Latest Applications Open 2024:
UCEED 2024 Admission to B. Des Programme Eligibility Notification has been released now. The eligibility criteria for UCEED are prepared by the conducting body, IIT Bombay.
The UCEED eligibility criteria 2024 provides information about the eligibility required for the entrance exam.
Candidates who want admission to UCEED must fulfil the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria of UCEED include age limit, qualification, number of attempts, etc.
UCEED Eligibility Criteria
Applicants from India & also outside India can apply.
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1999, if belonging to the OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1994, if belonging to the SC, ST, or PwD category.
Number of Attempts:-
A candidate can attempt UCEED a maximum of two times in consecutive years. The UCEED score is valid for one year and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2024 OR appearing in 2022. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible.
Also, Check Below-
UCEED 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are NOT citizens of India at the time of registering for UCEED 2024 (by birth or naturalization) and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under the PIO/OCI category at the time of registering for UCEED 2024 are treated as foreign nationals. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are redundant, with a cap of 10% of the total available seats in the course. The availability of supernumerary seats will be announced at seat allocation.
The seats allotted to OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)/PIO (Person of Indian Origin) cardholders will be under an Open category but not redundant. Foreign Nationals and OCI/PIO card holders are outside the ambit of reservations.
However, appearing in UCEED 2024 is a must for all candidates for admission.
List of Qualifying Examinations
- It is important that candidates have to pass class 10 + 2 or any equivalent examination in 2017 or 2022.
- The candidates must have passed the class 12th examination by the central or state board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The final examination of the two-year courses of the joint services wing of the National Defense Academy.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling must conduct the senior secondary examination with a minimum of five subjects.
- The public school, board, or university examination in India or a foreign country must be recognized as equivalent to the 10 + 2 class by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- S. C. vocational examination.
- Diploma recognized by All India Council for Technical Education or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) Level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- If the candidate is passed from outside India or any other Board, they must produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities.
- If the candidate has passed class 12th and is not a public examination, then the candidate must have passed at least one public examination earlier.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Des. Admission
- The candidates appearing for their qualifying examination class 12th or equivalent in 2018 or 2024 are eligible for admission.
- The candidates should have qualified in UCEED 2024.
- If a qualifying examination Board awards only letter grades without providing information on the
passing grade on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board
specifying the passing grade and upload it along with the grade sheet.
- Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary. However, seats allotted to OCI/PIO candidates are not redundant.
If you any queries regarding UCEED 2024 Eligibility Criteria, you can ask your query and leave comments below.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.