Latest Applications Open 2023:
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Admit Card has been Available on 13th September 2023. Karnataka is one of the southern states of India. As the name suggests, Karnataka PGCET is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority to provide admissions to several postgraduate courses. PGCET stands for Post Graduate Common Entrance Test, a yearly state-level entrance exam for interested and eligible candidates. There are numerous courses in which the candidates are provided admission through this prestigious exam, namely M. E, M. Tech, MBA, MCA, ME, M. Arch, and so on.
Those who wish to apply for this entrance exam must apply online and mandatorily fill out their application forms. According to the latest sources, the application forms are expected to be released on 10 August 2023. If you are one of those candidates wishing to pursue postgraduate courses from Karnataka, you must carefully review this article.
The article here throws light upon certain aspects of the exam, including the eligibility, pattern, syllabus, merit list, counseling, official website, overview, etc. Read the details carefully and grasp the information with clarity. Let us take a look at the important information.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Notification – Admit Card Available
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Quick links
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Highlights
Some of the important highlights of the exam are listed below in the tabular representation for the candidates to gain a clear perspective of the entrance exam, which would help them in the long run and provide clarity. The representation consists of all the important information related to the entrance exam.
One should have sufficient knowledge regarding the crucial aspects of the entrance exam before proceeding with the application form. The table will help you understand the name, full exam form, exam level, official website, if any, helpline number, and so on. Let us take a glance at the same.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
|Name of the Exam||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (Karnataka PGCET)|
|Name of the Conducting Authorities||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|Level of the Exam||State Level Exam|
|Type of the Exam||Post Graduate|
|Mode of submitting application forms||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen-paper-based) mode|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MCA, ME, MTech, etc.|
|Helpline Number||080 – 23460460|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Important Dates
The dates of the exam events are tentative as of now, and you will be informed through our page and the official website of the Karnataka PGCET regarding the same. Candidates must keep these dates in mind and ensure they start their preparation accordingly. One should not think too much about the dates of the exam events and should focus on their preparation.
Let us take a look at the tentative dates of the exam events. Keep checking the official website for the latest information.
|Release of the application forms||8th August 2023|
|Last Date to submit the application forms||20th August 2023|
|Release of the Admit Cards||13th September 2023|
|Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Date||23rd & 24th September 2023|
|Release of the Answer Keys||To be Announced|
|Declaration of the results||To be Announced|
|Beginning of the Counseling||To be Announced|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Form
The application forms for the exam will be published by the exam conducting authorities on the official website. Candidates must make sure to fill them out after completion of the registration process. The application forms are released separately for separate courses, and it is essential to fill them correctly.
Candidates can get help from a cyber cafe or anyone who knows about the same. The dates for filling out the application forms will be released in the official notification. Keep an eye on the same. Let us look at some of the crucial aspects of the application forms.
- The application forms for Karnataka PGCET 2023 are expected to be released online only. No other mode of application submission is available as of now.
- As per the latest information, the application forms are expected to be released in the first week of June 2023.
- All the candidates are expected to enter the important details in the application form carefully as the authorities are not going to provide any correction facility under any circumstances.
- The important information related to the application process and the login credentials will be sent to the candidates’ registered mail ID and phone number. So, you are requested to enter the valid and working contact details.
- Remember that the application forms will be accepted for those candidates who will be eligible to apply. The candidates must ensure that they meet the required eligibility conditions.
- When you proceed towards the application process, the candidates are required to put in the important information in the application form, which includes the name of the candidate, the name of the father, the name of the mother, educational qualification, and so on.
- As per the latest information, the last date to submit the application forms will be in mid-July 2023.
- All the candidates need to take the printout of the application form once their registration and payment is done.
How do you fill out the Application Form?
The application form must be filled out correctly and carefully. For the same reason, the candidates must ensure they follow these steps for filling out the application form correctly and not commit any mistakes. These steps are listed here to help you with the application form. Let us take a look at the same.
- Go to the official website of Karnataka PGCET 2023. The official website is mentioned above in the section of highlights.
- Now, moving on, the candidates must click on the link that says “Karnataka PGCET 2023 Registration Process”.
- Click on the same and enter the details that have been asked, such as the name of the candidate, email ID, phone number, and so on.
- Now, the candidates must upload the required documents in the scanned format and prescribed dimensions, such as the photograph and signature.
- The application fee must be paid in an offline manner.
- Finally, take the printout of the application form and save the same for any future reference.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Form Correction
As per the latest records, the facility for correcting the application form will not be provided to the candidates. As a result, the candidates should ensure they fill out the application form correctly and do not commit any mistakes. The application form must be reviewed twice before the final submission of the application form. The facility to make the corrections will not be provided under any circumstances.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Fee
The payment of the application fee is a very important step in completing your application form. Remember that the application form will not be accepted if the application fees are not paid. The application fee is the crucial step in the entire application process. Some of the crucial aspects related to the application fee are as follows.
- The application fee must be paid in the offline mode only. No other mode of application fee will be accepted.
- You can pay the application fee at the nearby post office.
- Remember that the application fee will not be refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
The application fee according to the category is mentioned as follows.
|General Candidates||Rs. 650/-|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must note the requisite eligibility criteria before applying for any particular exam and ensure they fulfill the entire eligibility conditions beforehand. If the conducting authorities find that the eligibility conditions are not met by the candidates who are applying, then sadly, they will be rejected from the application process.
The eligibility criteria differ for different courses, and candidates must go through the course they are concerned with. Let us take a look at some of the courses along with their eligibility criteria.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates who wish to apply for this program must possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Marks Required: All the candidates need to score at least 50% marks if they are general and 45% if they belong to any reserved category, which includes Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Category I of the candidates belonging to the state of Karnataka.
- Appearing Candidates: The good thing is that candidates in the final year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the course. They need to produce their mark sheet at the time of the verification.
- Educational Qualification Required: All the candidates who wish to apply for these courses must have completed their graduation from a recognized board or university.
- Subjects Required: The candidates need to have passed their graduation with the subjects which include Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Computer Application as one of the optional subjects along with the mandatory subjects.
- Marks Required: Those candidates who have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their graduation if they belong to the General category and those who have secured a minimum of 45% marks if they belong to SC, ST, Category I of Karnataka are eligible to apply for this course.
- Appearing Candidates: Those in the final year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the exam.
ME, M. Tech, M. Arch
- Educational Qualification: All candidates need to possess a B. Tech or M. Sc degree if they wish to apply for these courses. The degree must be from a recognized board or institution.
- Marks Required: All candidates must possess a valid GATE scorecard to apply.
- Marks Requirement: If the candidate belongs to the general category, then they need to possess a minimum of 50% marks, and if they belong to any reserved category such as SC, ST, or Category I of Karnataka, then they must possess a minimum of 45% marks to apply.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Pattern
If the candidates possess sufficient knowledge regarding the exam pattern, it is easier to clear the exam with flying colors. For that same reason, the candidates must go through the exam pattern of different entrances and prepare accordingly. Some of the important aspects related to the exam pattern of this particular exam are described below for your reference.
- Exam Mode: As per the latest pattern, the examination mode will be offline in manner.
- Medium of the Exam: The entire question paper will be in the English Medium.
- Total Marks: The questions will be of 100 marks total in all the courses.
- Duration of the Exam: As per the latest pattern, the exam will be 150 minutes, which is also 2 hours and 30 minutes to solve the question paper.
- Questions Type: All the questions will be objective in nature or multiple choice questions type.
- Marking Scheme: As per the latest pattern, one mark will be awarded for each correct answer, and there is no negative marking for any wrong answer.
The distribution of the marks and the number of questions in some of the courses are mentioned below. Please take a look.
|Courses||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch||75||100|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Syllabus
One must have sufficient knowledge of the examination syllabus and must prepare accordingly. The candidates should have complete information regarding what topics must be prepared for the examination for them to clear the examination.
The syllabus of the Karnataka PGCET will be available on the official website. Still, for your reference, we have also provided information on certain subjects that must be covered for the examination. The entrance exam will test the knowledge of English, Technical skills, and problem-solving techniques. Some of the subjects with topics are mentioned below.
|Computer Science Engineering||
|Mathematics and Computer Science||
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Preparation Tips
These are certainly prominent that will help you boost your performance. The candidates must follow these preparation tips and make sure that they stick to them until the examination is conducted.
- These tips are going to help you in the long run. If you want to enhance your performance, these tips are the right strategy. Let us take a look at some of them.
- All the candidates should thoroughly review the entire syllabus and ensure they understand the exam pattern with utmost sincerity.
- Now, you must create a strategy and a way of studying and sticking to the same religion.
- Now, the candidates must focus on their studies and try to avoid distractions and useless things.
- Try to carefully solve the previous year’s question papers and be aware of the latest examination pattern.
- Be calm, focus on your health and good lifestyle, and don’t try to engage yourself in harmful activities.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Admit Card
The admit cards for this entrance exam are likely to be published in July 2023. The candidates must download the same using their login credentials, such as their registration number. You will notice that the admit cards contain certain information that must be checked by you, such as the name of the candidates, the name of the father, the date of the exam, and the center of the exam.
The admit cards are going to be published online manner. All the candidates must keep the printout of the admit cards safely until the admission procedure is complete. Don’t forget to take the valid ID proof and admit cards to the exam hall.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Centers
These are some exam centers where the exam is likely to be conducted, and the candidates must make sure they choose their desired and convenient exam center per their needs. The exam will most likely be conducted at the exam centers mentioned below. Let us take a look at the same.
|PGCET Exam Centre List|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Answer Keys
The answer keys of the entrance exam are going to be published by the official authorities in an online manner. As per the latest information, the answer key is expected to be released in the second week of August 2023. Candidates can check their raw scores using the answer keys, and they can analyze whether they will be selected for the exam or not.
The answer key is expected to be released in PDF format per the latest information. Candidates can make the prediction of their marks well in advance. Once the objection period is over, the authority will publish the candidates’ final answer keys.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Result
As per the latest sources, the results for Karnataka PGCET 2023 will be released in the third week of August 2023. All the aspirants can check their results using the roll numbers they possess. Apart from the results, the official authorities will publish the merit list for several courses.
Candidates must note that the reservation criteria will also be applied according to the rules and regulations of the Karnataka State when the merit list is prepared. According to the ranks and names of the candidates in the merit list, the candidates will be called for the counseling procedure.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Counseling
The counseling process will be conducted for the shortlisted candidates on the merit list. The counseling process of the examination will be organized in the online method as per the latest sources. All the selected candidates must report for the counseling process and register themselves from the first week of September 2023.
At the time of the counseling process, the candidates must provide their preferences for the branch and their college. The seats will be allocated according to the marks of the candidates that will be secured in the examination and also according to the choices filled by them at the time of counseling. All the candidates need to possess certain necessary documents for the verification process.
Some of the documents that must be brought are as follows.
- Six Passport size photographs.
- Class 10 and 12 Mark Sheet
- passing certificates issued by a recognized Education board.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Caste Certificate
- A printed copy of the Result of the Entrance Examination.
- Admit card issued for the entrance exam.
Some Important FAQs
Question- What sort of questions will be asked in the exam?
Ans- All the questions will be objective.
Question- Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans- As of now, there is no negative marking in the exam.
Question- What is the mode of examination?
Ans- The examination is going to be conducted in an offline mode.
Question- Can the candidates in the final year be eligible to apply for the exam?
Ans- Yes, those in their final year are also eligible to apply for the exam.
If you have more questions about Karnataka PGCET 2023, you can write your queries in the comments box below.