Latest Applications Open 2024:
The Exam will be conducted in May 2024. COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern 2024 provides information about the marking scheme, the number of sections, and the number of questions that will be asked in the examination. COMEDK UGET is a state-level entrance exam managed by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental of Karnataka (COMEDK).
It was conducted to provide admission into the UG medical, dental, and engineering courses. From 2024, this entrance exam will be held only for admission in the engineering & Architecture courses, i.e. B. Tech and B.Arch.
The COMEDK Entrance Exam will be conducted in the month of Every Year, May. This test will be conducted for admission to COMEDK member institutions only. The score will be valid for one year only.
COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern 2024
Through the exam pattern, candidates will get an idea of the format of the COMEDK UGET Exam. It will help students to know how much weight will be given to questions.
The exam pattern details are given here:
- Exam Date: The Exam will be organized in May 2024.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in Online Mode.
- Type of Question: The question paper will be a multiple choice type in the examination.
- No. of Questions: COMEDK UGET 2024 question paper contains 180 questions. The weightage for all the questions will be given equally.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- The Exam’s medium: The question paper’s language will be English only.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given to the candidates for the correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
|Subjects||No. of Questions
COMEDK UGET Exam Syllabus
COMEDK UGET Syllabus covers physics, chemistry, and mathematics subjects. The syllabus will be based on 11th & 10+2 /12th STD/2nd PUC. Candidates should know the exam syllabus for exam preparation. It will be prescribed by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental of Karnataka (COMEDK).
Instructions for Candidates
- The examination hall will be opened 60 minutes before the start of the exam.
- Candidates must show their online TAT & valid photo ID proof in original.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 9:30 AM under any circumstances.
- Not bringing textual material, printed or written, bits of paper, or any electronic gadgets.
- It is compulsory to bring two recent (not older than three months) passport-size colour photographs (the same which was uploaded to the application). At the back of the photograph, the candidate must mention their name, & TAT number.
The eligibility criteria for COMEDK UGET 2024 are mentioned below for engineering, medical and dental courses:
For Engineering Courses (B.Tech/B.E.):
- To get admission in the B.Tech course, one should have passed the qualifying examination as second PUC or 10+2 from the recognized state/central board. He/she must have completed his/her last two years of studies with PCM and English subjects.
- The candidates belonging to the general category must have passed the aforesaid qualifying examination with at least 45% aggregate marks in PCM (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects, with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects.
- The diploma holders are not eligible to apply for COMEDK UGET as there is no lateral entry.
For Architecture Courses:
- Aspirants should have passed the 12th or its equivalent examination from the recognized board with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects.
- The candidates who have passed their qualifying examination in the pattern of 10+3 (diploma holders) with at least 50% aggregate marks (40% concerning SC/ST/OBC) are also eligible to apply for architecture courses.
- There will be no entrance test for admission to architecture courses. NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper – 2. A minimum mark of 80 out of 200 will be required to be eligible for admission.
- Those looking for admission in B.Arch have to submit a separate application form.
COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is as follows:
- Language: The examination of COMEDK UGET 2024 will be asked in the English medium only.
- Type of Questions: It contains questions of objective type.
- Syllabus: The entrance test syllabus is based on the 12th/2nd PUC.
- Marking Scheme: The students are given one mark for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Duration: The exam will be 3 hours, of which 2 hours is for the Physics & Chemistry paper and one hour is for the Mathematics paper.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.