Latest Applications Open 2024:
Good morning to the Principal sir, teachers, and all my dear friends. As we all have gathered here to celebrate Christmas, I would like to say a few lines about Christmas in front of you.
I am very thankful to my class teacher for giving me such a great opportunity for the speech here on this occasion.
The festival of Christmas is called the “Feast Day of Christ,” it is celebrated as a Christian holiday to pay honor as well as commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ has been believed as the son of god for years by the people of the Christian religion.
It is also celebrated by the non-Christians as a cultural holiday in December. It is observed in the winter season. Everyone waits for the arrival of Christmas very eagerly.
It is observed every year on the 25th of December with huge preparations and decorations. Christmas tree, Christmas cards, Santa Claus, gifts, etc. matters a lot on this occasion.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
The 25th of December is the most important day of the year for Christians. They also celebrate the festival of Easter to remember the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. People start preparations for Christmas which is called Advent, and it begins on Sunday four weeks before Christmas.
The whole season of Christmas is known as Christmastide which ends on the 6th of January means the 12th day of Christmas during which the people remember Epiphany.
There is the largest Indian Christian community in Mumbai where mostly Roman Catholics are found; they make this festival a glory of India in the winter season.
At this festival, a midnight mass is considered as the most essential service for Christians especially the Catholics during which whole family members go to the mass and enjoy a massive feast of different delicacies.
They are also involved in giving and taking the gifts to each other. Before the festival, they enjoy decorating churches with poinsettia flowers and candles, especially for the Christmas Eve midnight Mass service.
People start greeting each other from few days before the festival by saying and wishing each other Happy Christmas or Merry Christmas, Subh Christmas, Christmas Mubarak, etc. through Christmas cards or giving gifts. They decorate the Christmas trees in the houses, or the garden is the main custom and tradition of the Christmas celebration. The people also decorate their homes and churches with a candle and electric bulbs.
The Christians living in southern India they lit some small oil-burning clay lamps on roofs to symbolize that Jesus is the light of the whole world. They also sing a particular song known as a carol song and perform other rituals in the church.
In some places, people follow the tradition of cutting the Christmas cake to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Santa comes at midnight with a lot of gifts for children and distributes them among them. There is a tradition of fasting in the Catholics, they keep fast and do not eat from the 1st to the 24th of December and eat after the midnight mass service. Merry Christmas to all!
If you have any queries regarding Christmas Day 2023, you can ask your query and leave comments below.