Latest Applications Open 2023:
MH SET is known as the Maharashtra State Eligibility Test regulated by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Govt. of Maharashtra which entrance test is held state-wise. The candidates must have a Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of MH-SET.
The candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by an Indian University/Institute or a Foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate, with a Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in)
Such candidates who qualify for MH-SET will be required to submit an equivalence certificate from AIU, Immediately after the result of the MH-SET Examination). Here, through this content, applicants will know complete information about Maharashtra State Eligibility Test 2023 Eligibility Criteria.
MH SET Eligibility Criteria 2023
|Qualification||Master’s Degree from any recognized University|
|AIU Certificate After SET Result|
|Marking Scheme (General)||55% Marks (without gracing or in Masters or equivalent examination)|
|50% Marks (without gracing or in Masters or equivalent examination)|
|Orphans & EWS candidates||submit Eligibility Certificate issued by the competent authority|
|Appearing Candidates||Appearing Candidates of the 1st, 2nd year of Master’s Degree irrespective with the semester are not eligible for the MH SET 2023 exam|
(Waiting for Result)
|Candidates Appeared for a Master’s Degree final year Waiting for the result are eligible for the MH SET 2023|
|Other State Candidates
(Other than Goa & Maharashtra)
|Other State treated as Open Category|
Candidate can refer to the Complete Eligibility Criteria as mentioned below-
- The candidates other than SC/ST/OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/SEBC/Trans-genders category, who have secured at least 55% marks (without gracing or rounding off ) in Master’s or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.
- OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/SEBC (belonging to the non-creamy layer) and SC/ST/PH/VH/Trans-genders (PH-Physically Handicapped, VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
- The candidates belonging to DT(A)(VJ)/NT (B, C, D)/SBC/ SEBC must submit a valid category certificate recognized by the Govt. of Maharashtra & Goa.
- The OBC certificate will not be accepted instead of said categories (The OBC certificate is accepted only at a national level for UGC-NET and UGC-CSIR NET instead of said categories).
- The candidates who are studying in the first year of two years Masters’s Course or the first two semesters of a four-semester course of Master’s Degree are not eligible to appear for this test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PH/VH/Trans-genders and BC/SBC/DT (A) /NT(B) /NT(C)/NT(D)/ SEBC (belonging to non-creamy layer) such candidates must complete their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of MH SET Result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
Another state Candidates
- The candidates of other States (other than Maharashtra & Goa) belonging to reserved categories shall be treated as Open category, as per the rules of the Maharashtra and Goa States.
- Candidates can appear for MH SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. It will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility documents concerning the claims made in their application, after the result of the SET Examination.
Already Qualified Candidates
- A candidate who has already qualified MH-SET in a subject, will not be allowed to appear again for MH-SET in the same subject. The candidates violating this rule will be liable for initiating legal action.
- To apply for the MH SET, there is no upper age limit.
- As per the U.G.C. rules, the candidates who have passed M.Sc. (by Research) Are not eligible to appear for the MH-SET.
- The MH SET State Agency will not issue any mark sheet to qualified/nonqualified candidates. Students should note that there is a provision for online verification of the MH SET result. The MH SET Unit will issue an e-certificate to qualified candidates only on verification of the Eligibility documents immediately after the result of the MH SET Examination.
The Exam pattern of MH SET consists the Paper I, Paper II, and Paper III for this examination. This examination will hold three papers in one day. It is held in two different sessions.
The mode of the examination is the object type for the candidate. The test consists of three papers. All three papers consist of only objective types of questions and will be held on the day of the Examination in two separate sessions.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
Those candidates will apply for this examination; they have to make a good preparation for the exam, so syllabus preparation is most important for the candidates. There is the Paper I and II Syllabus of each subject.
If you any query regarding MH SET Eligibility Criteria 2023, you can ask your query and leave comments below.