Latest Applications Open 2024:
CEED stands for [Common Entrance Examination for Design], PhD in Design at some Institutes. CEED is conducted by IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur. For Master of Design (M.Des.) programmes carried out at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur.
Qualifying Examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur, and to PhD programmes in Design in some Institutes.
Master of Design (M.Des.)
- IISc Bangalore – Des. in Product Design and Engineering.
- IIT Bombay – M.Des. in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design.
- IIT Delhi – M.Des. in Industrial Design.
- IIT Guwahati – M.Des. in Design.
- IIT Hyderabad – M.Des. in Visual Design.
- IIT Kanpur – M.Des. in Design.
PhD in Design
- IISc Bangalore
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Kanpur
GATE qualified candidates will also be considered for admission to these programmes
CEED conduct the examination in the following cities:-
Applicants should compulsorily choose three cities in the order of preference at the of online application is submitted, request for a change of city will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
If a sufficient number of applications is not available in a city, then it may be dropped from the final list and applicants will be allotted to a city of their second or third choice. However, the CEED committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one and allot a city that may not be among any of the choices of a candidate.
A city may have more than one examination centre. In such case, a request for change of a centre within the same city will not be permitted under any circumstance.
Instruction for Examination
- The examination is of 3 hours duration. The Question paper contains in two parts, Part A and Part B. There is a total of 50 questions in Part A and five questions in Part B. Duration of Part A is One Hour, and duration for Part B is Two Hours.
- Answers to Part A have to be entered into the computer. Answers to Part B have to be given in the answer book provided by the supervisor. PART A contains three sections, Section I, Section II and Section III.
- PART A, Section I (Q.1 -5, Total ten marks) contains a total of 5 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. For these NAT type questions, an answer is a number that needs to be entered using the virtual keyboard on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these questions. There is negative marking for this section. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks, and each wrong answer will be awarded -0.6 marks. Questions not attempted will result in zero marks.
- PART A, Section II (Q.6 -15, Total 20 marks) contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ). Each MSQ type question has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices. The applicant gets two marks only if she/he selects all the correct answers. There is no negative or partial marking for this section.
- PART A, Section III (Q.16 -50, Total 70 marks) contains a total of 35 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer. There is negative marking for this section. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks, and each wrong answer will be awarded -0.6 marks. Questions not attempted will be given zero marks.
- Charts, graph sheets, tables, cellular phone or other electronic gadgets are not allowed in the examination hall.
- A Scribble Pad will be provided for rough work.
Fill up Online Application form
Carry with you the following document ready before filling the online application form: –
- Photograph in jpg format.
- Signature in jpg format.
- Degree certificate or certificate from Principal/Head of the department in pdf format.
- Cast certificate in pdf format (for SC/ST/OBC category candidates only).
- Medical certificate in pdf format (for candidates claiming PWD status).
- Experience certificate in case of candidates with G.D. Arts qualification.
Eligibility criteria for Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
For M.Des.: The applicants should have a valid CEED score and a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST) or equivalent grades in the qualifying examination, which are,
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design/ Interior Design or equivalent (4 years duration after 10+2).
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent of 4 years duration after 10+2).
- F.A. (4-year professional programme, after 10+2).
- D. Art (5-year programme after 10th) with one-year post-qualification, professional experience.
- Master’s degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications (2 year programme after10+2+3).
For Ph.D: M.Des. / M.Arch. / M.Tech. / M.Phil. / MFA / M.A / M.Sc / Postgraduate Diploma in Design of NID, Ahmedabad OR equivalent.
For general category students and for students where no concession in academic performance is called for, eligibility requires meeting any one of the following criteria as regards performance in the qualifying degree: –
- A minimum of 55 Percent marks (50% marks for SC/ST) in the final academic year of the programme.
- A minimum of 55 Percent marks (50% marks for SC/ST) in aggregate or as specified by the university (any one of them).
- First-class as specified by the University.
- A minimum CPI of 5.5 (5.0 CPI for SC/ST) on the scale of 10; with corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than on 10 – for example, on a scale of 8, the minimum will be 4.4.
For any other query regarding the CEED Full Form, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.
Co-founder & Developer at IAS Paper
I am a 20-year-old guy from Mumbai (Maharashtra) currently doing Software Engineering.I love helping people and providing free education.
Official Website http://www.sharozdawa.com