Latest Applications Open 2024:
CEED stands for [Common Entrance Examination for Design] is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) And examination city for CEED programme at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur. In CEED language of the question paper is English.
Part A Syllabus
- Visualisation and Spatial Ability
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Language and Creativity
- Design Thinking and Problem Solving
- Observation and Design Sensitivity
Part B Syllabus
- Communication Skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Architecture/Design/Interior Design or equivalent (4 years programme after 10+2).
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent of 4 years programme after 10+2).
- F.A. (4-year professional programme after 10+2).
- G.D. Art (5-year programme after 10th)
- Master’s degree in Arts/ Science/ Computer Applications (2 year programme after 10+2+3).
NOTE: An applicant with three years Bachelor degree is not eligible. The applicant is responsible for proving eligibility while applying for CEED.
- 1,100 for all women applicants
- 1,100 for [SC/ ST/ PwD] applicants
- 2,200 for all other candidates
Note that this fee is not – refundable and not – transferable. The application fee has to be paid through the payment option provided on the website while submitting the Application form. Detailed instruction related to the payment of application fee is given on the online application portal. Credit card debited card and net – banking option is available. The application fee shown above doesn’t include service and other charges and the proceeding fees that the banks may levy.
Applying for Admission to Various Programmes
- Qualifying in CEED does not guarantee admission to any programme. An applicant must apply to the respective institutes for admission and fulfil other requirements such as tests and interviews of the respective institutes to become eligible for admission.
- The announcement for admission to the postgraduate programmes in design will be notified separately by different institutes. Applicants are advised to visit the websites of respective institutes for information and application procedure for the programmes.
- Reservation for various categories will be as per Government of India rules applicable at the time of admission. A limited number of assistantships based on merit are available to the CEED qualified students to pursue the programmes.
- The criteria for postgraduate admission and award of scholarship/assistance are different in different institutes. GATE-JAM-CEED office, IIT Bombay does not provide information in this regard. For more details or any specific queries on admission and programmes of any institute, the candidate should contact the concerned head/convener/coordinator of the department.
Reporting at the Examination Centre
- Reporting time: the applicants should report at the examination centre at 08:00hrs (120minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination). This is to record the biometric information (thumb impression and photograph) before appearing for the examination.
- Identity proof: An applicants should also bring a photo identity proof (original) along with the admit card to the examination centre. The applicant will not be admitted to the examination centre without a proper admit card and an identity proof (college issued identity card, passport, driving license, PAN card, Voter ID or Aadhaar card).
- An applicant must bring their pencils, sketch pens, poster colours and other drawing materials for the examination. Applicants should not bring drawing sheets to the examination hall.
- Electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, calculators, etc. are not allowed in the examination hall. Use of any electronic gadget will make the applicants disqualified.
- The seating arrangement will be displayed on the notice board of the examination centre
- The language of the question paper is English.
- The examination will consist of two parts; Part A and Part B. the applicant have to attempt questions from both the parts. Part A contains objective type questions (MCQ, MSQ and NAT) and Part B consists of design and hand drawing type questions.
- Part A will be conducted from 10:00 to 11:00 Hrs followed by Part B from 11:00 to 13:00 Hrs.
- Answers to Part A have to be given as one of the choices in the computer itself. Answers to Part B have to be given in the answer book provided by the supervisor. These answer books will be collected for manual correction at the end of the examination.
- Part A will be used as a screening test. If N is the total number of seats available in all the participating institutes, then approximately the top 10xN candidates will be shortlisted from Part A. Part B will be evaluated only for the candidates who are shortlisted from Part A. only the scores from Part B will be used for preparing the list of qualified candidates (Merit list) in CEED.
- After the declaration of the results, CEED scorecards will be available for downloading to the entire qualified applicant. A hard copy of the CEED score cards will NOT be available and hence will not be sent to the qualified applicant.
For any other query regarding the What is CEED Exam, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
Co-founder & Developer at IAS Paper
I am a 20-year-old guy from Mumbai (Maharashtra) currently doing Software Engineering.I love helping people and providing free education.
Official Website http://www.sharozdawa.com