Latest Applications Open 2023:
The complete form of IISER is the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, conducted for candidates to provide admission to IISER. Through the JEE Main, KVPY, and SCB channels, candidates can apply to get admission to the IISER. Those candidates who are interested in getting admission to IISER can apply online mode.
The IISER campuses are available in various cities in India, which include Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati. There are five years of programs BS-MS conducted for candidates to complete their courses from IISER.
Here, we provide the complete details of IISER for candidates, including the IISER Eligibility Criteria for KVPY, JEE Main, and SCB channels.
Candidates who have passed the 10+2 or equivalent level exam with the science stream in 2019 or 2024 are eligible to apply for admission. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through the following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be called KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively. Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply, provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates with a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from the 2019-20 academic session can apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria are applicable. Please see the cut-off criteria.
Candidates in the General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2024 are eligible to apply.
For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria are applicable. Please see the cut-off criteria.
Students who have passed the 10+2 level with the science stream in 2019 or 2024 are eligible to apply for admission and appear for IAT 2024.
However, they will be considered for admission to the degree programs only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board. Please see the cut-off criteria.
Students applying through the SCB channel must appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT), conducted at various nationwide centres.
IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) 2024 will be conducted in an entirely computer-based test mode. IAT 2024 is likely to be held in June 2024.
IISER Eligibility Criteria 2024
Many candidates may apply to get admission to IISER to complete their various courses, but it depends on their eligibility for admission to IISER.
The candidates have to fulfil the requirement of admission criteria, fellowship programs, board-wise cut-off marks criteria, etc.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, Haryana| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Alliance University, Karnataka | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
Those candidates aspiring to get admission to IISER should be eligible to complete the dual degree (BS-MS) programs, and then they will get admission to the IISER. The applicants must have at least one of the following Eligibility criteria of IISER.
Those applicants seeking to get admission to the IISER; can apply through online mode via three channels i.e.
- State or Centre Board (SCB) Channel
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KYPE)
- JEE Advanced
State and Central Boards
- The applicants should be qualifying by Class XII or equivalent examination in the science stream in the year.
- Those candidates who belong to OBC- NCL and PWD categories; will get a 5% relaxation in marks.
- Those candidates appearing in the qualifying examination of the year 2017 can also apply for IISER Admission 2024.
- Candidates must appear in the Aptitude Test of IISER and score good marks to get admission.
- The cut-off percentage for the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates is 55% in the class XII examination applicable for all boards of India.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Basic Science Stream
- KVPY-SA [Candidates who appeared in 2019 and are selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SB [Candidates who appeared in 2020 and are selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SX [Candidates who appeared in 2024 and are selected for the Fellowship]
Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)
- Those candidates aspire to get admission in IISER; they must secure minimum aggregate marks of 60% in class XII or equivalent exams.
- The applicants need to qualify for JEE Advance and be within the rank of 10,000 in the entrance test.
- The candidates can get the rank category-wise; for reserved categories (OBCNC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank would be used.
- There are Additional cut-off criteria included.
IISER Eligibility Board-wise Cut-off marks following are
IISER Board-wise cut-off marks as mentioned below for candidates.
|Board||Cut Off Percentage|
|Jammu & Kashmir||84.4|
Candidates must carefully check the IISER 2024 Eligibility Criteria to appear in the entrance test. If any candidate finds ineligible later,ir admission will be cancelled on the spot.
You can leave comments below if you have any queries regarding IISER 2024 Eligibility Criteria.