Latest Applications Open 2024:
IGNOU Admission 2023 July Session Re-Registration Last Date has been extended till 20th September 2023. Online Application Form has been released for MBA and other Courses. IGNOU, widely known as The People’s University, is one of India’s prominent and reputed universities. The university has focused on enhancing the knowledge of the citizens of India since its establishment. The name IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University, and it is quite visible that it is named after the first woman Prime Minister of India in her honor. The university is responsible for providing opportunities to students who want to pursue higher studies such as MBA, B. ED, MCA, MA, etc. Students can get themselves enrolled in both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
The entrance exam is conducted for specific programs by the famous National Testing Agency (NTA). The entrance exam is a university-level exam and has helped many students form their careers who got a degree from this reputed and respected university. The article here focuses on the admission conducted by IGNOU every year in different sessions.
If you desire to be part of this esteemed university, then students, you need to get all the details of the eligibility, the pattern of the exam, the syllabus, the admission process, and the counselling process, which you will get below. Hence, read the details minutely and make yourselves aware of the information.
IGNOU 2023 Notification – Registration Started
IGNOU 2023 Quick Links
|IGNOU Notification||IGNOU Important Dates|
|IGNOU Application Form||IGNOU Admit Card/Hall Ticket|
|IGNOU Result/Merit List||IGNOU Cut Off|
|IGNOU Counselling||IGNOU Preparation|
|IGNOU Convocation Registration||–|
IGNOU Admission 2023 Highlights
An effective explanation of the pressing details of the admission and the exam is provided below. The details of the MBA exam conducted by the IGNOU can be understood from the table. The table also provides other information related to IGNOU admission. We will keep updating you about the latest notifications through our website.
Time to take a glance at the overview of the IGNOU Admission. The overview tells us about the mode of the application, courses offered, Exam Level, conducting authority, etc. Note down the details if you need them.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
|Name of the University||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Name of the Exam||IGNOU OPENMAT 2023 (For MBA)|
|Exam conducting authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Mode of the Application Submission||Online Mode|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline Mode|
IGNOU Admission 2023 Exam Dates
The representation of the exam dates is provided below. The dates are tentative as of now and hence they are subject to modification. Candidates must keep an eye on the dates of the different exams and admissions to avoid missing out on anything.
Well, you will get certain information from our website too and you can also visit the official website. Let us look at the tentative dates for some of the courses.
B.ED Entrance (For January)
|Beginning of the application process||21st November 2022|
|Final date of the submission of the form||25th December 2022|
|Admit Card Available||–|
|Date of the Exam||8th January 2023|
|Release of the Answer Key||June 2023|
|Declaration of the Results||23rd March 2023|
|Admission Date||To be announced|
OPENMAT Phase II and B. Ed
|Beginning of the Registration Process||1st week of May 2023|
|Final Date to submit the application form||1st week of June 2023|
|Availability of the Admit Cards||3rd week of June 2023|
|Exam Date||1st week of July 2023|
|Declaration of the Results||3rd week of July 2023|
|Admission Date||To be announced|
IGNOU Admission 2023 Application Form
The essence of the application form is well known to all the candidates. One who fails to submit the application form on time will not be allowed to appear in the exam. The candidates need to remember the deadline and fill out the application form before the last date. Here are certain crucial aspects related to the application form.
- All the application forms can be filled out using the online method. No other mode of application is available and they will not be accepted.
- As per the latest sources, the application form for the Bachelor of Education (January Month) is going to be published around the last week of March 2023 to the Last week of April 2023.
- As per the latest sources, the application form for the course OPENMAT Phase II is going to be published around the first week of May 2023 till the first week of June 2023.
- The details provided in the application form must be correct and true to the knowledge of the candidates. The details should be filled in correctly.
- Candidates need to fill in their personal information, educational qualifications, residential address, professional information, etc.
- All the documents need to be scanned in the prescribed format and they need to be uploaded. The photograph should not be older than three months.
- Candidates need not send any sort of hard copy of the form to the official authorities by postal means.
- It is in the best interest of the candidates to take the printout of the application form for their future.
How to fill out the application form?
Aspirants need to follow the simple steps mentioned below in order to fill out the application form correctly. Look at the details below and try to analyze them.
- Firstly, visit the official website of IGNOU. The official website is mentioned clearly in the section of overview and highlights.
- Then, moving on, look for the tab that says “New Registration” or “Apply Online for a particular exam”.
- You know the next step is to click on the same and move ahead.
- Fill in all the basic details in the registration process and then generate the registration ID and password.
- Login to complete the application form. Fill in all the details carefully and correctly.
- Make the payment for the submission of the application form using the mode prescribed.
- Click on the final submission option.
- Retain the copy of the application form and also the payment receipt.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Application Fee
The form remains rejected without the payment of the application fee. Candidates need to make sure that their form is completely submitted and the payment has been made for a particular course and also depending upon the category of the candidate.
- Everyone needs to submit the application fee in online method. Candidates can also make the payment using the demand draft issued in the name of IGNOU.
- The candidates can make the payment using a number of ways where some of which are credit cards, debit cards, UPI, Internet Banking, etc.
- The amount to be paid for different courses varies. In the case of the B. Ed, the amount to be paid is Rs. 1000/-.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Form Correction
Form Correction is available. The edit window opens for the candidates who need to make certain corrections to their form after submitting it.
Candidates need to make sure that they make the required corrections in this period only because after that no correction can be done. All the candidates must make sure that they fill the form correctly and if there is any mistake, they correct it.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
All those who are interested and willing to apply for the exam must consider the eligibility criteria in detail. The eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled before applying for the exam. If one fails to do so then his or her candidate is prone to rejection. Let us take a look at the eligibility criteria of different programs.
Qualification Required: All the candidates need to possess a degree in Bachelors from a recognized board or university. The certificate should be valid.
Marks Required: All the candidates need to secure a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam and it is 45% for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
Selection Criteria: The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the marks secured in the entrance test.
Qualification Required: All the candidates need to possess a degree in bachelor’s from a recognized board or university in any stream or discipline.
Marks Required: All the candidates need to have secured a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
Selection Criteria: Candidates need to participate in the entrance examination to get shortlisted for admission in B.ED.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern keeps changing with time. Candidates need to begin their preparation for the exam as per the pattern prescribed. The pattern is different for different courses. They must be acquainted well with the exam pattern to secure a good score in the exam. Let us take a glance at the exam pattern of the different courses.
- Exam Mode: As per the latest sources, the mode of the exam is going to be offline only.
- Subjects Involved: There are four different sections from which the questions are asked in the exam. The four sections are General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension and Logical Reasoning.
- Number of Questions: As per the latest pattern, the total number of questions that will be asked in the exam is going to be 200.
- Total Marks: The marks for the entrance exam are going to be 200.
- Duration of the Exam: The exam will be conducted for a duration of 3 hours.
- Making scheme: Every correct answer will be awarded one mark each.
- Negative Making: Gladly, there is no negative marking.
B.ED Entrance Exam
- Total Questions: The entire exam will consist of 100 questions.
- Sections Involved: There will be two different sections for the exam Part A and Part B.
- Total marks required: The paper will be 100 marks.
- Medium of the Exam: The entrance exam will be of two mediums namely English and Hindi.
- Marking Scheme: Every correct answer will be awarded one mark each.
Below is the representation of the marks and the total number of questions for each of the entrance exams. Take a look for a better understanding.
|Sections||Total number of questions||Total Marks|
|Parts||Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Section 1||General English & Comprehension||10||10|
|Section 2||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section 3||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section 4||Teaching Learning||25||25|
|Section 5||Attempt any one subject: Math, Science, Hindi
Social Studies, English
IGNOU Admission 2023 Syllabus
You all must be aware that the syllabus of the exam varies according to the courses. Some of the topics are similar to each of the courses. Candidates must go through the syllabus of the course with which they are concerned. The studies should be done as per the syllabus.
Let us look at the syllabus of each subject and then you can analyze the topics.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||
IGNOU Admission 2023 Preparation Tips
Follow the tips that are prescribed below for the candidates to prepare well. If the preparation is on the right track, then you will definitely succeed in the exam. Prepare a well-succeeding strategy as per your caliber and begin your studies without wasting a second. Let us look at some of the best preparation tips.
- Design a timetable that you can work with and also allocate equal time to each of the subjects. The focus should be on the weak subjects.
- Go through the official notification and analyze the prescribed and formulated syllabus for the exam.
- Choose the aptest books for your preparation and also refer to the required study materials.
- Don’t forget to practice the last year’s question papers to get acquainted with the latest exam pattern and also go through the sample papers and evaluate your preparation.
- Try to cover every topic of the syllabus mentioned. Don’t forget any topic.
- Revise the topics from time to time.
- Exercise regularly and take care of your health. Don’t stress too much.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Books
All the books are helpful but it depends upon the candidate which book is the best preferred for them. They can choose any book according to their will and convenience. Candidates can choose some books from the recommended books mentioned below.
|Logical Reasoning Ability and General Intelligence||
|English Language and Comprehension or General Hindi||
IGNOU Admission 2023 Admit Card
Candidates need to download their admit cards from the official website using the online method. They can do so by putting in their registration number and password. It is expected that the admit cards will be available from the mid of June 2023 in an online manner.
Don’t forget to carry your admit card and other valid ID proof along with a passport-size photograph for entry into the exam hall. Check the details of the admit card before downloading it. The details are the name of the candidates, name of the exam, venue of the exam, time, and shift.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Exam centers
The exams of the IGNOU are conducted in almost all the essential cities of India. Candidates can opt for the most convenient exam center while filling out the application form. The list of exam centers for the year 2023 has not been published yet. As and when it will be released, you will be informed about the same through our website.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Result
You all are aware of the fact that the final results are published only after the successful completion of the exam. It is expected that the result will be declared from the mid of July 2023 in online way and candidates can check the same using their roll number, DOB, etc.
A final merit list is also prepared according to the marks of the candidates. After that admission is provided depending on the merit list. The results must be secured after the admission process is complete.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Cut off
Cut-off marks are also released with the results. Candidates must score equal to or more than the cut-off marks in order to secure admission. The minimum qualifying marks for the General category are 50% while for the reserved category are 45%.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Counseling
Everyone whose name appears on the merit list has to go through the counseling process and the shortlisted candidates are given admission to the different courses. As per the latest updates, the counseling process will be organized in an offline manner and candidates need to appear for the same.
Everyone who appears for counseling needs to choose the course and also the college in which they desire to take admission. Some of the essential documents also have to be submitted at the time of the verification process. Once the verification is done, the admission will be finalized.
The documents required are as follows.
- Result card
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate
- Category certificate
- Any other relevant documents.
Question- What sort of questions will be asked in the exam?
Ans- The questions will be asked of an objective nature.
Question- Is there a form correction facility available?
Ans- Yes, Candidates can edit their application form even after submitting it.
Question- Can the form be submitted using the offline method?
Ans- No, online forms are only available.
Question- What is the mode of counseling?
Ans- The counseling is done in the offline mode.
If you have any other quires about IGNOU 2023, you can leave your question below in the comment box.
Hello, I am Sunil Kushwaha, a passionate UG degree holder in Science with a keen interest in educational news. With my dedication to education and vast knowledge, I keep updated with the latest developments in the National & State entrance examinations and tests.
Follow my blog to stay informed about the latest updates and trends in National & State entrance examinations and tests.