Latest Applications Open 2024:
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Application Form will be Released on 18th April 2024. The Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission serve as a pivotal educational avenue for individuals aspiring to embark on a rewarding career in nursing. The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) was established by an Act of the Jammu and Kashmir State Legislature. The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations Act, 2002, came into existence on August 22, 2002. The establishment of JKBOPEE was aimed at conducting entrance examinations for various professional courses, facilitating the selection process, and ensuring transparency in admission procedures for both government and private institutions in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. The board plays a crucial role in organizing entrance tests for courses such as engineering, medical, dental, agricultural, and other professional disciplines, contributing to the overall educational framework in the region.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Exam will be held on 26th May 2024. GNM Nursing Admission comprehensive diploma course, extending throughout three and a half years, is meticulously designed to provide a holistic education encompassing both theoretical knowledge and practical skills essential for nursing practice. Aspiring candidates seeking admission to the Jammu and Kashmir GNM program must fulfil specific eligibility criteria. This typically includes the successful completion of their 10+2 education in the science stream from a recognized board, with a minimum aggregate percentage as stipulated by the admission authorities.
Candidates may be subject to age limitations, and adherence to specific medical fitness standards may be mandatory to ensure they can effectively fulfil the duties associated with nursing. The application process for Jammu and Kashmir GNM admission is a crucial step in initiating this educational journey. Prospective students are required to engage in online registration through the official website specified in the admission notification. The online application form mandates the provision of accurate personal and educational details, accompanied by the uploading of necessary documents.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Notification – Application Form Soon
What is Jammu and Kashmir GNM?
Jammu and Kashmir GNM refers to the General Nursing and Midwifery diploma program offered in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. It is a three-and-a-half-year course that prepares students for nursing practice. The curriculum includes theoretical subjects and practical training in hospitals and community health settings. Graduates become eligible to register as General Nurses and Midwives, allowing them to practice in healthcare settings. Admission is typically through entrance exams or merit-based selection processes regulated by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations or relevant nursing councils.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission 2024 Highlights
Step into a world of healthcare excellence with Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission 2024. Explore the highlights of this program, offering a transformative journey into nursing education and promising career avenues.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Jaipuria Institute of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- NIIT | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- MITWPU | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KL University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Alliance MBA | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Alliance UG | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
|General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
|10+2 with minimum aggregate marks
|Explore esteemed institutes across Jammu and Kashmir for quality education
|Phone – 0194-2437647, 0194-2433590, 0191-2470102, 0191-2479371, Email – email@example.com
|Various colleges spread across the picturesque landscapes of Jammu and Kashmir
|Diverse opportunities in the healthcare sector, ensure a fulfilling and impactful career
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission 2024 Important Dates
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission 2024 Mark your calendars for upcoming events and seize the opportunity to join the healthcare sector in this region.
|Application Form Release
|18th April 2024
|Last Date of Application Submission
|2nd May 2024
|Release of Admit Cards
|3rd week of May 2024
|26th May 2024
|Last week of July 2024
|Key Declaration (12th-based)
|By 6.00 PM on the day of the exam or up to Noon the next day
|Representation against Key (12th-based)
|Within 3 days after the exam
|1st to 4th week of October 2024
|Provisional Merit List
|1st week of October 2024
|Completion of the Admission Process
|By or before November/December 2024
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Latest News and Updates
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Application Form will be Released on 18th April 2024. Stay updated with the latest news and developments regarding the Jammu and Kashmir GNM program. From admission notifications to examination updates, this section keeps you informed about essential dates, procedural changes, and any other relevant information. Whether it’s application releases, exam schedules, or result announcements, we’ve got you covered with the most recent and accurate details. Make sure you don’t miss out on any crucial updates by staying tuned to this section for all things related to Jammu and Kashmir GNM.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Application Form
The journey towards pursuing the General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) program in Jammu and Kashmir commences with the meticulous completion of the online application form provided by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE).
This essential document is the gateway for aspiring healthcare professionals to enter the esteemed GNM courses offered within the region. The application process not only signifies the initial step towards a rewarding career in nursing but also reflects the commitment of BOPEE to a streamlined and transparent admission procedure.
- The application forms are exclusively submitted online through the designated portal on the official BOPEE website, www.jkbopee.gov.in.
- A nominal application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) is applicable, which is to be paid securely through the “Integrated Payment Gateway.”
- Candidates can conveniently utilize any National Credit Card, Debit Card, or other online payment facilities to complete the transaction.
- The e-brochure provided by BOPEE offers comprehensive guidance on filling out the application form, understanding eligibility criteria, and navigating the application process effectively.
- Candidates have the convenience of downloading essential documents, including the admission notification, e-Brochure, instructions, and the Admit Card, directly from the official BOPEE website.
- Information can also be accessed at Common Service Centres in J&K UT and National Informatics Centres situated at the office of the Deputy Commissioner in the respective districts.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Application Fees
Candidates applying for the General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) program in Jammu and Kashmir are required to submit their application forms online through the official website of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) at www.jkbopee.gov.in. The application process involves payment of a specified application fee, and here are the details:
- Application Submission: The application forms must be submitted exclusively through the BOPEE website within the prescribed date, as notified separately.
- Application Fee: The application fee for the Jammu and Kashmir GNM program is Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
- Payment Method: The payment of the application fee is to be made online through the “Integrated Payment Gateway.” Candidates can use any National Credit Card, Debit Card, or other online payment facilities for the transaction.
- Online Application Procedure: Detailed instructions regarding the filing of the application form, eligibility criteria, and other relevant information are available in the e-Brochure provided by BOPEE. It is strongly recommended that candidates thoroughly review the e-Brochure before initiating the online application process.
- Accessing Information: Candidates can download the admission notification, e-brochure, instructions, Admit Card, and any other relevant information directly from the official BOPEE website.
Additionally, these documents can be obtained from Common Service Centres in J&K UT at nominal charges or any National Informatics Centre located at the office of the Deputy Commissioner in the concerned district.
How to Fill Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Application Form
Aspiring candidates for the Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 are provided with a systematic guide to navigate the application process. The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) has outlined a step-by-step procedure for filling out the application form, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience for applicants.
- Visit the BOPEE Website: Go to www.jkbopee.gov.in. Click on the “Click to Apply” link/button under the “Online Applications” section for the Common Entrance Test on the home page.
- Examination Information Page: The page will display details specific to the Para-medical (CET) Examination, including the year and month of applying, the registration schedule, important instructions, and guidelines for uploading images and documents.
- Registration Schedule: Review the registration schedule, noting the start and last date for filling out the online application, payment deadlines, and document uploading last date.
- Important Instructions: Thoroughly read the important instructions provided on the website to ensure accurate and complete submission.
- Uploading Images: Follow the instructions for scanning and uploading photographs, signatures, and thumb impressions. The desired size for JPEG images is specified.
- Uploading Documents: Understand the guidelines for scanning and uploading required documents (Domicile Certificate, Date of Birth Certificate, Marks Sheet, Category Certificate, etc.) to PDF files. The specified size for PDF documents is outlined.
- Prepare Soft Copies: Before filling out the online form, ensure you have soft copies of the required documents and valid credit/debit card or net banking credentials for online payment.
- Filling out the Online Application Form: Click on “Click here to fill application” and follow the instructions provided. Fill in the details, upload the necessary documents, and enter the verification code. Submit the form, and verify or edit details if needed. Registration details are non-editable after submission.
- Payment Process: Click on “Make Payment” to enter application details, date of birth, and verification code. Make payment through debit card, credit card, or net banking. After successful payment, note down transaction details.
- Document Upload: Click on “Upload Documents” to enter application details, date of birth, and verification code. Choose and upload relevant PDF documents. Verify that the correct documents have been uploaded.
- Print Application Form: Click on “Print Application Form” to preview the application form with submitted details, including payment information. Print the application form for record and reference.
- Check Application Status: For those who have already applied, use the “Check Application Status” section to verify the status, payment, and document upload.
- Forgot Application No.: In case of a forgotten application number, use the “Forgot Application No.” section to retrieve it by providing the necessary details.
Required Document for Application Form
When applying for the Jammu and Kashmir GNM program, ensure you have the following essential documents ready.
- Educational Qualification Certificates: Copies of certificates and mark sheets of your 10th and 12th standard examinations.
- Domicile Certificate: Proof of your residence in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Category Certificate: If applicable, provide certificates for reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC).
- Date of Birth Certificate: A valid document verifying your date of birth.
- Passport-sized Photographs: Recent passport-sized photographs for application forms and other official purposes.
- Contact Information: Valid email address and phone number for communication purposes.
- Signature: A scanned copy of your signature for digital submissions.
Make sure to check the specific requirements outlined in the official application guidelines to ensure a smooth application process.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The GNM Course in Jammu and Kashmir is shaping future healthcare professionals. Aspiring candidates must meet specific eligibility criteria set by the JKBOPEE, serving as foundational requirements. These criteria ensure that individuals possess the essential qualifications and attributes needed for a career in nursing and midwifery.
- Candidates must be a domicile of the Union Territory (UT) of Jammu & Kashmir or UT of Ladakh.
- For candidates from UT of Ladakh, an ST (Scheduled Tribe) certificate issued by the competent authority of Ladakh will be treated as a domicile certificate.
- Candidates should be between 17 years old and not more than 35 years old as of December 31, 2024.
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with Science/Arts and English.
- For Open Merit Candidates: Minimum aggregate of 40% marks.
- For Reserved Category Candidates: Minimum 35% marks.
- Alternatively, candidates with 10+2 in English and 40% marks in the Vocational stream of Health Care Science from a recognized CBSE Board/Centre are eligible.
Candidates Appearing in the 10+2 Examination:
- Candidates appearing/appearing in the 10+2 (12th Class) examination in 2024 can also apply, provided they have qualified for the examination at the time of the declaration of the result in the Entrance Test or at the date of counselling as notified by the Board.
- Candidates with a Diploma in FMPHW (Female Multipurpose Health Worker), MMPHW (Male Multipurpose Health Worker), or ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwife) course registered with J&K Paramedical Nursing Council are eligible for lateral entry to the GNM course.
- There is no age bar for such candidates.
- Candidates who are registered ANM with 40% marks are eligible.
- Candidates must be medically fit.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for the GNM program in Jammu and Kashmir is meticulously designed by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE). This pattern serves as a roadmap for candidates aspiring to secure admission to GNM courses, ensuring a fair evaluation of their knowledge and skills.
- Test Centers: Srinagar and Jammu cities serve as the exclusive examination centres.
- Medium of Examination: The examination is conducted in English.
- Question Booklet Integrity: Candidates are responsible for verifying the integrity of the Question Booklet before answering any questions.
- Sections: The GNM entrance examination consists of four sections: English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Total Questions: There are a total of 120 questions across the four sections.
- Time Duration: Candidates have 2 hours to complete the examination.
- Question Type: Multiple-choice objective questions.
- Scoring: One mark is awarded for each correct answer, with a penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect response.
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- Admission Criteria: Candidates scoring below ten marks are not considered for admission.
|Number of Questions
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Syllabus
The Jammu and Kashmir General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) entrance test are designed to evaluate candidates based on the courses of study and syllabi of the 10th class. The syllabus encompasses key subjects, each contributing to the overall assessment. Below is an overview of the syllabus along with the broad weightage assigned to each subject in the entrance test:
|Number of Questions
|Pronouns, Conjunctions, Modal Auxiliaries, Reported Speech, Clauses, Sentence Patterns, Past Perfect, To-Infinitive, ING Forms
|Light – Reflection and Refraction, The Human Eye and the Colourful World, Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current, Sources of Energy
|Chemical Reactions and Equations, Periodic Classification of Elements, Carbon and Its Compounds, Metals and Non-Metals, Acids, Bases, and Salts
|Life Process, Control and Co-ordination, How Do Organisms Reproduce, Heredity and Genetics, Our Environment
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Best Books
Choosing the right books for preparation is crucial for success in any entrance examination. Here are some recommended books for the Jammu and Kashmir GNM entrance test:
|1. “High School English Grammar and Composition” by Wren and Martin, 2. “Word Power Made Easy” by Norman Lewis
|1. “Concepts of Physics” by H.C. Verma (Part 1 and 2), 2. “NCERT Physics Class 11 and 12”,3. “Understanding Physics” by D.C. Pandey
|1. “NCERT Chemistry Class 11 and 12”, 2. “Physical Chemistry” by O.P. Tandon, 3. “Organic Chemistry” by Morrison and Boyd, 4. “Inorganic Chemistry” by J.D. Lee
|1. “NCERT Biology Class 11 and 12”, 2. “Trueman’s Elementary Biology” by K.N. Bhatia, 3. “Objective Biology” by Dinesh
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Preparation Tips
Preparing for the Jammu and Kashmir GNM entrance test requires a strategic approach. Here are some preparation tips to help you excel in the exam:
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus. Know the number of questions, marking scheme, and subjects covered.
- Create a Study Schedule: Plan a study schedule that covers all subjects. Allocate specific time slots for each topic and prioritize based on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Use Recommended Books: Refer to the recommended books for each subject. Stick to standard textbooks and study materials to ensure comprehensive coverage of the syllabus.
- Practice with Previous Papers: Solve previous years’ question papers and sample papers to understand the exam pattern and improve time management. This also helps in identifying important topics.
- Take Mock Tests: Take regular mock tests to assess your preparation level. Mock tests simulate exam conditions and help you manage time effectively.
- Focus on Weak Areas: Identify your weak areas and dedicate more time to those topics. Strengthening your weaknesses will improve overall performance.
- Revise Regularly: Schedule regular revision sessions to reinforce what you’ve learned. Focus on key concepts and formulas in each subject.
- Stay Healthy: Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Get adequate sleep, eat well, and take short breaks during study sessions. Physical well-being contributes to better concentration.
- Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with any changes in the exam pattern or syllabus. Follow official announcements and notifications.
- Seek Guidance: If you have doubts or face difficulties in understanding certain topics, seek guidance from teachers, mentors, or fellow students.
- Stay Positive: Maintain a positive mindset. Believe in your preparation, stay calm during the exam, and approach each question with confidence.
- Time Management: Practice time management during your preparation and while solving mock tests. This skill is crucial during the actual exam.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Admit Card
The Admit Card for the Jammu and Kashmir General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) entrance examination is a vital document that serves as the key to accessing the test centre. No candidate will be permitted to enter the test venue without presenting the original Admit Card. The Admit Card can be downloaded within the specified period, and candidates are advised to check the official BOPEE websites for its availability. It’s important to note that possessing the Admit Card alone does not guarantee eligibility; candidates must fulfil all other requirements for participation.
A separate notification will be issued to inform candidates about the specific date for downloading the Admit Cards, emphasizing the importance of staying updated through regular checks on the official website. Candidates without internet access can utilize offline assistance at designated BOPEE offices by making a prior telephonic appointment and paying a nominal fee. The Admit Card should be preserved until the completion of the seat allotment, selection, or admission process. Additionally, candidates are reminded not to alter or deface the Admit Card in any manner, as its integrity is crucial for a legitimate and smooth examination experience.
How To Download Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admit Card
To download the Admit Card for the Jammu and Kashmir General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) entrance examination, follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit Official Website: Access the official website of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) at www.jkbopee.gov.in.
- Navigate to Admit Card Section: Look for the Admit Card or Examination section on the homepage. Click on the relevant link that corresponds to the GNM entrance examination.
- Login Credentials: You may be required to enter your login credentials, such as the Application Number, Date of Birth, or any other details as specified. Ensure that the information entered is accurate.
- Download Admit Card: Once logged in, locate the option to download the Admit Card. Click on the download or print button to save the Admit Card to your device.
- Check Details: After downloading, carefully review all the details mentioned on the Admit Card, including your name, photograph, exam centre, date, and time. Ensure that all information is correct.
- Print Color Copy: It is advisable to take a printout of the Admit Card on a colour printer. The Admit Card should be printed clearly, and the photograph should be visible.
- Preserve Admit Card: Preserve the printed Admit Card safely. It is a crucial document and will be required for entry to the examination centre. Do not deface or alter the Admit Card.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Exam Day Instructions & Guidelines
On the day of the Jammu and Kashmir General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) entrance examination, candidates are advised to adhere to the following instructions and guidelines to ensure a smooth and fair conduct of the examination:
- Reporting Time: Candidates should reach the examination centre well before the reporting time mentioned in the Admit Card. Latecomers may not be allowed entry, so it is crucial to adhere to the specified reporting time.
- Valid ID Proof: Carry a valid photo ID proof (original and photocopy) along with the Admit Card. The ID proof may include an Aadhar card, Passport, Voter ID, or any other government-issued identification.
- Admit Card: Carry the printed colour copy of the Admit Card downloaded from the official website. Ensure that the details on the Admit Card are accurate, and the photograph is visible.
- Stationery: Bring necessary stationery items such as pens, pencils, erasers, and any other items allowed as per the examination guidelines.
- Prohibited Items: Avoid bringing any prohibited items such as electronic gadgets, mobile phones, smart watches, calculators, or any other unauthorized materials into the examination hall.
- Dress Code: Follow the dress code specified by the examination authorities, if any. Avoid wearing any items with embedded communication devices.
- Biometric Verification: Be prepared for biometric verification at the examination centre.
- Exam Instructions: Listen attentively to the instructions provided by the invigilators before the commencement of the examination. Follow the guidelines for marking answers on the answer sheet.
- Maintain Silence: Maintain silence in the examination hall and avoid any form of communication with other candidates.
- Duration of Exam: Utilize the entire duration of the examination for answering questions. Keep track of time to ensure timely completion of the paper.
- Exit After Exam: Wait for instructions to leave the examination hall. Do not leave without permission.
By following these instructions, candidates can contribute to the fair and smooth conduct of the Jammu and Kashmir GNM entrance examinations.
Documents Required At Exam
When appearing for the Jammu and Kashmir General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) entrance examination, candidates are typically required to carry certain documents for verification purposes. While specific requirements may vary, the following list includes commonly requested documents:
- Admit Card: A printed colour copy of the Admit Card downloaded from the official website.
- Photo ID Proof: Any valid photo identification document along with a photocopy. This can include: an Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, PAN Card
- Passport-size Photographs: Carry a few recent passport-size photographs as per the specifications mentioned in the examination guidelines.
- Application Form Printout: If applicable, candidates may need to carry a printout of the submitted application form.
- Category Certificate: Reserved category candidates (if applicable) may be required to provide a valid category certificate.
- Domicile Certificate: Candidates may need to provide a domicile certificate as per the eligibility criteria, especially if applying under a specific category.
- Medical Certificate: A medical fitness certificate may be required to ensure that candidates are medically fit for the GNM course.
- Any Other Relevant Certificates: Depending on the specific requirements of the examination, candidates may be asked to provide additional certificates or documents.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Answer Key
After the conclusion of the Entrance Test for various Para-Medical and other Diploma Courses, the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) promptly releases the answer key on its official website. This answer key is accessible from the evening of the test date until noon on the following day, remaining available for three days. This allows candidates to review the key and submit representations in case of any perceived discrepancies in the Question Paper and Answer Key. Candidates can submit representations with proper proof from standard textbooks within three working days after the test to the BOPEE office in Srinagar or Jammu. A fee of Rs. 1000 per representation per paper is applicable, payable at the POS terminal at the J&K BOPEE office.
The consolidated representations are then referred to experts, and their opinion is considered final. If any revisions are made to the key, an updated version is uploaded on the BOPEE’s website. Subsequently, no further complaints regarding the answer key will be entertained. However, candidates have the option of requesting a re-totalling of marks by submitting a written request along with a payment receipt of Rs. 1000 at the POS terminal at J&K BOPEE Srinagar/Jammu. This application must be submitted within three days after the declaration of the result, and any requests received after this period will not be considered. The final results, along with merit lists and details of the selection process, are published in two local newspapers and on the official BOPEE website, ensuring transparency in the evaluation process.
How To Check Jammu and Kashmir GNM Answer Key
To check the Jammu and Kashmir GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) Answer Key, candidates can follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) at www.jkbopee.gov.in.
- Navigate to the Answer Key Section: Look for the section related to the answer key on the website. This information is usually available under the “Examinations” or “Downloads” section.
- Select the Relevant Exam: Find the specific link for the Jammu and Kashmir GNM Entrance Test Answer Key. Click on the link corresponding to the exam you have appeared for.
- Download the Answer Key: The answer key is typically provided in a PDF format. Download the document to your device.
- Verify Responses: Match your responses with the answers provided in the key. Carefully go through each question and cross-check your marked answers.
- Submit Representations (if needed): If you find any discrepancies or have concerns about specific questions, follow the process outlined by the board for submitting representations. This may involve providing proof from standard textbooks and paying a specified fee.
- Check for Updates: Keep an eye on the official website for any updates regarding the answer key, especially if there are revisions based on candidate representations.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission 2024 Result
The Jammu and Kashmir General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Admission Result marks a crucial milestone for aspiring healthcare professionals in the region. The result, a culmination of rigorous entrance examinations, determines the selection of candidates for admission to various GNM programs. After the conclusion of the entrance test, candidates can access the answer key on the Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) website.
Following a brief review period, candidates can submit representations for any discrepancies observed, ensuring a transparent evaluation process. The final results, including merit lists and further selection procedures, are subsequently published in local newspapers and on the official BOPEE website. This pivotal outcome sets the stage for the next steps in the admission process, shaping the academic journey for prospective nursing and midwifery professionals in Jammu and Kashmir.
How To Check Jammu and Kashmir GNM Result
To check the Jammu and Kashmir General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) result, candidates can follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Access the official website of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) at www.jkbopee.gov.in.
- Navigate to Results Section: Look for the “Results” or “Examination Results” section on the homepage. This section is where the board typically publishes the results of various examinations.
- Select GNM Result: Within the results section, find the link specifically related to the Jammu and Kashmir GNM exam results. Click on this link.
- Enter Credentials: You will likely be prompted to enter your specific details, such as your application or roll number. Provide the required information accurately.
- Download or View Result: After entering the necessary details, submit the information. The system will generate your result. You can choose to either download the result for future reference or view it directly on the website.
- Check Merit List (if available): In addition to individual results, the board often releases a merit list. Check if there is a merit list available, as it may highlight top-performing candidates.
- Print a Copy: Once you have checked and confirmed your result, it’s advisable to take a printout of the result for documentation purposes during further admission processes.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Provisional Merit List
The Jammu and Kashmir General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Provisional Merit List will be formulated based on the aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination (12th class) by the candidates if no entrance examination is conducted. However, if an entrance examination is conducted, the selection of candidates will be contingent on their performance in the entrance test and eligibility criteria.
- Entrance Test Performance: If an entrance examination is conducted, the merit list will be prepared in descending order of inter-se merit for both the Open Merit Category and Reserved Categories based on the entrance test results.
- Reserved Category Allotment: Inter-se merit within each reserved category will be considered for the allotment of seats in Government Para-medical Colleges.
- Vacancies in Reserved Category: If the number of candidates in a reserved category is less than the available seats, the remaining vacancies will be filled by candidates in the open merit category based on merit.
- Tie-Breaker Criteria: In case two or more candidates have the same marks in the entrance test, the following criteria will be considered:
|Marks obtained in Chemistry component.
|Marks obtained in the Physics component if Chemistry marks are equal.
|Marks obtained in the English component of Physics and Chemistry marks are equal.
|Candidates older in age if marks in Chemistry, Physics, and English are the same.
If the Board does not conduct an entrance test, the merit list will be prepared based on marks obtained in the qualifying examination. In case of a tie, the candidate’s date of birth (D.O.B.) will be considered, and the older candidate will be preferred. If needed, the first alphabet of the candidate’s name will be considered for further tie-breaking.
How to Check Provisional Merit List
To check the Provisional Merit List for Jammu and Kashmir GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) Admission, candidates can follow these general steps. However, it’s crucial to note that the exact procedure may vary, and candidates should refer to the official website or notification provided by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) for the most accurate and updated information:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of Jammu and Kashmir BOPEE, which is www.jkbopee.gov.in.
- Navigate to the Merit List Section: Look for the section related to merit lists or admissions on the website. This information is usually available under the “Admissions” or “Results” section.
- Select the Relevant Exam or Course: Find the specific link for the Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission Provisional Merit List. Click on the link corresponding to the course you have applied for.
- Download the Merit List: The provisional merit list is typically provided in a PDF format. Download the document to your device.
- Check Your Rank: Look for your name or roll number in the merit list. The list is usually arranged in order of merit, with candidates having higher scores ranked higher.
- Follow Additional Instructions: The merit list document may contain additional instructions or details regarding further steps in the admission process.
- Keep Updated: Check the official website regularly for any updates, notifications, or changes in the admission process.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Counselling
The Jammu and Kashmir GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) Counselling process is a crucial step in the admission procedure. Candidates are advised to take Counselling seriously as not joining the allotted streams or institutions during Counselling can lead to repeated rounds, causing delays in the admission process.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Online Preference Form
Candidates should fill in the online/offline preference form with careful consideration, diligence, and application of mind.
Any carelessness in choosing preferences may result in not getting a seat in the desired institution, regardless of the candidate’s merit position.
The instructions for filling out the Online Preference Form for (12th based) Para-Medical & other Diploma courses-2023 in the UT of Jammu & Kashmir/Ladakh are as follows:
- General Instructions: Candidates are advised to read the instructions contained in the form before submitting it. BOPEE seeks preferences from candidates eligible for (12th based) Para-Medical & other Diploma courses-2023 through online/offline mode. The form allows candidates to indicate preferences for various colleges and institutions for seat allotment.
- Registration and Password: Candidates need to enter mandatory details for registration and obtain a password for subsequent logins. The password is essential for accessing the online preference form.
- Disciplines and Institutions: The form provides details of available disciplines and institutions during the online/offline filling of preferences.
- Dummy Exercise: Candidates can conduct a dummy exercise (rehearsal) of filling preferences to understand the process. This feature will be available until the Board decides to close it.
- Entrance Result Details: During the dummy exercise, candidates should keep their (12th based) Para-Medical & other Diploma courses-2024 Entrance Result details handy (Application No., Score, Rank, etc., if an Entrance Examination was conducted).
- Facilitation of Preferences: Candidates should select their most preferred preference first (Govt. Colleges) along with the College of preference. Preferences for the discipline and college should be filled in order.
- Minimum Preference Requirement: Candidates must fill up at least one preference for a college/institute to proceed further.
- Modification of Preferences: Candidates can modify their preferences until they finally submit/lock the Preference Form. Once submitted, modifications are not allowed.
- Fee Payment: A non-refundable fee of Rs. 1000/- must be paid online. After online fee submission, the candidate’s preference form will be locked.
- Sufficient Time for Form Submission: Candidates will have sufficient time to fill in the Preference Form, and they are advised not to rush through the process.
- Download/Print Copy: Candidates who submit the form online should download/print at least one copy of the Preference Form for their records.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Counselling Fee
In the Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 counselling, candidates need to approach the process seriously. When indicating their preferences, candidates should be careful and thoughtful. It’s stressed that being careless during this step might mean not getting the desired seat or institution, even if they have a good merit position.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Online Counseling
The Jammu and Kashmir GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) admission process involves both online and physical Counselling methods.
- Eligible candidates, who have qualified for the examination, participate in online Counselling.
- They need to fill in an online preference form, indicating their choices of disciplines and institutions.
- A Counselling fee of Rs. 1000/- is required to be paid online as per the instructions provided in the Brochure.
- The online process allows candidates to choose their preferences with convenience and flexibility.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Physical Counseling
- Candidates who qualify and are listed in the Merit List may participate in physical Counselling.
- They fill in preference forms and need to be present during the Counselling process, appearing before the Counselling committee.
- A Counselling fee of Rs. 1000/- is required to be paid through POS machines at BOPEE offices.
- The Counselling involves in-person interaction, and candidates must bring original documents for verification.
- Physical Counselling is conducted based on merit, and candidates are called in order of their merit position.
Both Counselling methods are essential steps in the selection process, providing candidates with opportunities to express their preferences for disciplines and institutions. It is emphasized that candidates should approach these processes with careful consideration to secure their desired seats.
Documents Required at Counselling
During the Counselling process for Jammu and Kashmir GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery), candidates are typically required to submit various original documents for verification.
|10th and 12th class mark sheets and certificates.
|Qualifying examination mark sheets and certificates.
|GNM Entrance Exam result or scorecard (if applicable).
|Residence certificate or domicile certificate for domicile proof.
|Category certificate (if applicable).
|Aadhar card or any other government-issued photo identity proof.
|Birth certificate or any other document specifying the candidate’s date of birth.
|Medical Fitness Certificate.
|Recent passport-sized photographs of the candidate.
|Certificate of good conduct or character certificate from the last attended institution.
|Entrance Exam Admit Card and Rank Card (if applicable).
|Receipt of the Counselling fee payment.
|Undertakings/Documents as Required by College/Institute.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Seat Allotment
The seat allotment process for Jammu and Kashmir GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) involves several rounds of Counselling, upgradation, and a final/special round. Here’s an overview of the seat allotment process:
First Round of Counseling:
- Candidates are allotted seats based on their preferences and merit-cum-preference.
- After the seat allotment, candidates must accept the allotment and join the respective college by completing the necessary formalities.
- Additional rounds are conducted to fill seats that become available due to non-joining, resignation, etc.
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat in the first round may participate in upgradation rounds to improve their choice.
- Fresh preferences are indicated, and seats are allotted based on merit-cum-preference.
- Candidates must surrender earlier allotted seats to participate in subsequent rounds.
Physical Round of Upgradation/Allotment (2nd Round):
- Eligible candidates fill out fresh preference forms.
- Physical presence is required before the Counselling committee.
- Seats vacated due to upgradation are added to the matrix.
Third Round of Counseling:
- Similar to the 2nd round, conducted online or physically.
- Candidates who did not join after previous rounds may not be eligible.
Conversion of Category Seats:
- Vacant category seats may be converted to OM (Open Merit) seats.
- Conversion and filling of seats are done through physical Counselling.
Final/Special Round (Mopping Up Round):
- Conducted by personal Counselling, if required.
- Eligible candidates who couldn’t secure seats earlier can participate.
- The allotment is instant through personal Counselling.
- Admissions close on the last date fixed by regulatory authorities.
- No further admissions are allowed after the specified date.
- Efforts are made to ensure that candidates with higher merit get seats of their preference.
- Candidates must report on time during physical Counselling.
- Seat choices made during Counselling cannot be changed later.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission Process 2024
The admission process for General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) courses in Jammu and Kashmir typically involves several stages, including application, entrance examination (if applicable), Counselling, and document verification. Here is a general overview of the admission process:
- Notification and Application: The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) or the concerned authority release a notification for GNM admissions. Candidates need to check the official website or bulletin for eligibility criteria, important dates, and application procedures. Interested candidates submit online or offline applications within the specified timeframe.
- Entrance Examination (if applicable): If there is an entrance examination for GNM admissions, candidates are required to appear for the exam. The examination syllabus, pattern, and other details are provided in the official notification.
- Declaration of Results: The results of the entrance examination are announced, and a merit list is prepared based on candidates’ performance.
- Counselling Process: Qualified candidates are called for Counselling based on their ranks in the merit list. During Counselling, candidates exercise their preferences for GNM colleges and courses. The seat allotment is done based on merit, preferences, and availability of seats.
- Document Verification: Candidates who are allotted seats need to undergo document verification. Original documents, such as educational certificates, domicile proof, category certificates (if applicable), etc., are verified.
- Payment of Fees: Candidates need to pay the prescribed admission fees after the seat allotment.
- Seat Confirmation and Reporting to College: After the payment of fees, candidates receive a provisional admission letter. Candidates must report to the allotted GNM college within the specified timeframe for final admission.
- Commencement of Classes: The academic session begins as per the schedule, and candidates start attending classes.
- Upgradation Rounds (if applicable): If there are subsequent rounds for seat upgradation, candidates may participate to improve their seat allotment based on their preferences.
- Final/Special Round (if applicable): In case of vacant seats, a final or special round of Counselling may be conducted for candidates who have not been allotted seats earlier.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Admission Fee
In the pursuit of quality healthcare education, the Jammu and Kashmir government have outlined a comprehensive fee structure for General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) courses across government institutions. The fee details are designed to facilitate aspiring students in making informed decisions regarding their education investment.
|Tuition Fee for GNM Courses in Government Institutions
|General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
|Rs. 9000/- per year*
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission 2024 Reservation Policy
The Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission Reservation Policy is designed to ensure fair representation and equal opportunities for candidates from diverse backgrounds in the General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) admission process. The policy outlines the percentage of reserved seats for various categories, taking into consideration factors such as social and educational backwardness, economic status, physical challenges, and special achievements in sports. Additionally, specific provisions are made for the children of defence personnel, para-military forces, state police personnel, and outstanding sports performers.
- Reservation benefits are subject to the submission of a valid category certificate with the online Application Form.
- The policy also addresses the renewal process for expiring certificates to maintain their validity during Counselling.
- Candidates can choose only one reserved category, and this choice is final, with no provision for changes at any stage of the admission process.
- The percentage of reserved seats may vary as notified by the Government from time to time.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (Other than SC and ST)
|(a) Weak and Under Privileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)
|(b) Residents of the Area Adjoining the Actual Line of Control (ALC) / International Border (IB)
|(c ) Residents of Backward Area (RBA)
|(d) Pahari Speaking People (PSP)
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs)
|Physically Challenged Persons (Horizontal)
|i. Children of Defence Personnel (CDP)
|ii. Children of Para Military forces & State Police personnel
|iii. Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in sports
Jammu and Kashmir GNM Admission 2024 Top Colleges
Explore the leading GNM colleges in Jammu and Kashmir, where academic excellence meets hands-on training. These institutions are shaping the future of nursing professionals, providing a holistic education that blends theory with practical skills.
|Govt. AMT School Bakshi Nagar Jammu
|Govt. ANMT School Gandhi Nagar Jammu
|Govt. GNM School Akhnoor
|Govt. ANMT School Kathua
|Govt. GNM School Kathua
|Govt. ANM School Reasi
|Govt. ANMT School Udhampur
|Govt. GNM School Udhampur
|Govt. ANMT School Rajouri
|Govt. ANMT School Poonch
|Govt. ANMT School DODA
|Govt. ANM School Kishtwar
|Govt. ANM School Ramban
|Govt. AMT School Srinagar
|Govt. ANMT School Srinagar
|Govt. GNM School Srinagar
|Govt. ANMT School Anantnag
|Govt. GNM School Anantnag
|Govt. ANMT School Baramulla
|Govt. GNM School Baramulla
|Govt. ANMT School Pulwama
|Govt. GNM School Pulwama
|Govt. ANMT School Kupwara
|Govt. GNM School Kupwara
|Govt. ANMT School Ganderbal
|Govt. GNM School Ganderbal
|Govt. ANMT School Shopian
|Govt. GNM School Shopian
|Madre Mehrban Institute of Health Sciences
|Prabah Harji Lal College of Pharmacy
|JSS College of Pharmacy
|Indian Institute of Technical Training
|Kawa College of Paramedical Sciences
|Guru Institute of Nursing and Paramedical
|A V Institute of Nursing & Medical Sciences
|Baba Budhan Ali Shah Paramedical Institute
|MMC Paramedical Institute
|Jammu College of Nursing and Paramedical
|S Sidharatha Paramedical Training Institute
|Galaxy Paramedical College
|JK Institute of Nursing and Paramedical
|IGES Institute of Nursing & Health Sciences
|BN Institute of Nursing & Paramedical
|Vinayak Institute of Nursing & Paramedical
|BMS Institute of Paramedical Sciences
|Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Contact Information
For any assistance or guidance regarding Jammu and Kashmir GNM admissions, applicants can contact the Help Desk of the BOPEE during office hours on working days.
- Address: 2RW3+H9W, Baghat-i, opposite J&K Bank, Barzulla, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190015
- Phone: 0194-2437647, 0194-2433590, 0191-2470102, 0191-2479371
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 Conclusion
Jammu and Kashmir GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) program stands as a gateway to a rewarding career in nursing. With its top-notch colleges, comprehensive curriculum, and commitment to healthcare excellence, it offers aspiring nurses a promising platform to contribute to the well-being of the community. Embracing this educational journey opens doors to a fulfilling profession, ensuring the delivery of compassionate and competent healthcare services. Aspiring healthcare professionals can confidently embark on this path, confident in the knowledge that Jammu and Kashmir GNM equips them with the skills and knowledge needed for a successful nursing career.
For any other query about Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024, you can leave your query below in the comment box.
Jammu and Kashmir GNM 2024 FAQs
Can I do GNM after 12th arts in Kashmir?
Yes, students from the Arts stream can pursue GNM in Kashmir after completing their 12th standard.
Which subject is best for GNM nursing?
GNM nursing covers various subjects, emphasizing biology, psychology, and community health, providing a holistic approach to nursing care.
Is Jammu and Kashmir GNM better than BSc Nursing?
The choice between Jammu and Kashmir GNM and BSc Nursing depends on personal preferences and career goals. Both offer valuable nursing education.
Is English compulsory for Jammu and Kashmir GNM?
Yes, proficiency in English is usually required for GNM in Jammu and Kashmir to ensure effective communication in the healthcare setting.
Is Jammu and Kashmir GNM only for girls or boys?
GNM courses in Jammu and Kashmir are generally open to both girls and boys, promoting inclusivity in the nursing profession.
How can I join the GNM course in Jammu and Kashmir GNM?
To join the GNM course in Jammu and Kashmir, you need to follow the admission process outlined by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE).
Do Jammu and Kashmir GNM have a Job scope?
Yes, completing GNM in Jammu and Kashmir opens up various job opportunities in hospitals, clinics, and community health settings, ensuring a promising career.
What is the total fee for the GNM diploma course?
The total fee for the GNM diploma course in Jammu and Kashmir varies among colleges. It is advisable to check with specific institutions for accurate information.
Which is better, Jammu & Kashmir GNM or Jammu & Kashmir GNM?
Both Jammu and Kashmir regions offer quality GNM education. The choice depends on personal preferences, location convenience, and specific college reputations.
How many years is the GNM course in Jammu and Kashmir?
The GNM course duration in Jammu and Kashmir is generally 3 years, including both theoretical and practical training.
Hello! I’m Priyanka Mishra, an Arts postgraduate and the vibrant force at iaspaper.net. My role involves wielding the magic wand, and skillfully updating the dynamic realms of Board Exams and Nursing Exams. With a palette of knowledge, I paint the canvas of information with flair and precision, ensuring our users receive not just updates but a symphony of accurate details. IASpaper.net, turning ordinary exam information into an extraordinary experience is my daily masterpiece.