Latest Applications Open 2024:
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), India, is once again set to open doors of immense opportunity and academic excellence through the Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) for the DBT-Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) Programme in 2024. This nationally recognized qualifying examination aims to identify and support talented individuals passionate about pursuing doctoral research in the realms of Biotechnology and Life Sciences. The DBT-JRF Programme stands as a prestigious platform offering budding researchers a chance to delve into cutting-edge research, fostering innovation and scientific discovery.
With the opportunity to secure a fellowship at any recognized university or institution across India, candidates selected under Category I are provided with the wings to soar in their PhD journey. Moreover, the two-tiered merit list system, delineating Category-I and Category-II, facilitates opportunities not only for pursuing a PhD programme but also for engagement in DBT-sponsored projects or enrolment in a PhD program through institutional selection. While Category II doesn’t guarantee fellowship from the DBT-JRF programme, it offers a pathway towards research engagement and academic pursuits.
In this blog post, we will navigate through the essential facets of the DBT-JRF Programme 2024, providing insights into application procedures, key dates, eligibility criteria, and the unparalleled prospects this fellowship offers to aspiring researchers in the field of Biotechnology and Life Sciences. Join us on this journey of exploration and empowerment as we unravel the potential and promise of the DBT Junior Research Fellowship Programme for the upcoming year.
DBT JRF 2024 Notification – Application Form Releasing Soon
DBT JRF 2024 Highlights
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), through its Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Programme, presents the Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) for the year 2024. Aspiring researchers seeking to delve into the realms of Biotechnology and Life Sciences can seize this opportunity by participating in this nationally recognized examination. Here’s a concise yet comprehensive overview of the crucial details pertaining to the DBT JRF 2024 examination.
|Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship
|State Eligibility Test
|DBT-Junior Research Fellowship.
|Offline Mode (PPT)
|13th May 2024
|+91 (011) 23219064-67
What is DBT JRF 2024?
The DBT JRF is a national-level examination known as the Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET). It is conducted annually by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, to award Junior Research Fellowships (JRFs) to deserving candidates. The fellowship provides opportunities for candidates to pursue Ph.D. programs or engage in research projects in the field of Biotechnology at recognized universities or institutions across India.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Jaipuria Institute of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- NIIT | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- MITWPU | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KL University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Alliance MBA | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Alliance UG | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
Candidates who qualify in the DBT JRF are categorized into Category-I and Category-II based on their performance. Category-I candidates are eligible for fellowships to pursue a PhD at any recognized institution in India, while Category-II candidates may be appointed in DBT-sponsored projects or enrolled in PhD programs through institutional selection, albeit without a fellowship from the DBT-JRF program.
For accurate and updated information regarding the DBT JRF 2024, including application procedures, eligibility criteria, important dates, and any modifications or additions to the program, it is advisable to refer to the official website of the Department of Biotechnology or the concerned authorities managing the DBT-JRF program. They usually release detailed notifications and updates closer to the examination date.
DBT JRF 2024 Important Dates
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, is set to conduct the Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) for the DBT Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Programme in 2024. Aspiring candidates aiming to embark on a journey in Biotechnology and Life Sciences through this prestigious fellowship must take note of the crucial dates associated with the examination process. Below is a comprehensive table outlining the important events and tentative dates for DBT JRF 2024, offering applicants a roadmap for their application and examination preparations.
|Online Registration Start
|3rd week of March 2024
|Online Registration Close
|3rd week of April 2024
|Correction Window open from
|4th week of April 2024
|Download the Hall Ticket
|2nd week of May 2024
|3rd week of May 2024
|Display of question paper and answer key on the website
|4th week of May 2024
|Last date of accepting representation of any discrepancy in the Question paper & Answer key
|4th week of May 2024
|Declaration of BET 2024 Result
|3rd week of June 2024
DBT JRF Application Form
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has announced the commencement of the application process for the Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) as part of the DBT-Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Programme for the year 2024. This crucial step allows aspiring candidates interested in pursuing a DBT-Junior Research Fellowship to submit their applications online.
- The Application Form for DBT JRF 2024 will be available online from March to April 2024.
- Applicants can make corrections to their submitted applications during the designated period in April 2024.
- Candidates should visit the official webpage of the Biotech Consortium India Limited to access the Application Form.
- Initiate the application process by registering on the portal. Enter personal details such as name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number to create a user ID and password.
- Upon successful registration, candidates will receive a user ID and password for accessing the Application Form.
- Use the provided credentials to log in and fill out the Application Form. Enter details including gender, category, address, and educational qualifications.
- Upload scanned copies of essential documents like photographs, signatures, date of birth proof, and certificates of qualifying marks. Ensure they adhere to the prescribed dimensions and file size.
- Candidates must pay the application fee through the designated payment gateway on the portal.
- Applicants need to select their preferred test centers from the available options provided by the examination authorities.
- Before submission, carefully review all entered information. Utilize the correction window, if necessary, to make any required changes.
- Once all details are accurately entered and documents uploaded, submit the completed Application Form.
- Upon successful submission, candidates will receive confirmation of their application along with a unique application number. It’s advised to keep this number safe for future reference.
The application fee is an integral part of the DBT JRF application process, varying for candidates belonging to different categories. This fee structure ensures equitable access to aspiring Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) in the Department of Biotechnology. Understanding the fee criteria is crucial for candidates preparing to apply for the DBT JRF 2024.
- Category-based Fee Structure: The application fee for DBT JRF 2024 varies based on the candidate’s category—General and EWS, OBC, SC/ST, and PWD candidates.
- Differential Fees: The fee disparity aims to accommodate candidates from diverse socio-economic backgrounds, aligning with the government’s principles of inclusive opportunities.
- Payment Modes: Candidates can pay the application fee online through various modes such as debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Transparent Fee Structure: The fee structure for DBT JRF applications is openly communicated, ensuring clarity and fairness in the application process.
- Support for PWD Candidates: Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates benefit from a reduced application fee, acknowledging the challenges they might face.
- Equitable Access: The fee differentiation among categories ensures equal opportunities for all eligible candidates, fostering a level playing field for aspiring JRFs.
The fee structure for the DBT JRF is as follows:
|General and EWS
How to Fill DBT JRF Application Form
Filling out the DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship) Application Form is a crucial step for aspiring candidates seeking to pursue research in Biotechnology and Life Sciences. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to fill the DBT JRF Application Form:
- Visit the Official Website: Access the official website designated for DBT JRF applications. For instance, the official website for DBT JRF could be https://www.dbtjrf.gov.in/ (Please refer to the official website for the accurate link).
- Registration: Find and click on the registration link or button. Enter essential details like name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, etc., to create a unique user ID and password. Note down these credentials for future login.
- Login: Use the generated user ID and password to log in to the application portal.
- Fill Application Form: Once logged in, carefully fill out the Application Form with accurate personal information such as gender, category, address, and educational qualifications. Ensure all details are entered correctly.
- Document Upload: Upload scanned copies of necessary documents such as a recent passport-size photograph, signature, date of birth proof, and certificates verifying qualifying marks. Ensure these documents adhere to the specified format and size limits.
- Select Test Centers: Choose your preferred test centers from the available options provided in the Application Form.
- Review and Edit: Before submission, thoroughly review all entered information. Utilize the edit options to make any necessary corrections or updates.
- Application Fee Payment: Proceed to the payment section and pay the application fee as per your category using the online payment gateway. Payment can typically be made through debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Submit Application: After ensuring all information is accurate and documents are uploaded, submit the completed Application Form.
- Print Confirmation: Once the application is successfully submitted, take a printout of the confirmation page or acknowledgement receipt for future reference.
- Correction Window: If there are any mistakes or updates needed after submission, utilize the correction window (if provided) within the specified period to make amendments.
- Track Application Status: Keep track of your application status by logging in periodically to check for updates, including the release of the admit card and examination-related details.
Documents Required at the Time of Registration
Completing the application process for the DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship) marks a significant milestone for aspiring candidates in the field of Biotechnology and Life Sciences. Apart from the online application submission, it’s crucial to ensure the availability and preparation of essential documents as per the stipulated requirements. Here’s a detailed guide outlining the necessary documents candidates need to have in hand after successfully completing the DBT JRF application process.
- Four Printouts of Confirmation Page: After submitting the online application form, candidates must have at least four printouts of the confirmation page for future reference and correspondence.
- Proof of Fee Payment: Keep a copy of the proof of fee paid, such as the transaction receipt or acknowledgement, as evidence of the application fee payment.
- Photographs: Prepare 6 to 8 passport-size photographs identical to the one uploaded during the online application process. These photographs will be required for various stages of the examination process.
- Photo Identification: A valid photo identification document must be carried to the examination center. Ensure that the name on the photo identification matches the name displayed on the Admit Card. In case of a name change due to events like marriage, candidates should carry relevant documents such as a Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, or Legal Name Change Document to support the change in name.
- Admit Card: Once released, the Admit Card is a mandatory document for entry into the examination center. Ensure to have a printed copy of the Admit Card with all the details correctly displayed.
- Additional Documents (if applicable): Candidates with special circumstances, such as name changes or any other specific situations, should carry the necessary supporting documents to avoid any discrepancies during the examination process.
DBT JRF Eligibility Criteria
The Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2024, conducted under the DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) Programme, serves as a gateway for aspiring researchers aiming to embark on a doctoral journey in Biotechnology and Life Sciences. This examination sets specific eligibility criteria, ensuring the selection of candidates with a strong academic background and dedication to scientific research.
- Candidates applying for DBT JRF 2024 must be bonafide citizens and residents of India.
- Eligible candidates include those holding Bachelor’s degrees (B.E./B.Tech./M.B.B.S.) and Masters (M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.VSc./ M.Pharm./Integrated M.Sc./M.Tech.) in various disciplines related to Biotechnology and Life Sciences. These disciplines encompass a broad spectrum, including Biomedical, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Botany, Chemistry, Computational Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Zoology, or allied areas of Biology and Life Sciences.
Admission in Supported Programmes:
- Candidates enrolled in M.Sc./M.Tech./M.VSc./M.Sc.(Agri) programs supported under the DBT Post Graduate Teaching Programme are eligible. Additionally, candidates yet to appear in the final semester examination or awaiting results are eligible to apply.
- The minimum academic criteria entail securing 60% aggregate marks (or equivalent grade) for General, EWS, and OBC categories. SC/ST/Differently Abled candidates require a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in their qualifying degrees.
- Candidates applying under the General and EWS category should be up to 28 years old as of the last date of application. However, there are relaxations for specific categories – up to 33 years for SC/ST/Differently Abled/Women candidates and up to 31 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
DBT JRF Exam Pattern
The DBT JRF 2024 stands as a crucial evaluation for aspirants in the field of Biotechnology and Life Sciences. Designed to assess candidates’ proficiency and analytical skills, this examination comprises two distinct sections, each presenting a unique set of challenges and criteria for evaluation. Understanding the structure and marking scheme is imperative for candidates preparing to undertake this competitive test.
- Sections in the Examination: There is two sections, namely Section A and Section B, each emphasizing different levels of knowledge and skills.
- Duration of the Exam: The examination duration spans three hours or 180 minutes, providing candidates with ample time to navigate through both sections of the test.
- Computer-Based Test (CBT): Exam is conducted as a computer-based test (CBT) held at designated examination centres, ensuring a standardized and efficient evaluation process.
- Section A:
- Number of Questions: Section A consists of 50 compulsory multiple-choice questions.
- Subjects Covered: Questions in this section pertain to General Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, General Aptitude, Analytical, Quantitative Ability, and General Biotechnology.
- Marks per Question: Each question in Section A carries 3 marks.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted from the total marks. Unanswered or unattempted questions will be given zero (0) marks.
- Section B:
- Number of Questions: Section B comprises 150 multiple-choice questions related to specific areas of Biotechnology.
- Question Attempt: Candidates are required to attempt 50 questions from this section.
- Marks per Question: Similar to Section A, each question in Section B carries 3 marks.
- Negative Marking: Like Section A, for every incorrect response in Section B, 1 mark will be deducted from the total marks.
|Questions to be Attempted
|Section A (Chemistry, Mathematics, General Science, quantitative ability, analytical, general biotechnology, General aptitude, etc.)
|Section B (Specific areas of Biotechnology)
DBT JRF Syllabus
A comprehensive understanding of the DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship) syllabus is paramount for candidates aiming to excel in the examination. The examination structure comprises two sections, each encompassing a diverse array of topics and subjects that evaluate candidates’ proficiency in various domains of Biotechnology and allied disciplines. Here is an overview of the syllabus encompassing the different subjects and their respective topics for BET 2024:
- Biomolecular structure and function
- Phylogeny & Evolution
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Cellular processes
- Organization of structure and functions of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Methods in Biotechnology
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- IPR, Biosafety & Bioethics
- Finding the odd one out
- Quantitative ability
- General Biotechnology
- Animal Physiology and Biochemistry
- Animal Parasitology
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Research Methodologies
- Animal Genetics
- Animal Virology
- Histology and Embryology
- Molecular Medicine and Surgery
- Tissue Culture
- Abiotic and Biotic Stress Biology
- Transgenic Technologies and Biotechnology
- Plant Biology
- Molecular Breeding
- Seed Technology
- Molecular Biology and Genomics
- Chemistry of organic and inorganic chemicals polluting the Environment
- Basic Ecological Concepts and Principles
- Water Pollution
- Environmental Pollution
- Waste Water Treatment Systems
- Management of municipal, biomedical, and agricultural solid waste
- Treatment of Typical Industrial Effluents
- Environmental Pollution Control
M. Tech. Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, and Industrial Biotechnology:
- Bioprocess Engineering and Technology
- Introductory Mathematics
- Thermodynamics in Biological Systems
- Engineering Principles
- Downstream Processing in Biotechnology
- Bioprocess Plant Design
Bioinformatics & Computational Biology:
- Primary Bioinformatics Resources
- Sequence Analysis
- Basic concepts
- DNA & RNA secondary, Database Searches, and tertiary structures
- t-RNA tertiary structure
The detailed syllabus spans various domains of Biotechnology, providing candidates with a comprehensive understanding of the topics they need to cover for BET 2024. It encompasses subjects crucial to the field, ensuring a holistic assessment of candidates’ knowledge and proficiency in diverse areas of Biotechnology and allied sciences.
DBT JRF Preparation Tips
The DBT JRF examination is a highly esteemed national-level qualifying test administered by the Department of Biotechnology to award Junior Research Fellowships. This competitive exam serves as a gateway for aspiring researchers and scholars aiming to pursue doctoral research fellowships in the field of biotechnology and life sciences across renowned institutions in India.
- Understand the Syllabus: Gain a thorough understanding of the DBT JRF syllabus. Focus on topics from biotechnology, life sciences, genetics, bioinformatics, microbiology, and allied fields. Create a study plan that covers all subjects comprehensively.
- Study Material & Resources: Utilize standard textbooks, reference materials, and reliable online resources covering the prescribed syllabus. Reviewing previous years’ question papers can aid in understanding the exam pattern and question types.
- Conceptual Clarity: Focus on building a strong foundation in core concepts and fundamentals. Pay attention to key theories, principles, and methodologies in biotechnology and related disciplines.
- Practice Regularly: Practice solving MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) regularly. Solve sample papers and mock tests to enhance time management skills and gauge your preparation level. Analyze your performance and work on weak areas.
- Time Management: Devise a study schedule that allocates sufficient time for each subject. Prioritize topics based on their weightage in the exam and allocate study hours accordingly.
- Revision Strategy: Regular revision is crucial. Revise previously covered topics to reinforce learning and improve retention. Create concise notes or flashcards to aid in quick revision before the exam.
- Mock Tests & Simulations: Take mock tests and simulate exam conditions to get accustomed to the exam environment. This helps in managing stress and improves speed and accuracy during the actual exam.
- Stay Updated: Keep abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and current trends in biotechnology and life sciences. Follow reputable journals, scientific articles, and publications to stay updated.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Maintain a balanced lifestyle with adequate rest, exercise, and proper nutrition. A healthy body and mind aid in better concentration and improved learning abilities.
- Seek Guidance: Clarify doubts and seek guidance from subject experts, mentors, or qualified professionals. Joining study groups or discussion forums can also facilitate collaborative learning.
DBT JRF Admit Card
The DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship) Admit Card is a crucial document issued by the examination authority, expected in May 2024. It serves as the entry ticket for candidates to appear for the examination. The admit card contains vital information regarding the examination centre, date, and timing, allowing candidates to participate in the examination process smoothly. The DBT JRF Admit Card will be available for download online from the official website after its announcement by the authority.
Candidates must bring the downloaded copy of the DBT JRF Admit Card to the examination centre on the specified date. It is a mandatory document for gaining entry into the examination hall. The issuance of the Admit Card is provisional and subject to candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria. It serves as verification of a candidate’s eligibility to appear for the examination. Candidates need to ensure that all the details mentioned on the Admit Card, including personal information and examination details, are accurate and match the provided information. Any discrepancies should be immediately reported to the concerned authorities. The Admit Card contains crucial details such as the allocated examination centre, date, and timing. Candidates should strictly adhere to this information and appear only at the designated centre and on the specified date and time mentioned in the Admit Card.
In case of any difficulty in downloading the Admit Card, candidates can seek assistance by contacting the Help Line provided by the examination authority or by writing to the specified email address. Candidates are advised to thoroughly read and follow the instructions mentioned on the Admit Card. Adherence to these instructions is crucial during the examination. If there are any discrepancies in the particulars or photograph/signatures on the Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the Help Line for resolution. They can still appear for the examination with the downloaded Admit Card, and necessary corrections will be made later by the authorities.
The DBT JRF Admit Card is an essential document that ensures the smooth and orderly conduct of the examination. Candidates must download it from the official website, verify details carefully, and adhere to all instructions mentioned for a hassle-free examination experience.
Additional Instructions Regarding DBT JRF Admit Card:
- Non-Postal Dispatch: Candidates should note that the DBT JRF Admit Cards will not be dispatched via postal services. They are required to download the Admit Card from the official website provided by the examination authority.
- No Issuance of Duplicate Admit Card: Under no circumstances will duplicate Admit Cards for BET 2024 or both be issued at the examination centres. Hence, it’s crucial to download and retain the original Admit Card.
- Preservation of Admit Card: Candidates must refrain from tampering with or altering any information on the Admit Card. It’s essential to preserve the Admit Card in good condition without any damage for future reference.
- Future Reference: Admit Cards should be carefully preserved by candidates for future reference and correspondence throughout the examination process.
- Incomplete Applications: Candidates should ensure that their applications are complete in all aspects. Incomplete applications, including unclear or unsigned applications or any other reasons leading to incomplete submissions, may result in the non-issuance of the Admit Card.
- Admit Card Not a Confirmation of Eligibility: While the issuance of the Admit Card is a necessary step, it does not imply automatic acceptance of eligibility. The eligibility of candidates will be further scrutinized at subsequent stages of the admission process.
These additional instructions provide crucial information regarding the DBT JRF Admit Card. Candidates should adhere to these guidelines to ensure a smooth examination process and avoid any discrepancies or issues related to the Admit Card issuance or acceptance.
How to download the DBT JRF Hall Ticket
The DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship) Hall Ticket, also known as the Admit Card, is a vital document required for candidates to appear for the examination. It contains essential details such as examination venue, date, and timing, facilitating candidates’ entry into the examination hall. Here’s a guide on how to download the DBT JRF Hall Ticket:
- Visit the Official Website: Access the official website designated for DBT JRF examinations. For instance, the official website for DBT JRF could be https://www.dbtjrf.gov.in/ (Please refer to the official website for the accurate link).
- Login Credentials: Look for the link or section related to ‘Admit Card’ or ‘Hall Ticket’ on the homepage. You might need to log in using your registration number, password, or other required credentials provided during the application process.
- Admit Card Download: Once logged in, navigate to the ‘Download Admit Card’ or similar tab. Click on it to proceed to the Admit Card download page.
- Enter Details: Enter the necessary details such as registration number, date of birth, or any other information required for verification purposes.
- Download Admit Card: After entering the required details correctly, click on the ‘Submit’ or ‘Download’ button. The DBT JRF Hall Ticket will be displayed on the screen.
- Verify Details: Carefully verify all the details mentioned on the Admit Card, including your name, examination center, date, timing, and other essential information.
- Print Admit Card: Once verified, download the Admit Card and take multiple printouts of it. Ensure that the printed copy is clear and all details are legible.
- Document Verification: Along with the printed copy of the DBT JRF Hall Ticket, candidates must carry a valid photo ID proof (such as Aadhar card, passport, driving license) to the examination center.
- Preserve for Future Use: Preserve the Admit Card in good condition for future reference and follow all instructions mentioned on it regarding the examination day.
Following these steps diligently will allow candidates to successfully download their DBT JRF Hall Ticket from the official website. It is crucial to carry the Admit Card to the examination center as it serves as the entry pass for the examination.
Exam Centers for DBT JRF
The Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2024, conducted under the DBT Junior Research Fellowship Programme, is set to take place across various cities and centers in India. Candidates aiming to appear for this examination have the opportunity to choose their preferred examination city from a wide range of locations. Here is a comprehensive list of the exam cities and centers allocated for BET 2024:
|ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS (UT)
|JAMMU & KASHMIR
|JAMMU & KASHMIR
|SRINAGAR (J & K)
The table provides a partial list of examination cities and centers. The complete list includes various other cities in different states across India.
DBT JRF Answer Key
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is responsible for releasing the DBT JRF 2024 Answer Key online subsequent to the examination. The Answer Key is initially released in a provisional format, allowing candidates to cross-verify their responses with the provided solutions. Upon the completion of the examination, NTA releases the provisional DBT JRF Answer Key online. Candidates can access this key through the official website. In case candidates find any discrepancy or have objections regarding the answers provided, they are permitted to raise objections within the specified period.
An objection window is opened by the authorities for candidates to challenge any errors or discrepancies they find in the provisional answer key. Candidates need to submit their objections with supporting evidence or reasons against the questioned answers during this period. After thoroughly analyzing and addressing the raised objections, the NTA releases the final DBT JRF Answer Key. This final version incorporates necessary corrections based on the validated objections. It serves as the conclusive reference for evaluating the candidates’ responses. Candidates can use the final answer key to calculate their estimated scores in the DBT JRF examination. By matching their responses with the correct answers provided in the key, they can gauge their performance and estimate their scores.
How to Check DBT JRF Answer Key
After completing an exam, candidates often wish to verify their responses against the official answer key or solutions to determine their probable scores and identify any errors. Checking answers allows candidates to self-assess their performance and understand their strengths and weaknesses in different sections or subjects.
- Access the Official Answer Key: Obtain the official answer key or solutions provided by the exam conducting authority. This key/solution set is typically released on the official website of the examination organizing body.
- Compare Responses: Review your answers against the official answer key. Go through the questions one by one and compare the answers marked by you during the exam with the correct answers given in the official key.
- Evaluate Correctness: For multiple-choice questions, if your answer matches the one provided in the answer key, consider it correct. If there are discrepancies or variations, carefully analyze the explanations or solutions given in the key to understand the correct response.
- Calculate Scores: Assign marks to each correctly answered question according to the marking scheme. For exams with negative marking, deduct marks for incorrect responses based on the prescribed penalty.
- Identify Areas of Improvement: Reviewing answers helps in identifying areas where you might have made mistakes or need further improvement. Note down topics or types of questions where errors occurred for focused revision.
- Seek Clarifications: If there are doubts or disagreements with the official answer key, check if the exam conducting authority allows challenges or objections. Some examinations provide a window to contest discrepancies by submitting proofs or justifications.
- Analyze Overall Performance: After checking the answers, assess your overall performance. Recognize strengths and weaknesses in different subjects or sections, enabling you to strategize your preparation for future exams or revisions.
- Keep Records: Maintain a record of your attempted responses and the official answer key for future reference or discussions, especially if there’s a provision for challenging the key.
Display of Provisional Answer Key for Challenges
The National Testing Agency (NTA) provides candidates with an opportunity to challenge the Provisional Answer Key displayed on the NTA website dbt.nta.ac.in. This facilitates candidates to address any discrepancies they might find in the provided answers. Here are the key details regarding the challenge process:
- Display of Provisional Answer Key: NTA will release the Provisional Answer Key for both DBT JRF 2024 examinations on the official website. This enables candidates to review and compare their answers with the key provided. The Answer Keys will be available for scrutiny for a duration of two to three days.
- Challenging the Answer Key: Candidates can challenge the Provisional Answer Key by submitting their objections online via the designated key challenge link on the NTA website. For each challenged question, candidates are required to pay a non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 200.
- Validity of Paid Challenges: Only challenges made within the stipulated timeframe and upon payment will be considered for evaluation. Challenges submitted without the processing fee or after the specified period will not be entertained.
- Assessment by Subject Experts: The challenges received will be thoroughly examined and assessed by subject experts. Based on their evaluation, a Final Answer Key will be formulated, reflecting the correct answers to the questions in consideration.
- Final Decision by NTA: NTA’s decision on the challenges raised against the Provisional Answer Key will be considered final. No further communication or correspondence regarding the challenges will be entertained or conveyed individually to the candidates.
- Result Compilation: The result compilation for DBT JRF 2024 will be based on the Final Answer Key declared by the NTA. After the declaration of results, no grievances or disputes regarding the Answer Key(s) will be entertained.
The process of challenging the Provisional Answer Key allows candidates to address discrepancies they identify in the provided answers, ensuring transparency and accuracy in the evaluation process. However, the final decision rests with the NTA, and the declared Final Answer Key will be the basis for result compilation.
DBT JRF Result
After the completion of the DBT JRF 2024 examinations, the result processing will rely on the Final Answer Keys provided by the exam conducting authority. The marks obtained by candidates in DBT JRF 2024 will be tabulated based on the Final Answer Keys. No grievances or challenges related to the Answer Keys will be considered after the declaration of results. The scores achieved by candidates will contribute to the overall result calculation. Candidates are advised to download their respective Score Cards for DBT JRF 2024 from the official website: dbt.nta.ac.in. No physical Score Cards will be dispatched to the candidates.
Selection and admission depend on meeting specific admission criteria, eligibility requirements, securing a rank in the merit list, medical fitness, verification of original documents, and other criteria set by host institutions/universities. Candidates must fulfil the admission criteria specified by the respective institutions/universities to secure admission. This includes meeting eligibility standards, securing a place on the merit list, and complying with any additional criteria stipulated by the institutions.
Successful candidates may be required to undergo a verification process for their original documents. This step is crucial in ensuring the authenticity and validity of the candidate’s qualifications and background. Apart from meeting academic and merit-based qualifications, other criteria may be prescribed by host institutions/universities. Candidates must adhere to these criteria as part of the selection and admission process.
How to Check the DBT JRF Result
To check the DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship) result, candidates can follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Access the official website designated for DBT JRF results. Typically, the results are available on the official website of the conducting authority or the institution responsible for managing the DBT JRF examination.
- Navigate to Result Section: Look for a section or tab specifically labelled as “Results,” “Result Portal,” or “Examination Results” on the homepage or navigation bar of the website.
- Click on DBT JRF Result Link: Once you locate the Result section, search for the link related to the DBT JRF examination result for the respective year (e.g., DBT JRF 2024 or the relevant year). Click on this link to proceed to the result page.
- Enter Required Details: On the result page, candidates might be prompted to enter certain details for verification purposes. This could include information such as roll number, registration number, date of birth, or any other credentials as required.
- Submit Details and Access Result: After entering the necessary information, submit the details. The DBT JRF result for the provided credentials should be displayed on the screen.
- Check and Download Result: Review the result displayed on the screen. Verify your scores, rank (if applicable), and any additional information provided. If available, download or take a printout of the result for future reference.
- Follow Additional Instructions: Sometimes, the result page might include instructions regarding further procedures, such as document verification, counselling schedules (if applicable), or any additional steps to be followed after the result declaration. Ensure to read and follow these instructions carefully.
- Contact Helpline (if needed): In case of any issues or queries related to accessing the result, candidates can contact the designated helpline or support provided by the conducting authority for assistance.
DBT JRF Cut-Off
The cut-off marks for DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship) serve as a crucial determinant in the selection process. These marks are released alongside the examination results and are categorized based on different sections of candidates. Here are the cut-off marks for Category 1 and Category 2 from the previous year.
Cut Off Marks for Category 1:
|Cut Off Marks
|Other Backward Category
Cut Off Marks for Category 2:
|Cut Off Marks
|Other Backward Category
Career Growth After DBT JRF
After securing the DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship), individuals can experience significant career growth opportunities in the field of biotechnology and related disciplines. Here are several career pathways and growth prospects that candidates may explore after completing a DBT JRF:
- Doctoral Research and PhD Pursuits: DBT JRF awardees are eligible to pursue doctoral research (PhD) in various domains of biotechnology, life sciences, bioinformatics, biomedical sciences, etc. A Ph.D. provides an in-depth understanding of specific research areas, leading to expertise in the field.
- Research Positions: Successful completion of a Ph.D. program opens doors to various research positions in academia, government organisations, research institutions, and industries. Candidates can work as research scientists, postdoctoral fellows, or project associates in research-driven projects.
- Academic Careers: With a Ph.D., individuals can opt for an academic career as professors, lecturers, or faculty members in universities, colleges, and research institutes. They can engage in teaching, mentorship, and research supervision.
- Industry Opportunities: Biotechnology companies, pharmaceutical firms, healthcare organizations, and biotech startups seek skilled professionals for research and development roles. Positions in bioprocessing, bioinformatics, drug discovery, clinical research, and product development are available.
- Government Sectors: Government research institutions, laboratories, and agencies such as CSIR, DBT, ICMR, DST, and other related departments offer research-oriented positions and opportunities for those inclined towards public-sector careers.
- Entrepreneurship: Individuals may venture into entrepreneurship by establishing their biotech startups, focusing on innovative solutions, developing new products, or contributing to the biotech industry through their unique ideas.
- International Opportunities: The DBT JRF qualification enhances prospects for international collaborations, research exchanges, and opportunities to work in reputed global research centres or universities.
- Further Fellowships and Grants: Post-Ph.D., individuals can apply for prestigious fellowships, grants, and awards, such as postdoctoral fellowships, research grants, and project funding from national and international agencies to support their research endeavours.
- Scientific Writing and Communication: There are opportunities for individuals interested in scientific communication, technical writing, and journalism in biotech magazines, publishing houses, or as freelance science writers.
The career growth trajectory after DBT JRF largely depends on the individual’s interests, specialization, networking, and the opportunities they explore. Continuous learning, research contributions, publications, and networking play pivotal roles in advancing one’s career in the field of biotechnology and life sciences.
DBT JRF Contact Information
If you have any queries or need further assistance regarding the DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship), you can reach out to the designated contact email address:
The DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship) program stands as a gateway to a promising career in the diverse and dynamic field of biotechnology and life sciences. Through this fellowship, aspiring researchers and scholars gain opportunities to pursue higher education, conduct cutting-edge research, and contribute to scientific advancements in various domains.
With a comprehensive examination process, including Category 1 and Category 2 selection criteria, the DBT JRF program ensures inclusivity and provides avenues for both pursuing a Ph.D. and engaging in research projects within the biotechnology landscape.
The career prospects post-DBT JRF are multifaceted, encompassing avenues in academia, research institutions, industries, government sectors, and entrepreneurial ventures. This fellowship not only nurtures research acumen but also fosters innovation, scientific inquiry, and critical thinking among scholars.
Aspirants and scholars willing to delve into the realms of scientific exploration, innovation, and academic excellence find the DBT JRF program as a stepping stone towards a rewarding and impactful career trajectory.
For further information or inquiries about the DBT JRF program, individuals can reach out to the provided contact email firstname.lastname@example.org. This fellowship program not only shapes the careers of aspiring researchers but also contributes significantly to the advancement of biotechnology, thus shaping the future of scientific exploration and discovery.
If you have any queries regarding DBT JRF 2024, you can ask your query and leave comments below.
DBT JRF 2024 FAQs
How many times is the DBT JRF exam conducted in a year?
The DBT JRF exam is typically conducted once a year.
How to prepare for DBT JRF?
Preparation for DBT JRF involves studying the relevant subjects from the syllabus, practicing previous years’ question papers, focusing on conceptual understanding, and staying updated with current advancements in biotechnology and life sciences.
What is the application fee for the DBT JRF Exam?
The application fee for the DBT JRF Exam varies for different categories, typically ranging from Rs. 600 to Rs. 1200, as per the previous year’s fee structure.
How to download the DBT JRF 2024 Admit Card?
The DBT JRF 2024 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website by logging in with the required credentials such as registration number and password.
What is DBT JRF 2024 Syllabus?
The DBT JRF 2024 syllabus includes topics from various areas of biotechnology, life sciences, genetics, bioinformatics, microbiology, and related fields. Detailed syllabus information is available on the official website.
What is the DBT JRF Exam pattern?
The DBT JRF Exam typically consists of multiple-choice questions covering sections such as General Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biotechnology-specific areas, and General Aptitude.
How to Check Results for the DBT JRF Exam?
Results for the DBT JRF Exam can be checked by visiting the official website and accessing the result section. Candidates need to enter their credentials to view the results.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the DBT JRF exam?
Eligibility criteria include having a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant disciplines of Biotechnology, Life Sciences, specific minimum marks, and age limitations as per the guidelines.
Who conducts the DBT JRF exam?
The DBT JRF exam is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology and is overseen by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
What is the DBT stipend for JRF?
The DBT stipend for JRF varies and is subject to the norms set by the DBT-Junior Research Fellowship Program.
How many attempts are allowed in DBT?
Typically, there is no specific limit on attempts for the DBT JRF exam as long as candidates meet the eligibility criteria.
When will BET 2024 be conducted?
BET 2024 is expected to be conducted on the dates mentioned in the official notification released by the conducting authority.
Is there any negative marking in DBT JRF?
Yes, there is usually negative marking in the DBT JRF exam. Marks might be deducted for incorrect answers.
What is DBT JRF (BET)?
DBT JRF (BET) stands for the Biotechnology Eligibility Test, which serves as the qualifying examination for the award of the DBT-Junior Research Fellowship.
How to Fill DBT JRF Application Form?
The DBT JRF Application Form can be filled online on the official website by following the instructions provided in the application portal.
What are the documents required during the DBT JRF application process?
Candidates typically need documents such as educational certificates, identification proof, scanned photograph & signature, caste certificate (if applicable), and any other relevant certificates.
What is the validity period of the DBT JRF fellowship?
The validity period of the DBT JRF fellowship is generally for a duration of five years, which includes the initial two years of the fellowship along with a subsequent three years of Senior Research Fellowship (SRF), subject to the fulfillment of certain criteria.
Is there any relaxation in age limit for reserved categories in DBT JRF?
Yes, there is usually an age relaxation of up to 5 years for SC/ST/Differently Abled/Women candidates and up to 3 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
Can candidates appearing in the final year of their qualifying degree apply for DBT JRF?
Yes, candidates appearing in the final year or awaiting results of their qualifying degree can apply under the ‘result awaited’ category by providing the necessary undertaking/attestation forms.
What is the mode of conducting the DBT JRF exam?
The DBT JRF exam is usually conducted in online mode (Computer-Based Test) at designated exam centers across India.
Are foreign nationals eligible for the DBT JRF fellowship?
No, the DBT JRF fellowship is typically available only for bonafide Indian citizens and residents.
What is the duration of the DBT JRF exam?
The DBT JRF exam duration is usually three hours, allowing candidates to attempt the multiple-choice questions within the stipulated time.
Is there any specific reservation policy followed for DBT JRF seats?
Yes, the DBT JRF follows the Government of India norms for reservation, ensuring reservation for various categories such as SC, ST, OBC, EWS, Differently Abled, etc., in accordance with prevailing regulations.
Can candidates edit or make changes to their DBT JRF application form after submission?
There is often a correction window provided by the conducting authority where candidates can rectify certain details in their application forms within the specified period.
What are the benefits provided under the DBT JRF fellowship?
The DBT JRF fellowship includes financial support in the form of a stipend, contingency grant, and other facilities as per the norms set by the DBT.
I’m Manisha Das, passionate about educational news and sharing insights on teaching exams. My passion for education news is fueled by my love for creating new things and exploring new ideas. With my dedication and passion for teaching exams, I am committed to providing accurate and informative updates for the Entrance Exam. Join me in discovering the latest developments and exploring the dynamic world of education!