IMA Stands For The Indian Military Academy. It Is The Officer Training Academy Of Indian Army That Was Established In 1932. Dehradun Is The Center Of Training For IMA.A Trainee On Admission To The IMA Is Known As A Gentleman Cadet. One Reason For This Is That The Academy Wants Its Graduates To Have The Highest Moral And Ethical Values. Training Given Are Physical Training, Drills, Weapons Training, Leadership Development And Practices. IMA Offers Outstanding Career Opportunities to the Courageous Young Candidates
Cadets Undergo Training At The IMA For One Year. Candidates Get Selected Through Various Exams. The Cadets Who Are Graduates Of A Non-Military College Undergo Training For One And A Half Years.
There Is Various Level For Which Candidates Has To Get Prepared To Join IMA. Physical and Medical Requirements, Age Limit Are Some of the Basic Requirement On The Basis Of Which Candidates Are Selected
Following Is the Selection Procedure for the Indian Military Academy (IMA) Examination:
- Written Examination.
- Medical Test.
It Is Necessary That The Candidate Who Wish To Join IMA Must Have Completed A Degree In Any Discipline From A Recognized University. To Join In IMA, You Need To Write the Entrance Exam as Like Other Forces
Following Are The Ways To Join Indian Military Academy (IMA):
- Through NDA Exam: Candidates Who Have passed Their Class 12th Are Eligible For Appearing In NDA. Only Male Candidates Are Eligible To Write This Exam. Age Limit Should Be 16.5 To 19 Yrs. And Should Be Unmarried. It Is Necessary that The Candidates Should Have Completed 12th with PCM As Main Subjects.
- Through CDSE: Male Graduates Can Join IMA Through CDSE. They Have To Appear For CDSE Written, Pass SSB, And Should Be Medically Fit And Come In The Final Merit. Age Limit Is 19 –To 24 Yrs. There Is No Certain Specific Percentage Which You Need To Get In Order To Apply For the CDS Exam
- Technical Graduate Course (TGC): Those Who Are Studying In Final Year or Have Completed BE/B Tech In Required Streams Can Join IMA Through Technical Graduate Course Within The Age Of 19 To 25 Years.
- Through University Entry Scheme: This Entry Can Be Made By Candidate Who Is In Final Or Pre-Final Year Of Engineering. Required Minimum Marks Is 60% Marks And Age Should Be Between 20-25 Years. Campus SSB Interview Is the Mode of Selection Here
Physical Fitness Is One Of The Most Important Condition For Joining IMA. Irrespective Of The Branch You Are Applying For, You Must Fulfill Some Basic Physical Standards.
General Physical Requirements Common for All Candidates. Following Are the Standards:
- The Candidate Must Be In Good Physical And Mental Health And Free From Any Disease/Disability
- There Should Be No Disease Of Bones And Joints Of The Body
- Chest Should Be Well Developed Having Minimum 5 Cms Expansion.
- There Should Be No Sign Of Functional Or Organic Disease Of The Heart And Blood Vessel. Blood Pressure Should Be Normal.
- Urine Examination Is Done And Any Abnormality If Detected Will Cause For Rejection.
- Any Disease Of The Skin Will Also Cause For Rejection.