Latest Applications Open 2023:
The candidates must check NDA Eligibility Criteria 2024 before applying. NDA stands for (National Defense Academy ), UPSC stands for (Union Public Service Commission ), and UPSC conducts NDA exams. And UPSC conducts the examination twice a year; candidates need to fill out the online application form for the NDA exam. The candidate should carefully choose the centre for the examination in an online application form, and the applicant is advised to submit only a single application form. And there will be informed of the timetable and examination place.
NDA is a Premier Joint Training Institution and Center for Indian Army Force (Indian Army, Indian Air, and Indian Navy). The NDA is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra, Pincode – 411023. The online application is in two parts. Part I of the form application is for your details, and part II is for your payment info.
The candidates must use only a black ball pen in the written examination and mark the answer. Please don’t use it with any other colour pen. And the candidate should know that there will be negative marks in the NDA examination. After completing the written exam, there will be an interview taken by SSB ( Services Selection Board ).
Interested candidates can apply for the NDA 2024 from 21st April 2024 (for NDA I) and 1st September 2024 (for NDA II).
Kindly Do Not Contact The National Defence Academy Regarding Eligibility Criteria, Examination Details, Or Result Schedules Regarding The Entrance Examination And Service Selection Board Interviews And Their Results.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, Haryana| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Alliance University, Karnataka | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
|Eligibility Criteria (As obtained from the official recruitment website of the Indian Army)|
|Age between||As per the UPSC notification|
|Qualification||12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF & Navy|
|Application to be Received by||As per the UPSC notification|
|Likely SSB Date||Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr|
|Date Commencement of Training||Jan and Jul|
|Training Academy||NDA, Khadakwasla, Pune|
|Duration of Training||3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at IMA(For Army cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)/
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: — 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy
- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
Such candidates who qualify for the SSB interview but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview should forward duly self-attested Photocopies to ‘Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West BlockJII, R.K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066’ and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011′.
All other candidates who have produced their Matriculation and 10+2 pass or equivalent certificates in original at the time of attending the SSB interview and have got the same verified by the SSB authorities are not required to submit the same to Army HQ or Naval HQ as the case may be.
Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the Institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies/photo state copies of such certificates will not be accepted.
In exceptional cases, the Commission may treat a candidate who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified, provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which, in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.
- NOTE 1: Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- NOTE 2: Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th Class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a particular concession given to them.
They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th Class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 24th December 2024), and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board/University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.
- NOTE 3: Candidates who the Ministry of Defence debars from holding any Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination. If admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
- NOTE 4: Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2024, per Appendix IV guidelines.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of the Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
Candidates Appearing for 12th:
- Candidates appearing 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for the examination.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- Candidates who the Ministry of Defence debars from holding any Commission in the Defence Services shall not qualify for admission to the examination. If admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI in cash or by using the net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Mysore /State Bank of Travancore / State Bank of Patiala or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- The fee, once paid, shall not be refunded under any circumstances, nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
- OBC candidates are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
- The sons of serving/ex-Junior Commissioned Officers/Non-Commissioned Officers/Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian Navy/Indian Air Force are also not required to pay the prescribed fee if they are studying in Military School (formerly known as King George’s School)/Sainik School run by Sainik Schools Society.
Candidates must rectify minor defects/ailments to speed up the finalization of a medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB. A few of such commonly found defects/ailments are listed below:
- Wax (Ears).
- Deviated Nasal Septum.
- Under Sized Chest.
- Permanent body tattoos are accepted only on the inner face of a forearm. Tattoos on the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of the palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand/Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are unacceptable.
- Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case-by-case basis.
- Comdt Selection Centre will be the competent authority for clearing such cases.
Height/Weight Standards for Army/Air Force:
|Height (cms)||Weight in Kgs|
|(without shoes)||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height/Weight Standards for Navy:
|Height (cms)||Weight in Kgs|
|(without shoes)||16 years||18 years||20 years|
|Leg Length||99.00 cms||120.00 cms|
|Thigh Length||–||64.00 cms|
|Sitting Height||81.50 cms||96.00 cms|
Eyesight Eligibility for Naval Candidates:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I|
Eyesight Eligibility for Air Force Candidates:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Sph|
|Manifest Myopia||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Maddox Rod Test
The details of the Maddox Rot Test are as the following:
|At 6 meters||Exo-6 prism D|
|Eso-6 prism D|
|Hyper-1 prism D|
|Hypro-1 prism D|
|At 33 cms||Exo-16 prism D|
|Eso-6 prism D|
|Hyper-1 prism D|
|Hypo-1 prism D|
In case of any doubt or query regarding NDA Eligibility Criteria 2024, you may ask us by commenting below.