Latest Applications Open 2023:
KSET is referred to as the Karnataka State Eligibility Test which is organized by the Government of Karnataka to ensure that teaching standards are maintained for courses taught at the Higher Secondary level in the state of Karnataka.
Candidates have to give the KSET 2023 exam to be appointed as Higher Secondary School Teachers as well as Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE.
Applicants who are participating in the State Eligibility Test 2023 should meet eligibility criteria brought by the authority.
KSET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Applying once candidates must check the KSET 2023 Eligibility Criteria so they will get to know whether they are eligible to apply or not.
For more information candidates have to look below the given criteria table and following.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, Haryana| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Alliance University, Karnataka | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Candidates meet KSET 2023 Eligibility Criteria if they possess a Master’s degree in a specific subject with not less than 55% aggregate marks for General Category and 50% Marks aggregate for SC, ST, PWD, OBCs (Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA & IIIB) or equivalent grade.
- Apart from this, aspirants should have a B.Ed degree in any discipline from any university in Karnataka or possess these qualifications from any other university which is considered to be at par with these universities.
- However, there are some exceptions to the above-mentioned Eligibility Criteria for KSET 2023 exam, and these exceptions are listed below:
|Qualification||Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET|
|Appearing Candidates||Appearing Candidates their Master’s Degree (First or Second Semester) or equivalent course or Appearing Candidates for their Master’s Degree (Final Year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test|
|Marking Scheme (General)||55% of marks (without rounding off)|
|Marking Scheme (SC,ST,PWB, OBCs)||50% of marks (without rounding off)|
|Relevant subject||Appear for KSET in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only|
|Ph.D. Degree Holder Candidates||Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result), shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%)|
|Other than the General category||Required to mention their reservation status in the online application form|
|Ineligibility is detected due to an invalid certificate by the KSET agency||Canceled without prior notice and they shall be liable for legal action|
|Other state Candidates (Except Karnataka)||Treated as General Merit (GM)|
|Mere fact||The examination will not imply that the KSET center has finally accepted his/her candidature|
|Reappearing Candidates||Became eligible in Previous KSETs are not eligible to apply again in the same subject|
|Equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate||Recognized Indian universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)|
- Aspirants are informed that they do not meet the Eligibility Criteria for KSET 2023 if they have secured their qualifications through Correspondence Courses/ Open Universities which are not recognized by any one of the Universities in Karnataka.
- Also, “candidates who have acquired their qualifications through recognized correspondence courses/Open universities should obtain and furnish certificates of recognition and equivalency from any one of the Universities in Karnataka”, states the official website.
- Aspirants who possess their Master’s degree with the minimum required marks to meet SET Eligibility Criteria but are currently in the final year of their B. Ed degree program also meets KSET 2023 Eligibility Criteria.
- Similarly, candidates who have secured their B. Ed degree and are in the final year of their postgraduate program also meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- The official website informs: “Such candidates must produce the Certificates of their qualifying examinations passed with the minimum required marks within one year from the date of publication of the results of the test, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified”.
KSET 2023: Marks Relaxation for SC/ST
Aspirants who want to appear for KSET will be granted 5% marks relaxation in the minimum marks they need to possess in their qualifying exam to be eligible to appear for SET.
KSET Age Limit
There is no prescribed age limit for aspirants who want to appear for the state eligibility test.
If you have any other questions about KSET 2023 Eligibility Criteria, you can write your queries in the comments box below.