. Scorecards can be accessed using the application form number and also the roll number of the candidates. Note that the validity of the MAT scorecard will be for one year only according to the session in which they appeared for the exam.
MAT 2023 Counseling
Counseling is the final stage of any admission process. Here, the counseling is conducted and organized by the different participating institutes. AIMA does not conduct counseling sessions separately for all the candidates. Once the results are declared, counseling will be conducted after that. There will be group discussions and personal interviews in order to select the candidates finally.
All the candidates who manage to qualify for the exam will have to carry different documents for the verification process. All the candidates will be offered admission according to the MAT score, category, and also the number of seats in colleges all over India. Some of the documents that are required to be carried out for the process of counseling are as follows.
- Admit Cards
- Marksheets of classes 10th and 12th
- Marksheet and degree of graduation
- Passport size photograph
- Valid ID proof of the candidate
Some Important FAQs
Question- What type of questions will be asked in the exam?
Ans- All the questions will be objective in nature. Candidates need to select the most appropriate answer.
Question- What is the mode of submitting the application forms?
Ans- According to the latest pattern, the application forms can only be submitted in online mode. No other mode is acceptable.
Question- Is there any age limit to appear in the exam?
Ans- There is no age limit to appear in the exam. Candidates of any age group can apply for the exam.
Question- What is the purpose of conducting the exam?
Ans- The exam allows the candidates to secure admission to different MBA colleges once they are able to clear the exam. The scorecard of MAT is valid for one year.
Question- How many times the exam is conducted in a year?
Ans– The exam is conducted four times in a year namely February, May, September, and December.
If you have any other quires about MAT 2023, you can leave your question below in the comment box.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.