CENTAC Reservation Criteria 2019 – Check Here Category Wise Reservation

CENTAC 2020In keeping with reservation criteria of CENTAC made public by the Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC), 85% (382) of these certified seats will be reserved for contenders in the UT of Puducherry. The remaining 15% seats will be accessible to contenders belonging to other states/ Union Territories (46 positions) and NRI candidates (22 places).

In the event of entrants from UT of Puducherry, there will remain both vertical and horizontal reservation of seats. The upright seat includes reservation of seats for OBC, EBC, SC, ST, MBS, BT, BCM, and general category contenders.

Horizontal reservation, temporarily, covers PH, FF, EX, and SP applicants, and will be implemented if seats set aside for the groups above are empty after the standard admission process.

CENTAC Reservation Criteria: Essential Points

  1. There are overall 480 certified B. Tech seats
  2. Reservation of CENTAC seats will be made following the policy authorized through the Government of Puducherry.
  3. 382 (85%) of these seats will be given to contenders from the UT of Puducherry
  4. Candidates will fulfill the remaining 15% seats from other states / Union Territory (46) and to NRIs (22 places).
  5. If places in NRI or Other State Quota remains vacant, such positions will be occupied by contenders from the UT of Puducherry.

CENTAC 2019 Vertical Reservation

Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2020:

    1. GATE 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    2. IIT JAM 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    3. AIIMS PG 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    4. IIFT 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    5. UGC NTA NET 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    6. XAT MBA 2020 Application Available. Apply Here Online Now.
    7. Bihar TET 2019 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
S.NoCategoryReservation
1General50%
2Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)2%
3Other Backward Classes (OBC)11%
4Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)2%
5Schedule Caste (SC)16%
6Backward Tribes (BT) – 1%1%
7Most Backward Classes (MBC)18%

Scheduled Casts Candidates (SC):

Candidates seeking under SC category need to produce the relevant caste credential distributed by an Officer, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar, of the Department of Revenue & Disaster Management, Puducherry.

Other Backward Classes (OBC) & Most Backward Classes (MBC) Candidates:

The credential must be distributed through the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, and hired through an officer, not under the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.

Extreme Backward Classes (EBC) & Backward Classes Muslims (BCM) and Backward Tribes (BT) Candidates:

Claimants under these groups must gain the appropriate certificate from the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, duly contracted by an officer not under the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.

Freedom Fighter Category (FF):

Applicants are looking for admission under this group require to be children or grandchildren of Freedom Fighters. A certificate in this regard is provided through the Officer-in-charge, Freedom Fighters Cell, Government of Puducherry.

Wards of Ex-service Men:

Contenders must enfold the relevant certificate issued via the Director, DSW, Puducherry.

Physically Challenged Category (PH-Differently Abled):

Contenders in the group must submit full-size photograph unveiling the defect.

Scheduled Casts Candidates (SC):

Contenders looking for under SC category need to produce the related caste certificate distributed through an Officer, not under the rank of Deputy Tahsildar, of the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, Puducherry.

CENTAC 2019 Horizontal Reservation

Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2020:

    1. GATE 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    2. IIT JAM 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    3. AIIMS PG 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    4. IIFT 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    5. UGC NTA NET 2020 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.
    6. XAT MBA 2020 Application Available. Apply Here Online Now.
    7. Bihar TET 2019 Application Open. Apply Here Now Today.

The horizontal registration of seats intended for the following categories will come into effect only if seats reserved for these classes are unoccupied under the regular admission course.

S.NoCategoryReservation
1Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter (FF)4%
2Physically Challenged (PH)3%
3Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)3%
4A candidate who is Meritorious in Sports (SP)1%

 

For any other queries about CENTAC Reservation Criteria 2019, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.

 

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>


🔔 JEE Main 2020 DetailsCheck Here
+
×
×